Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 08:07

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

...Linkin Park...
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 08:20

BF:

Quote:
However, after a year of doing the pushing, pulling, leg split I think I'm getting a lot of benefit out of the change.

Cool! It's time for me to make a switch too, and a co-worker wants me to try the push-pull method. Guess we're out of synch, eh?

Ya know what I'd really like to try? A routine incorporating olympic lifts and power lifts! I did a few heavy clean and jerks once and loved it! But I don't know if such a routine trains all the muscle groups, so I haven't done it.
  #228   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 19:30
Rock, Ya'll

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/273/178 Male 6 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Squats - lots of em' - Deadlifts and lots of those too..

Finished off with leg curls, extensions, and calves.

As far as the clean and jerk go I'm not sure, Spud. I've seen it but have not tried it. - Isn't that one of those things that's supposed to be more fun to watch? - lol

Chest & Back tomorrow - plus ma' cardio..

Cheers, Gang!
  #229   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-05, 14:51
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Chest, Back and 30 minutes Stairmaster....

Today was a little different in that I started my chest workout with dumbell bench press. Additionally, I finished off with several sets of seated chest press with a twist. I loaded the machine up very heavy, used the leg assist to raise the weight, and then did some very heavy negatives (about 8 per set - 4 sets). - Each time I needed to return to the starting position, I just used the leg assist.

Like the dumbell bench press I think I'm going to keep this one in there for a while.

Eliptical tomorrow - 60 mintues

Last edited by J.K. : Tue, Aug-23-05 at 14:56.
  #230   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 16:13
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

"45" minutes eliptical...

An hour would have been cooler, but my hamstrings didn't wanna... lol

Shoulders, Tri's and Bi's tomorrow + some cardio and then back to legs on Friday..
----------------------------

Editing to add:

The dumbell bench plus heavy negatives must have a good move for me. My chest is sore as heck today...

Last edited by J.K. : Wed, Aug-24-05 at 16:35.
  #231   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-05, 04:01

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Yeah, changing things up really makes a difference. I think every muscle in my body is a little sore from my new work-out. Feels goooood!
  #232   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-05, 13:41
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Hey Debbie..

I'd have to say I agree with ya' - It feels good..

Shoulders, Tri's and Bi's today then 30 minutes Stairmaster. It was an intense workout from beginning to end. Tomorrow I'll be doing legs, but since this is my second leg day of the week I plan on doing that one a little lighter. More than likely I'll also do the movements that have been missing from my routine of late (i.e. hack squat, inclined leg press, etc..)

Then next leg day it's back to squats and dead lifts..

I also received my first bottle of Nitrix today..

This stuff is a 'supplement to' or 'alternative to' NO-Xplode. I'll be taking it as a 'supplement to.' I've thought that may be a bit of overkill, but I figured what the heck. I've been happy with the NO-Xplode so I thought I might give this a try.

Hope you guys are having a great day. Best of luck with your workouts. Cya tomorrow - and Cheers!
  #233   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-05, 14:47
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Legs, Legs, and Legs...

But there wasn't anything super-heavy today. I did a few squats - did a few dead lifts. However, the focus today was on the other stuff (inclined leg press, seated leg curls, leg extensions, etc.)...

Finished off with a 45 minute air mattress float in the pool....
  #234   ^
Old Sat, Aug-27-05, 17:43
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Missed a planned workout today because of work.

Second shift replacement never showed up. As a result I wound up working all day. I guess I could have done it after closing everything down. However, after doing an 8 to 5 shift doing sixty minutes of Stairmaster just didn't sound very fun.. lol

Possibly making it up tomorrow, however, I think I'll just wait and see how it feels. Sunday is really my only full rest day, and I like taking those. I guess I'll just wait and see..

Hope you are all having a good weekend - and cheers!
  #235   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-05, 15:37
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Missed ma' workout today getting ready for the storm.

Might miss it tomorrow too. I got a call from the Mgr this afternoon and the gym is closed "until further notice."

Yikes! - but I'm sure I'll be back on it soon.
  #236   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 13:53
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Well it's time to play catch-up on the ole gym log.

For the week following the hurricane I didn't work out nor did I follow my eating plan. Most days I dinned on a steady stream of PBJ sandwiches on white bread with Gatorade to wash it down. The end result was about a 5 lb gain over that week.

I'm back on program now, however. (BFFM)... Yesterday I had a full leg workout and today I did Shoulders, Tri's and Bi's... I blasted em all - HA! - Today I also finished off with 30 minutes Stairmaster.

Tomorrow will be a Chest/Back day and I'll be topping it off with 30 minutes eliptical.

At this point I'm really pleased with where I am in terms of muscular size and muscularity - especially when I consider where I was a year ago. I just need to rip it down some more and get a little leaner. For what I'm shooting for, however, I still think I'm about 6 months out.

All for now - and cheers!
  #237   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 18:55

BF:

Good to have you back J.K. !!! I, for one, was beginning to worry... Did you have any damage related to the hurricane?
  #238   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 14:05
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Hey Spud..

I'm a little late in responding to ya. I'm afraid I've been a slacker on my gym log (lol), but thanks for asking. Other than 8 lost trees in the yard we didn't have any damage. - Thank gosh none of them hit the house!

Program wise I worked legs today and it was a killer workout. 7 sets of deep squats one of which was 270 pounds X 4. After that there were a ton of deadlifts, and I'm sure you know the rest.

I was also lucky to get some new stats today.

Body Fat - 22.6%
Weight - 221
Lean Mass - 171.2 lbs
Total Body Water - 57.82 liters, or 57.5%
Body Mass Index - 31.0

We have a new body composition analyzer in the gym that accesses your body with rays of light. I'm still not sure what to make of the Body Water measurement or the Body Mass Index Measurement, however, I was happy to use it for Body Fat %. I understand the thing cost quite a few hundred dollars and as such I just have to believe that it's more accurate than ma' scales.

Shoulders, Tri's, and Bi's tomorrow + Stairmaster.

Hope you are all rockin' - and Cheers!
  #239   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 17:30
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Shoulders, Tri's & Bi's..

All of em done today..

I had a workout partner through my arm exercises, and as a result I hit my arms harder than usual. I also worked out longer than usual. So long, in fact, that I opted to skip the cardio.

I'm due for 60 minutes Stairmaster tomorrow. However, my body and mind are saying Chest and Back plus about half that much cardio. - I'll decide what to do tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well - and cheers!
  #240   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 17:33
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

60 Minutes Stairmaster / 143 floors..

Side note: I'm nursing a right arm elbow strain right now that's related to the weights. It was for that reason that I went ahead and did my regularly scheduled Stairmaster today even though I wanted to lift.

As you may recall, I missed about three months of lifting due to a left arm tendon injury near the elbow (called little league elbow). This right arm injury is different than the left, and I'm thinking it will resolve rather quickly. Nevertheless, I'm going to be cautious and give it a rest.

Chest and Back scheduled for tomorrow but I'll prolly do eliptical..