Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 08:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/154/135
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Brand Spankin New!!

Hello everyone,

I am a student from the UK (although I'm American) and I'm a newbie to this Low Carb business. I have just finished my first week of induction, and it was a tough one. I'm just sooo sick of eating meat! Does anyone else feel this way? What I wouldn't do for an orange right now. But no, I will trudge on. I am noticing that my cravings are getting less and less, but they are still there.
I am only about 20 pounds over my goal weight, but I carry my weight around my hips, bum, and thighs so 20 pounds makes a big difference on my lower half. So hopefully by my birthday in July, I'll have reached my goal. fingers crossed
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 19:22

Plan: protein power
Stats: 133/???/112 Female 164cm
BF:size 10/ 8 /(6/4)
Progress: 0%

welcome
i've only just started 2 the cravings are so bad, i want sugar!!!!! i'm a student in my first year at warwick uni, so ur a little further north than me. well good luck, i'm the same as you all hips and thighs, oh well i hope this diet does all everyone says.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 21:34

Plan: Atkins' Low Carb~Induction
Stats: 212.5/204/155 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%

I've been on Atkins for a month now and trust me the cravings do diminish. I had a terrible sugar withdrawal my first week but after that they slowly decreased to where I don't really have carvings. oh! If you want sugar, you can try sugar free chocolate. It tastes just like the real thing!

Sara
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 08:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 212/186/145 Female 5 foot 5 in.
BF:?????????
Progress: 39%
Default Sugar

I am a full time nursing student and I have a hard time finding time to cook meals. I have resorted to the same foods over and over... What I would do for a snickers Ice cream bar right now...

I heard it gets alot better I am on my 8th day of induction and 8lbs down!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 10:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins started at 197lbs
Stats: 207/183/170
BF:BMI: 31.5/27.5/26
Progress: 65%

yeah, cravings DEFINATELY do diminish *even with cheating!!*

I haven't been on this WOE very long...and CONSTANTLY cheat with SF PBcups *BOO!!* but found I can live without the food that was a staple in my diet before!!

Like oreo blizzards from DQ, popcorn (i work at a movie theatre), and ANYTHING with peanuts/peanut butter and chocolate.

now...nothin'. i had 1/2 a small oreo blizzard and it wasn't that great....i had some popcorn when i saw xmen 2...wasn't that great. the SF pbcups are the only things i love WAYYYY too much...i'm having a hard time giving them up

I NEED TO LOSE 17 MORE POUNDS BY JUNE!!!! GAHHHHH

I'm nervous I won't

anyway...TRY to exercise as much as possible and you should do fine

-lex
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 09:51

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress:

hey Sprockets, my daughter is doing Induction right now, and her diet consists mostly of eggs and meat, she is doing Induction for the 2nd time, she was'nt strict enough the first time! don't give up yet! she's been on it for 1 week now and not seeing alot of change, i know it's hard, but try to stay on it for at least the 2 weeks of Induction anyway, she gets sick ofthe same menu too. today I sent with her lunch, 2 cups of lettuce, gr beef caesar dressing, no carb, alittle cheese, 2oz, and 3/4 cup of broccoli, mix it together and it'slike a Taco salad without the tacos! God Bless ya! skatrmom