Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-08, 17:07

Plan: Low Carb & Sleeved
Stats: 363/217/175 Female 4 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default Dream Wardrobe?

Do you ever hope/fantasize of your dream wardrobe? Mine would have to be a rock tshirt and some skinny jeans.
I've always had to wear the stretch jeans and the ones with no buttons or a zipper.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-08, 20:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/206.5/160 Female 5 foot 10 inches
BF:goals 199/190/172
Progress: 58%

I totally do this. I'd like really cute summer dresses and maybe a really great looking trench coat. I know you can get plus sized stuff, but I wouldn't feel comfortable in a dress at my current size. I'm stalled right now, but I'm hoping the scale will start moving soon (down of course) so I can get a nice dress when the warm weather rolls around.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-08, 16:15

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Summer dresses and shirts with no sleeves, and yes that trench coat sounds fabulous!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-08, 19:35

Plan: PP / Atkins
Stats: 275/215/170 Female 5'8
BF:too much/26%
Progress: 57%

I know this sounds a little silly, and yes there are some things that bigger people just shouldn't wear if they want to look good - but please don't avoid dresses and jeans and fitted clothes! Your body is lovely and deserves to be dressed wonderfully no matter what size it is.

If you don't learn to love it, and dress it now then when you do lose weight it's incredibly hard to switch mind sets when you do get to whatever that mental "perfect" number is. At 210 lbs and 5'10" Can_Linz I bet you'd look wonderful in a dress!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-08, 22:09
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Well I just bought my first dress in 10 years, and my husband reacted very enthusiastically!

I dream about owning an evening or ball gown. A dress for the red carpet. I've never worn anything like that in my life. Never attended a prom. I'm thinking it must make you feel like a princess.

But where in the world would I wear it to?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-08, 17:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 262/174.2/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:

just about anything is a size eight would be great, form fitting, soft ok so styles may come and go before I get there but I can dream.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-08, 18:29

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 324/283/245 Male 71.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hmmm, Oxxford houndstooth sportcoat in about a 42R, faded light blue end on end cotton buttondown, blue jeans, tan vintage Florsheim wingtips.

Actually, after losing about 40 pounds I am already having a lot of fun dressing better than before. The clothes I will wear and the way I will look at around 200 is a huge motivator for me.

I'll bet you thought it would just be girls responding on this thread.

Last edited by advantagec : Tue, Mar-18-08 at 18:35.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-08, 20:34

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can_Linz
I totally do this. I'd like really cute summer dresses and maybe a really great looking trench coat. I know you can get plus sized stuff, but I wouldn't feel comfortable in a dress at my current size. I'm stalled right now, but I'm hoping the scale will start moving soon (down of course) so I can get a nice dress when the warm weather rolls around.

Yes, summer dresses are a must for me in this Texas heat. Trench coats are nice, but I think I'm too short for them at 4'11"

When is the last time you wore a dress?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-08, 20:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizKitty
Well I just bought my first dress in 10 years, and my husband reacted very enthusiastically!

MizKitty=I dream about owning an evening or ball gown. A dress for the red carpet. I've never worn anything like that in my life. Never attended a prom. I'm thinking it must make you feel like a princess.

Congrats on your purchase! I bet you got hubby's tongue wagging?

Evening gowns are beautiful! I just wouldn't know where to wear it to? AAAH! You just said that!

CandyLee=Come on girlfriend, you can make that dream a reality!

advantagec=congrats on being the first guy posting here
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-08, 03:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 262/174.2/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:

advantagec, glad to see that men appreciate looking good
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-08, 07:04
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

Quote:
You can wear it to a symphony, opera, ballet, a play in a nice theater -- all of those can be dress occasions. In my part of the US you'll see people wearing anything from jeans to formal clothing at those events. When I lived in the southeast everyone wore semi-formal or formal clothes to the symphony, but that was 20 years ago so who knows if its still true now.

Veronica, at 337 my dream wardrobe was exactly the same as yours. I had never owned a band or brand t-shirt, and couldn't remember the last pair of jeans that weren't stretch elastic waist. The first one I got (my age is showing here) was a Pink Floyd t-shirt. It's 8 years old now and packed away in a drawer but I don't think I'll ever toss it out.

Can_Linz, you should go try on a dress *now*. You can go shop for one without any intention of buying it, just go give it a shot. I bet you'll be shocked by how good you look. You are 3" taller than me, and I look pretty good in dresses, at least men think so.

My dream wardrobe has a couple of nice sweaters in it and a breezy summer dress. One day!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 14:50

Plan: south beach
Stats: 338/288/199 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

Lately I've been looking at a lot of clothes that I desperately wanna wear. I've always worn what fit, not what I wanted, you know?
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 15:03

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

I am now addicted to clothes shopping. It's crazy.

I cannot get over that I can shop in 'regular' stores. I buy belts (really wide ones!) I love sweaters and cool blouses!

I bought a grey skirt with a 4" belt that I didn't think would ever fit, now I wear it to work all the time! I can't believe it when I pass by the mirror.

Happiness is being a low carbing fashionista!!!!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 15:11

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 365/301/140 Female 5"9'
BF:
Progress: 28%

A catsuit & some crazy thigh high honkin' boots would suit me just fine.
A dream to be sure, but its my dream nonetheless.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 16:57

Plan: 90% classic Schwarzbein
Stats: 342/257/165 Female 5'7"
BF:>55%/51%/<30%
Progress: 48%

I'm pondering this a lot nowadays, as I have been trying to determine and define my image with each piece of new clothing I fit into.

I still have my high school prom gown; a beautiful strapless number from the 1950s that I picked up at a vintage clothing store 20 years ago. It's about a size 12 and I'd like to wear it again; I think I could get away with it for a gala event. When I can wear it, I'll find a reason!

For my husband's benefit, I'd like to get into some classic lingerie. Dita Von Teese style. Sure, I have fancy undies now, but they're not va-va-va-voom. Maybe just va-voom.

Sometimes I play a game with myself: I go through a fashion magazine or a catalogue page by page and tell myself, "You're at goal weight and you have to choose clothes from here. You're allowed one outfit from each pair of pages. What ya gonna wear?" Then I daydream a little.