Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-20, 12:00

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Back again....

I ended up going to Yoga at 10:15....the coffee kicked in and I was ready to go. It was a pretty tough class with some "yeah right" moments when she suggested a stretch or pose.

Nic....I'm dying to know how you like the Barre class. They offer it at my gym, but I've been too chicken to try it. I've heard it's pretty tough....especially on the legs and butt. Please report!

So you're not interested in "Monk housing" when you visit son in NYC? I'm with you!

Jaz....you asked who was going on our FL trip. It is going to be the whole fam damily! Both our kids and all the grandkids! We're going to St. Pete Beach. We're taking my sister along too. I think there will be 11 of us all together. We opted for this instead of Key West this year since KW isn't really a place for kids. The oldest boys are 16 & 17, so if we were going to all go on a trip together, we decided we'd better do it!

Trig...hope you got your errands done. Feels good to get it done and get back home, doesn't it?

Blue....is tonight airport pickup? How exciting!

Ok....did the gym thing, showered, lunch......maybe a nap?
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-20, 14:55

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

It is such total monk housing!! He has a single room. The twin bed meets the door jamb, and other side of the door jamb is the wall. So the room is not even as wide as the bed is long, I don't think. At the end of the bed is a small desk with a single chair and that is the length of the room, and then across from the desk is a small upright wardrobe. I mean, it is SMALL. Maybe 9 to 10 feet long and 7 feet wide or something?? Besides that there is a common kitchen, a common room, and they are provided with a meal a day as part of their rent. Communal bathroom. He can pay 30$ a week for an AC unit in his room if he wants it. Wifi is included, which is nice. It's an interesting choice, but he is all about saving money and opening a Roth IRA for himself. How can I complain about that?

The Barre/Balance class was fine. Very low key. Plenty of older folks there, as I was expecting. I'm an old soul and willing to work my way along slowly, as opposed to having my butt beat and my ears bleeding from really loud work out music. LOL It is also a good reminder to me of how important it is to do these things as we get older. (and I realize I am not old, but you know what I mean.) Already she said several important things that I didn't even know. Like, for example, that the glutes are one of the most important muscle groups in the body because we use them to lift our legs when we walk. That is why older people shuffle.. their glutes get weak. The shuffling leads to weaker glutes, which leads to falls. Very interesting to learn!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-20, 19:28

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

urghhhhhh..... geting sick......sore throat, heavy chest, slight fever, body aches, headache, ear pain- AWESOME-
I have VICKS rub all over-

Back in am - still going to work- I got it from there and everyone is sick there so what the hell.
Tumeric and ginger tea- I will make it- got to........ one more thing. My earpain is the worst- I want them to pop.

Going to bed- till tomorrow
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-20, 19:58

BF:

Oh no!! I am so sorry you are sick, Jaz. I hope you sleep really well and feel better in the morning. If you need to take a day to rest then do it!
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 04:47

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Oh Jaz....so sorry you've come down with the crud. Ugh. I guess it was just a matter of time since you are surrounded by it at work. I hope you were able to sleep last night so you can keep going. Take care.

Not much to report here. Scale is staying steady, so all good there. Today I'll go to the gym for a treadmill run and then the restorative yoga class at Noon. It is so great to do after running......just total relaxation and stretching. I'll be like a wet noodle for the rest of the day.

The snow we had last night didn't amount to much, but it was wet & slick. DH said we got about 2 inches or so. He had to go clean Betty's sidewalks last night and put down some anti-skid material. She has a corner property, so lots of sidewalk to deal with.

Have good days everyone!

EDIT: Change of plans....everything icy, just got a snow squall, dangerous roads alert on my phone. Gym classes cancelled until 2 this afternoon so no Yoga. I may go to the gym later and hit the treadmill...we'll see. For now....eat!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Jan-08-20 at 05:48.
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 06:05

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!
I feel better- I am really FIGHTING this bug. I gagged down 2 heaping teaspoons of turmeric and pepper. I also made some ginger tea, and took a hot bath and went to bed at 9 last night. I didn't even talk to my kids. I just wanted to sleep.

But I woke up feeling better- no fever................. hoping it is not just waiting, but I am getting rid of it. It is ALL over the hospital right now Staff is coming in to work sick! I get it. If I get sick I will go in too- I will just wear a mask. I should wear one today anyway as my immune is down right now.

So how much snow did you ladies get? Lori I see you posted 2 inches. Any ice? Nic what about you? They have schools here on a 2 hour delay for black ice- everything froze.

Lori- - so very cool regarding the FL. trip. I always though that would be a fun thing to do, have a big family get away. Did you all rent one of those big houses right on the beach? That would be fun. Ya gotta have the right family for it. MY family all under one roof........... yeah right!!!!! The idea is cool!

NIC- I love you are sharing what you have learned. So interesting about the core, and why older people shuffle. I have always wondered that myself. Now you have my attention. You are taking a BARRE class? I will need to look that up. I have said I need some sort of stretching class. I too need some core strength.
Did you get much snow?
I love your meal planning! That is THE WAY TO GO!!!! I do the same when I can. I have been eating on stuff I made Sunday. I think today will be the last day for it.

I have been trying to narrow down the places I would love the 3 of us to go. There are SO MANY!!! - I know Lori suggested maybe Fins. Which I have still not yet made it too! Then there is another place that is a really nice steak house supper club. It is a bit pricey but I hear it was the best for a great steak. We are only talking about two really nice outings anyway.

Blue- is your son there yet? I know you are a happy momma bear! Can't wait to hear all about what you all do! I love that he is so spontaneous to just "drop in"!!!!! LUCKY you! Enjoy your time. It's just what the doctor ordered to lift a spirit!

TRIG-
- Hey there my southern sister! So are you planning anything for summer? I know this is a rough time of year with the weather and all. You are definalty a sun baby!!!!! You would flourish in Fl- or south west! I think Florida is right up your alley. They call it the sunshine state for a reason! I could see me there too!

The ONLY issue I have is the bugs and snakes and reptiles that are rampant! I was talking the girls I work with about the snakes and the snapping turtle I have had in my back yard. They looked at me like I have grown a 3nd eye!
But hey like you I know what I like. Cold and gray is not it!
What on your menu tonight? I need to make these crab legs and steak I have in the freezer. I might pull them out for a Saturday one meal.
--------------------------------------------------------
not much else............... just getting through and waiting for the weekend. I will continue my bone broth and turmeric for a few more days until I am sure this bug is gone.

Oh- I get my diffuser today! I also got my started pure oil set yesterday! FUN!!!!! My son gifted me wit those! Good Boy!

Have a great day

Super fast posting/ and editing- UBER FAST!!!
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 06:07

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, 2 inches of snow. wow didn't know you guys had a little storm happening. feel for ya cause yea that little snow can become icy on top and nail ya
Your gonna come out feeling like a wet noodle the rest of the day? HAHA I like that

Jaz, sick...yea with you around sick I always wonder how hospital staff don't go down all the time so fast on nasty colds and things. icky....take the drugs to help ya and get better soon!

Nicco...I like that. uniform style. yup that is me too LOL younger days I experimented on fine clothes and high heels and all, real fast that changed when I moved south, bought land for my horses and became a farm gal....ahhh my natural state really---I so get you about clothes!

So funny to read about the monk like housing. Hey less to clean, deal with and more. I get it HAHA

Your Barre class was interesting to read about. shuffle vs. glutes and more. something to keep in my mind. Where is this Barre class? At the Y or something like that?

and you are right. the kids won't want any of it. I got jewelry from mom and a cup with my Dad's name on it and little things, photos. No one wants
entire house contents. My mom can't give us any of her stuff, we don't want a darn thing LOL One reason I love my minimal lifestyle in the house. Heck I wanna get rid of more of this crap also and will. Soon as kid hits college I am making rooms empty damn near. Will attack her game room back there and ditch it all mostly. If we sell this house my next one down the line will be a 'tiny house' but a bit bigger. In that 600-700 sq ft range. I want less and less and less and less in my life. That is why my 240 sq ft toyhauler rv is so attractive to me. We live so well in it without any of the 'housework' involved. Just up my alley eh....going off on a side chat here HAHA

kid has 1/2 a year of classes then now it changes to her other 1/2. She has no more gym ever in her high school days. gym is required freshman year only...1 half the year and she did it and it is over. She never has to take it again, it becomes an elective. Yea, my school days were never like this
Now she has Science, Math, Fine Art and an online French course. Online is no class, kids just meet in a room and 'do the course' online. She can leave school also but even with Online French being her last class....heck I can't go pick her up every day early from school. With having to handle my Mom I just can't chance not being able to get her....so I said she can have 8 missed days in online French and I will pick her up early 8 times that we can fit it in...lol. She said one senior has 3 online courses, 2-3-4th period and that kid gets to leave right after first class is over.....so I said hey if you can set it up when ya drive to do that, sure I am cool with it. School just is so diff. now vs. my old school days so I am learning it all right along with her LOL

HI BLUE!

So I kinda had that 'frantic' eat feeling a lot lately. I ate a lot also No scale down right now. But I woke up in a 'very calm' feeling. Not the wake up hungry starve feeling so that is good. I fed the body well when hungry and now I am hitting into that calm I like. I feel it. I feel the calm inside me, hard to explain but food won't be a focus today in any way. I just know so I can truly go by how my body feels at all times.

I think coming out of the holidays I ate a lot more meat/seafood at weird times to combat the 'not going off plan' and friggin' jealousy I had with all the food around others were eating. It throws me off sometimes.

but food is now gone around here more and not a focus for the family and back to more normal eating vs. holiday crazy finally. So that helps me a lot.

Today will do a ribeye whenever, see no early eat hunger, eating later and back on my own timeline I like to eat is another way I function best so it seems I will be able to do that today. Ribeye and shrimp. I hope being in a calmer spot about food means I will eat the way I like, less hunger in total and get the friggin' scale to move down some! Will see on it all.

vacuum and a few other things today. chores right? they suck rocks to the ultimate!

Little this and that thru the day. MIGHT think about doing my walk video tapes. I held it a bit, tiny bit, and then dropped it as usual. I just can't get into a set exercise type thing. Never could. So I might force me to do some again...I mean a 20 min. walk tape? come on ya know, it is nothing truly, feel good after doing it but blah....ugh....haha.....we'll see LOL, yea that is commitment for ya!!

great day all
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 06:11

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:)

EDIT: Change of plans....everything icy, just got a snow squall, dangerous roads alert on my phone. Gym classes cancelled until 2 this afternoon so no Yoga. I may go to the gym later and hit the treadmill...we'll see. For now....eat!

oh no....yea be careful out there. I sure remember driving in PA...can be dangerous for sure!

had me , now...eat!
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 06:16

BF:

Jaz we cross posted

glad you are feeling a bit better! Good thing is the weekend is coming up for you and you got some days off so you best just sleep thru them and relax all ya can. Hopefully you don't get worse and clear up soon!!

crab legs, well yea, eat those suckers up!!

Summer for us is Canada. About a 3 week trip give or take. Head up slowly to Toronto, hang out a week there, come back down thru Niagra for kid to see it and then home slowly and stop wherever we want. So just a longer, slower trip to Canada.

Then I got like 8-9 days booked at the beach campground in early Aug I think.

Told hubby after this summer we are doing smaller, closer to home trips. I gotta put money aside to buy her a car....only 3 years to college and instead of a ton of money on trips farther away etc., we will do smaller trips around our few states we like here and just start to back off big spending on vacay. I know she is gonna be costing me big money real soon LOL
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 11:25

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Oh well, I guess I got confused about you ladies meeting on a trip. Florida, maybe Carolinas? No? Maybe only a couple of you went? IDK I remember something about a condo a few blocks from the water. I tried looking back to the old thread but there isn't a link to it.
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 14:54

BF:

Hi everyone!

We've had it all today weather-wise, from a two hour school delay, to sunny, to now sunny with gusty winds.

Lori- I hope things melted and you were able to get out for a little while if you wanted to. Or maybe you are taking a home day. Have you got the wind coming through this afternoon? Came up out of nowhere!

Jaz- Glad you are feeling better. I'm sure the rest helped a lot. Hopefully you can do the same thing tonight and really get on top of it.

I'm guessing we got an inch and a half of snow here? Possibly two. The roads weren't too bad, maybe just a touch slick. Pretty to see though.

Don't stress too much about where we go. We will be happy with whatever, you know? It is all good!

Glad you figured out how to get your stuff from Amazon. Enjoy!

Trig- The class is at the 50+ Center. Great deal for us with multiple locations in the county. This one is just a couple of miles down the road from me, right by the library. Only costs about 70 dollars for the year to join. Then you have access to the fitness centers, I think some pools too etc. Plus all kinds of programs and classes, some for an additional fee and some not. The two I signed up for were not free but were super inexpensive.

So for your kid, science is only a half year, and math too etc? I am so confused by this! I didn't know this was a thing!

Glad you woke up feeling mentally calmer about food and the hungries etc. These things come and go. Sounds like you rode it out really well.

Your Canada trip sounds great! I've not been to Toronto. I've been to Montreal and Quebec City, and we will see Vancouver and that area on our Alaska trip next year or so.

••••••••••

Great day today.

Washed the boys' sheets and will hand them over so they can remake their beds. I love having older kids so much. Only bed I make anymore is my own!

Continuing decluttering work. 3/4 through with my first pass through of the main level family room. One bag of trash and three boxes of donation stuff today. I may go back and cull again. I just think to myself- Have I used this? Do I want to pay to move it somewhere in a few years? Could another person or family benefit from it more than I can right now? If so, then it goes.

The biggest two things that make me hesitate are 1) sentimental things.. things the kids made, pictures of them etc. And 2) things like games that we don't use now but I can see using with grandkids when that comes around. With that, I am trying to slap myself into reason. Grands being old enough to play games is YEARS down the line. Then, if I really want a game, I can buy it or buy it used. Let someone with children use it now.

Open up, unclench, LIGHTEN UP.
Put good things out into the universe.

Did my Tai Chi Chih class today. Very slow moving but in a good way. At the end I actually felt that heavy, post massage feeling of contentment and heaviness/calm. So that was good. Then I walked over to the fitness center next door and did 20 minutes on the elliptical before I headed home.

So, in all ways a good day. On plan and moving forward with my theme. YES!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 14:55

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Oh well, I guess I got confused about you ladies meeting on a trip. Florida, maybe Carolinas? No? Maybe only a couple of you went? IDK I remember something about a condo a few blocks from the water. I tried looking back to the old thread but there isn't a link to it.

You are remembering right, we did visit Charleston around February of last year. We had a great time!

Have a good New Year!
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 16:03

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by niccofive
You are remembering right, we did visit Charleston around February of last year. We had a great time!

Have a good New Year!

Thank you Nic, OK Charlston, I knew I remembered you ladies going to the beach.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 17:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Son went out for dinner w/pals so I just wrote a mondo post and lost it. This is due to something in this laptop---the one I need to replace as a quarter of the screen is destroyed. Won't bore you w/what happens but isn't the first time, even before screen got damaged. Just haven't had time to get out to Best Buy.

Just can't write it all out again. Son and I were out and about all day. NEED Chill time. But DID read and enjoy all your posts, some juicy stuff today I really wanted to comment on. Darn it---and that's me using my "thread voice." Believe me, that's not what I said when my post disappeared.
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 21:27

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

OK, I've had some dinner and chilled a bit. Hubby is asleep, son is still out, and I'm wide awake, so thought I'd come back and try again, albeit shorter (not all bad) than my first try tonight.

Jaz---I'm sorry to hear you have "the thing." And yep, seems like everyone has it, here too. You do a good job of taking care of yourself, and that's hard when you're under a lot of stress. But I thought to myself as I read about how you're treating yourself, that some of the old timey aides to the really bad cold or virus, still work. Chief among them imo, the hot bath.

My hubs is big on this, swears by its curative ability to "sweat it out of you." Draws a hot bath for me when I get that punk feeling and all but pushes me into it, LOL. And y'know, I really always do feel so much better after, and so ready for sleep---that other really old timey thing that is so curative.

Nic---I am really enjoying reading about your "cull and clean out" period here. Having gone thru it when we moved, it is now just over a year, yet I think it is time to do it again, in the name of traveling lighter. I really liked how you're thinking about his as you go, and returning to double check stuff...like, is there another family who could use this NOW, rather than you sitting on it waiting for the need to arise. LOL, those grandkids will be playing games we never heard of by the time they get here, or you will find the oldies you love at a song if you need them. I know that was just one example of your thinking, but I really liked it, and wish we'd applied it more when we had the big old house on the corner.

Trig---Was interested to hear you talk about "that panicky food feeling." If you feel like it, I would really like to hear you define this a bit more. Because from my POV, you are SO stellar on plan 99% of the time. Is it about eating more LC calories than you want to? Or maybe, just the change in when you want those calories? Do you see this as cyclical, in that you can identify that it comes and goes? Just listening and taking mental notes, LOL. We may not do the same LC woe, but it's the mental game that gets us most often, right?

Lori---Sounds like you guys got what I think is the WORST of winter weather. The in-between---not snowy, not rainy, but instead ice and sleet. Honestly I would rather have 6 inches of good quality snow, than 2 inches of the in-between. Haha, easy to say now that we no longer live in the big old house on the corner lot, like Aunt Betty. Still, man, I hate the icy thing. Bet you're counting down the days till Florida!

Meme---Yep, we were the Charleston gals. No live cam. Thank God, LOL. Have you been there? I had never been and it's just such a charming town. We had a blast. Just being reminded of it makes me smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my son and I were out and about today, had breakfast at my rave diner, then off to some discount places to look for things for his place in SF. We mostly had fun, but there were moments...

First, during my LC breakfast, I got the lecture on nutrition. Too much fat and eggs and red meat, not enough vegetables, blah, blah, blah. Tried to side track him, kind of nicely blow him off, but he was determined. He's a big health nut, and doesn't get how LC works at all. Y'all know the drill. YUCK.

Then, I said I wanted to find pilates and yoga YouTube stuff I could do at home and I got the lecture on how good it would be for me to get out and be part of an exercise group. Again, , I mean if it's one thing I DON'T need right now it is MORE socialization. That might change, but right now I would welcome some nice exercise alone time, LOL.

Bless his darlin' caring heart, and I know he means well, but I was at my wit's end w/it by the end of today. He's so bright and lately SO enthusiastic about everything he's doing to make his life better. And I love that, but y'know, there's something about being parented by your children that is just so freaking irritating.

Staying on plan fairly well so far, even with him here. Not perfect, but SO much better than I was doing. Have told myself, if you don't make your carb goal every day, just try to eat LESS. They are two totally different things, right?