Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-20, 09:23

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Me again......and just like that....plans change!

BIL called and is not coming. He hurt his back at the gym yesterday and could barely get out of bed this morning. I'm glad he decided against trying to push thru. He may come tomorrow for the ceremony...depends on how he feels. So....that frees up my afternoon. Instead of going out for dinner, DH & I may just get a sub to share and a pizza. I will dump my half of the sub in a bowl and scrape pizza toppings on top. All the taste...few carbs. Score!

I just saw an easy recipe for Keto pancakes/waffles and whipped some up for myself. No syrup, I just used a big pat of butter and a sprinkle of Swerve confectioners sugar. OMG.....thought I was in heaven. I think they will keep me full for a good long time. I may have to get one of those little waffle irons...not sure it would be worthwhile though, as I don't mind making the pancake version.

We leave for FL in just over 2 weeks....Feb. 12. We'll drive to my sister's on Feb 11 and then we fly out the next morning. Sis is anxious for a little getaway too, even though she's getting thrown into the middle of my family. No Disney on this trip. We're going to St. Pete Beach on the Gulf coast. We're staying at the RumFish beach resort. I'm looking forward to lots of relaxing and cold drinks and seafood!

I think I may take a clue from you Jaz and start a 1 day shake, 1 day eat regime to get the expected vacation weight off. We'll see what I'm dealing with when I get home. I'm not going to stress about it.....I aim to have fun....whatever that means.

I have my 2nd load of laundry in the washer and that's going to be about the end of my productivity for the day.

I'm still thinking about joining Planet Fitness. Another reason....on the weekends my gym hosts lots of indoor field hockey/soccer tournaments and baseball clinics etc. You can't get near the place. This weekend they have dozens of teams from all over the country there for field hockey. I'm still trying to decide what to do. Would I use both memberships? I think I would as I love my Yoga classes at my gym and then could use Planet Fitness for the cardio machines....PF is so cheap, it's not a layout of a lot of money.

Anyway...hope you all have a good Saturday. It is pouring down rain here. A good day to stay in. Take care all!
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-20, 10:26

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori- Still raining like crazy here. Weather says it will knock off later this afternoon and then stay overcast and damp. Tomorrow skies will clear and the sun will be bright and 50. But that is not today. Wind is serious here too! URGH.......

I am def going to look up that resort! Oh yes I am! Good for you to get away!
I am really going to give this shake every other day a try. I will do 2-3 shakes. More likely 2- lunch/ evening. I think I could manage that. Going to look at options today. Got a few names of good products. Of course mine needs to be dairy/ sugar/ artificial sweetener free. So that leaves me with a base of pea protein- now I need to watch the carb factor.
You are lucky you can pick up an Adkins shake and be over it. I sure would if I could.

Today I have settled on crab cakes and steamed red Argentina jumbo shrimp- OMG YES!!!!

Sorry to hear Lori- you plans changed. But somethings- it's a good thing!
Time for laundry load 3- then done, sheets and towels.
  #183   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-20, 14:27

BF:

OMG there is a bright orb in the sky that is bright............ Guesses?????? 47-50here now. I wanna hit the beach but have too much still to do. Like a Spring day here.

Mood lifted- want a beach. Wet still though...........

OMG- NIC- So I bought this can of blue crab lump crab a pound- it is amazing. Made about 10 crab cakes. Will freeze some.
Wowsa - I will take a pic and see if this is what you use. It was a HUGE can- made a ton!

Finishing laundry- So want to hit up the board walk. I have on no make up- in pj's might be too much effort.......... Sound like a local now- too tired for beach...... still have laundry spinning. It is a little washer dryer. stackeable
  #184   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-20, 05:44

BF:

Good Morning!

6:30 and I've already been up for more than 2 hours and had 2 cups of coffee. Do any of you wonder why I'm in bed by 9PM?

In a bit I'm going to make a couple Keto pancakes with the leftover batter from yesterday. Hoping the batter is still ok after being in the fridge since yesterday. If not, I'll whip up another batch. Easy!

I'm going to make a trip to the grocery store and then go join Planet Fitness. I want to get a run in by Noon. Then it'll be home to get ready for DGS's boy scout Eagle ceremony at 3. They're having a little lite meal after. BIL is coming this morning to go to the ceremony, providing his back is ok when he wakes up this morning. He called DH last night and said he had been taking Motrin all day yesterday and thinks he'll be ok to drive today. It's about a 2 hr. drive.

Jaz....hope you have a nice day out with your new friend today. I'll be anxious to hear about it. Your crab cakes sound divine. Crab is my favorite seafood, as long as someone else picks it out of the shell. I don't eat anything that I have to bash with a hammer first.

Ok.....DH is finally getting up....time to get this day started.
  #185   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-20, 06:04

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, enjoy that ceremony for eagle scout!!

cool you are joining PF. I heard they did have a very low cost for a gym so that is good!!

glad BIL is feeling a bit better. I tell ya pain and being off sucks big time, we all sure hate it!

Jaz, bone broth. It is the best drink to curb hunger and not give you nasty ass pea protein...yuk. But you do what ya gotta do LOL, you are in a strange work zone and living zone etc. and you do need to find that plan that suits you and works for you at all times. I know you will find it!!!!

Wow your time is ticking down. Not long and home ya go.....any clue on next gig? Anything available that floats your boat yet?

hey all
Lori beat me. went to bed at 11 and up at 5.

watched figure skating last night. ice dancing. how in the hell do they do that? honestly I have no clue how they can be so graceful, perform so much difficulty on an ice blade? It astounds and thrills me to watch these people. Just awesome to me. So I stayed up a bit later to see who won, which is why I stayed up to 11, ohhh so late HAHA

HOORAY! Down another 1/2 lb. Just keep dropping 1/2 lbs. whenever the body wants. So will keep taking it as usual

yesterday I ate.....leftover country style pork spare rib, 7 link sausage, small cheeseburger, 2 chicken breasts

today I got a lb. ribeye I am gonna hit for brunch time meal and then chicken or shrimp tonight when I want just something to eat.

I eat so much. So well. Feel wonderful. And lbs. coming off, even if slowly, I am getting more cool with just that. eh, will see if I want to manipulate carnivore or not. I mean I am losing, why monkey with that? If I drop some fat from my day and 'tighten up' into a bit 'lower kcals' to starve the lbs. off more, hmmm, I could do me a big disservice.....So am thinking hard if I wanna go there or not. I get hungry and all hell can break loose very fast for me and I know that about me, so not sure if I will do something or not. Leaning more toward NOT now LOL

boring day
cold but sunny I think
got the fire going....ahhh, nice and toasty

might and big might here, do a walking tape with Leslie cause in all honesty I am not moving much. I am winter slug bored and tired and blah and cold so I might need to do 'something' to move more. will report later if I do it HAHA

great day all, keep rocking it out
  #186   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-20, 08:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone! Happy Sunday!

Lori- you are moving and shaking with some new changes in your life- new job, joining Planet Fitness etc. Excellent! All good stuff!

Becoming an Eagle Scout is a great accomplishment. Well done to your DGS!

What is in your Keto pancake recipe?

Blue- I hope your feeling better stuck and you felt well all weekend. I felt punky on Thursday going in to Friday but then kicked it. Hope you had fun with your friend too!

Trig- I was totally with you on the sleeping hours the past couple of days and it was making me really mad. I am not a late sleeper, but I am also not a 4 AM waker and that was happening to me for 2-3 days. This morning I woke up at 2:45 and I was FURIOUS. I simply refused. Fell asleep after an hour and a half and slept to a more reasonable time.

Good job on the continued weight loss!! Very glad to hear it is going along so well for you and you are happy with what you are eating and feeling so good. That is what it is all about!

Jaz- Definitely sounds like the hospital setting is not for you. I hope you have fun with your friend today! Sunny day with blue skies here, seasonal cold temps but nothing too bad.. hopefully you have the same.

I hope you can find a shake you are happy with. Or maybe you could just make one?

YUM! Crab cakes are so yummy!!

Steps: Not really tracking them but I am aware of them. On workout days I usually hit 10K or more. Busy days 7-8K, lazy days more like 4K-5K. I just wear my watch and go about my day!

•••••••••

All is well here. DS18 had Homecoming last night and had a good time. Went to a party afterward for a bit, then McD's, then came back here with a bandmate to spend the night. I'll be getting them up shortly- my DS has work at 10 and his friend has to meet his parents at church at 10:30. I'll make them a pancakes and sausage breakfast and then send them on their way. The rest of the day will be mine until around 2 when DH gets back from Nashville.

Moved DS21 into his new apartment at college on Friday. We had a wonderful day going over, getting him set up, going to Ikea for a mattress topper and lunch (I had a delicious pork shank. At Ikea!) It was just a really nice block of time for just us before he left.

Also sent some stuff out to Purple Heart on Friday. Love that truck pickup! Very motivating!

Yesterday I had a lazy morning, then did a bunch of full cleaning upstairs (bathrooms, bedrooms) that needed to be done. Going on nearly two months with no cleaning crew and leaning toward leaving it that way for the moment. My Shark Navigator broke though and the Dyson is too dang heavy to carry all over the place so I think I will get another Shark. I also would like to get a steam mop thing for the floors. Other than that I think I am good for doing it myself.

Saturday afternoon I went to the local Buy Nothing meeting and it was crazy. Poor woman in charge was in no way prepared for what happened! Tons of people brought stuff and less went out than came in. I was just going to go for half an hour (dropping stuff off) but ended up staying the whole 3.5 hours to help. She was freaking out, bless her. Today she has asked me to co-manage the group on FB. I am not eager to do that but she is clearly so overwhelmed. I think I will tell her I will do a trial month and see how it goes but that I very well may not be able to help her long term. Then if it is easier than I expect I can help her longer.

Met a young Mom at the Buy Nothing who was holding a young one- six months. I ended up with the baby and was more than happy to do so. She had twins, 3 minutes apart, and the other one is on a G-tube and just came home recently. She is full of all the doubt and fear and worry that new moms are and cried when she was talking to me. I reassured her that all would be well, her little baby daughter she had brought was clearly bright eyed and content and growing well. Her Mom lives at home with her and her husband so luckily she has some extra help and support. Still, my heart went out to her. DD and SoIL were there also and I talked to her about how hard it is to be a new Mom and how hard new Moms are on themselves. She held the baby a while too and the girl had stars in her eyes for sure!

I have made excellent decluttering progress and I am so proud of myself. All main level areas of the house are done, from cabinets to drawers, family room to kitchen to utility room etc. I have done DD's old bedroom, the loft, the spare bathroom and both linen closets. I won't do the boys' rooms as they are still residents. Next will be my bathroom (which will be quick, it is not cluttered) and bedroom (again, quite quick.) Then come the BIG DADDIES- the garage and the basement storage. I'll do those a bite at a time!

Yesterday I ate at 10 and then again at 6 and I was quite hungry by then! I ended up pulling out some shrimp from the fridge and whipping up a five minute Alfredo and just eating it from a bowl. LC and did the trick! I need to menu plan for this week. Definitely want to do Chicken Enchiladas for sure. And wings probably one night. Maybe some steaks- we haven't had steak in a while!

Anyway, that is about it. Weight is staying put to the exact ounce for days now but at nine pounds I am trying to be patient and just know that it will come in time. My body tends to work in fits and starts. And I would rather this than the hair loss and chills I got the first go round. I won't easily forget that!
  #187   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-20, 08:52

BF:

Good Morning- I slept in.
I fell asleep watching Carnivore videos. I watched about 4- sent 2 to TRIG. I didn't get into the one with the 26 year old. I really enjoyed the interview with the 4 women our age.
There were a couple things I caught before I drifted off. These gals are hard core and all in shape. However I caught 3 things
1.) They all had a struggle with cheese
2.) If they went off plan they started gaining weight fast
3.) They all gravitated to beef- ribeyes- the perfect balance.
It was very interesting. They mententkoned a few names I need to go back and write down and explore. Very interesting.

Trig- I totally get how this works for you. I also heard over and over Zero Carb ZEN. This calm that happens when you are all in. I heard that over and over and have heard it from you! Plus look at you- more LBS. GONE
Don't fix what is working for you.
So happy you are sharing here too. I know you started that other thread- but keep sharing here too! I am too lazy to crash another thread! HAHAHAHAHA

Lori- I have gotten lazy with crab. I am buying it already peeled in a can. It is lump and OMG good, and only affordable on SALE! I got a can that went for 40.00 for 11.99 Christmas Eve. It was a door buster sale, max 3 cans 1 pound each. I got 3.
HEY- I am right there with you going to bed early! I have to get up at 5-530, friend I am in bed by 9-930, even on my day off!

Did you say you have a fire place in your kitchen? I know you have many of them. Are they all workable? That would be awesome. I just LOVE a real wood burning fireplace. Nothing like it. Did your rain finally go away? - Going to be sunny here.

Are you starting your new job this next week? YEA- best of both worlds!

Nic- How is your weekend going? Any more good WOE news? Do you feel your clothes getting looser?!?!?!- Yeah! Nothing like having bloat gone!
You going to get out and about today- it's supposed to get nice later! I HOPE so anyway!

Blue- enjoying your weekend? Hope you are all better!
----------------------------------------------
So I just got my shower done- letting hair dry as is, don't care.
I will do a little something make up wise. Not going all out to go shopping to antique stores. It will be a jeans and a sweat shirt type of day. I am excited to get out and about!

I have done NOTHING work wise this weekend. I just didn't and it isn't happening today. I just wanted a mental break. Now classes, no job search- just R&R!

So I have been bingeing between two shows: Say Yes to the dress. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. I love it for the dresses, fashion, designers, beading, and just beauty of it all. Plus it is cool to see these gals transform into a princess for their day

The other show is HGTV- My million dollar dream house. I love to get lost in that show. Like ,WHAT IF THAT WAS ME!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH- What would I do if I won the lotto? MOST of these winner were scratch off winners. Just something I noticed.

I have TMJ chronically that flares up every few years. It is more of a nuisance that anything else. My right ear feels full (sorta like when you have water in your ear after getting out of a pool) And then it "rings"- low grade ring.
So I try to "pop" it. The more I try to pop, the worse it gets. I need to just stop and it will go away. it isn't fluid. It's the nerve. Just irritating.

Today I am going to have my meatballs. I made them so simple- no filling. Just hit end ground grass fed beef- added mustard, garlic, salt pepper, Italian seasoning- done baked them. Them put them in tomato sauce. So I am thinking about those and not a lot of sauce, maybe just a covering, thought about rinsing it off. I am not there yet. However I will shake off the excess so it will just be a taste.

Then I have my crab cakes left. After these are gone- I will use the other two cans of crab as a steak topper rather than a cake. Just crab and mayo salt/pepper- and done for a steak. Can you think of anything better. Granted they only have 1-2 carbs each, I got 12 out of the batch. LOW, mostly old bay spice, dried egg binder, mayo.

All good.
I like now the idea of TRIG's idea of bone broth vs a heavy shake. Bone broth still has protein. If I drop some Kerry gold in it it would be good. I am wondering though if I heated it in the microwave at work if it would lose some benefit of the broth? Thoughts?

Gotta go- back after my day out!
  #188   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-20, 11:41

BF:

Busy morning here! I went to the grocery store, brought that stuff home and then went and joined Planet Fitness. I stayed and did a 5k(3.1 miles) on the treadmill for my workout of the day. I'll go back tomorrow and get a tour of the circuit training machines. I'd like to get into a routine of machines. While my friend is doing her therapy, I'll be at PF, which is right next door. I'm keeping my membership at my other gym too, as I don't want to give up all my yoga classes etc.

Jaz....I actually started my job last week with 3.5 hours of training. I'll be going in on Tuesday to do payroll with the director.

You asked about fireplaces.....we have no working fireplaces in our house. They were all sealed up years ago. We have 4 mantels, but no fireplaces.

Nic.....the Keto pancake/waffle recipe is 4 oz of cream cheese, softened; a splash of heavy whipping cream; 2 eggs; 1/3 cup almond flour; 1 TB Swerve confectioners; 1 tsp baking powder; 1 tsp vanilla; pinch of salt. I just mixed everything in a 2 cup measuring cup. This made about 6 good sized pancakes. I made 3 one day and 3 the next. Batter kept fine in the fridge. I topped with butter and powdered Swerve. I really like them and so easy to mix up in the measuring cup.

Trig.....that scale is marching down! I really need to find some good ribeyes and give them a try. I love tenderloin steaks, but they are very lean...have to add butter to them. We don't have a gas grill, so I pan fry everything....fire trucks only showed up once.

Blue.....hope you're having a nice friends weekend. I look forward to you coming back.

Just about time for me to hit the shower. DH & BIL are both sitting here sleeping. Exciting stuff around here.

Later!
  #189   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-20, 17:06

BF:

OMG.......just had to share this little tidbit.

Add another thing to the list of joys of living in a house that's 168 years old. We came home from our Grandson's Eagle Scout ceremony & Jack dropped me off and was on his way to see Betty(elderly cousin). Well, I walked into the kitchen and saw something under my kitchen table....are you ready? It was a snake! It was all curled up, but a freakin' snake!! It must have come up from our cellar(basement). Who knows how it got into my kitchen. It was only a little garden snake, but a freakin' snake!!!!!! I called Jack and said "There's a snake under the kitchen table!" He said "Oh Jesus" He said he was turning around and would be right here. I was so afraid the thing would slither off and go under the stove or something, but it never moved. Anyway.....he brought a shovel in and "took care of it". He has lived here almost his whole life and this was a first.

Anyway....DGS's ceremony was very nice and they had a nice social hour afterward. Our daughter and her family came too, as well as DH's brother. It was nice.

Ok, enough excitement for this day!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Jan-26-20 at 18:54.
  #190   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-20, 19:34

BF:

LORI- I would have withered up. I DON'T do snakes!!!!!!!! Thank goodness for your having a Manly husband!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Sent pictures! Went out sight seeing - hit up an island with wild horses and lucky enough to see one. then we hit up a tiny old town for a lunch in a old old hotel........ (hamburger no bun)hold the fries. -

I heard the news of Kobe- and his precious daughter I am in shock.I didn't follow him but I knew of his gift of sports and his kindness. Just goes to show that we just never know. It really makes really sad. It just makes me want to hug my kids a bit tighter, tell those I love one more time, and stop to look up and see the stars, we never know. None of us are immune.
I feel for his family, wife, and what he did for his sports team. He will be missed.

Just wanted to talk- I am not ready to go to work tomorrow. I will because I turn in my time sheet tomorrow. No time sheet no pay! I will be there.
Can't wait to see my Ohio guy- really missing him.......He is flying in week after I get home =staying week.
  #191   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-20, 05:37

BF:

Good Morning Monday-
Not feeling it, I would rather play on the beach! So right about using this time to decide what and what I do not want to do next time around.

Trig- - when is the kiddos spring break? Are you going anywhere for that? Had you seen the video I sent you? I am sure you have done your homework!
Ribeye today?

Nic- start of a new week. What is on your agenda? Have you ever been to that island with the wild horses? I though of you as I spent most of my day yesterday in MD. Although your state is shaped so funny it sorta wraps around other states!

Lori- I know you are up! I can't be posting before you! Cool on telling us about your house again. I fine old houses so interesting. Are you working out this week. Are you feeling better?

Blue- MISSED!
------------------------------------------------------------
Wish I could play on the beach again today. I really had a great time yesterday. It was so fun to explore all these little and very OLD beachy towns. They are very very old. Some of the buildings were built in the 1700's. Can you picture those times? Women in corsets and men in suits- and the building of America literally. So interesting in history. I will tell you the eastern sea board is so rich in history. I never really cared as a kid about the generations before me. But the older I get the more I do!

I bought a bag of sea glass from the antique shop. They are a lot of fake sea glass out there. You can go to any art shop and get some in a bag. But the stuff that comes from the oven that have been tumbled in the ocean for hundreds of years and smoothed to a piece of art is really something. I have some cool pics in that bag. I like the blue and pure white ones. Red is rare. I have a pink one. So very cool. What was once trash the ocean turned to gems!

Tummy feels a bit wonky this morning. Not sure why. Thinking about a fast today to rest my gut. If I do pick up something it might be some bone broth or just some scrambled eggs. I really think resting the gut on a regular basis is what our bodies were made to do. We were never made to eat 24/7.

Really going to tighten up my carbs- I REALLY want to kick start my body. I want it to feel good more than anything. Everyday is a journey for us isn't it?!

Ok- my gal pals I am off to make a buck. My heart is not in it. But my wallet sure as open to it! I wonder how many people really love what they do for a living. Just rambling out loud.
  #192   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-20, 05:50

BF:

NIC- I must have missed your post yesterday?!?!?!?!
Anyway- you get your own post here. So what is it you got roped into? A FB "stuff swap group"? What do people put the stuff? Is it a warehouse?

I really felt for that poor mom with the babe and the g-tube. My DD would really relate to her. My GD still has her G-tube in. She is 2.5 years old. We are hopeful she gets it out in the spring. They wanted to wait until after Flu season. She is almost failure to thrive although she is now eating. But she will never be a large person. She takes after the Asian side of the family and is a tiny little girl.

Interesting what you seem to find yourself into. I know you have a hard time saying NO- just be sure this is something you want to do. I just love the phrase you gave me- NOT MY CIRCUS! I have used that many times when people try to make their emergency my emergency. NOPE- not mine. Just saying. You might want to lend a hand for a minute. Just something to think about.

So when you say you helped move your DS21 into his new apt. Is that in NY? IKEA is a great place for starter furniture!
Keep us posted!

Gotta really go now!!!!!

#193   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-20, 07:05

BF:

Good Morning!

I've been up since a bit after 5, but awake off and on since 3. Sigh...I woke up at 3 and started thinking about the Kobe Bryant thing(so incredibly sad), and then thinking about the snake in my kitchen I did drift back off to sleep a little bit before finally getting up.

Today I'm going to yoga at 10:15 then pick my friend up to take her to therapy at 1:30. While she's there I'm going to go into Planet Fitness and get a feel for the machines and figure out a plan. I like their treadmills, easy to pop back and forth between intervals that I like to do. So...I'll be hitting two gyms today!

This week I'm eating to "hack" my LDL cholesterol number for a blood test. My Dr. is making me have this 6 month interval blood test because he feels my LDL is too high. I read that if you eat high fat for the 3 days prior to a blood test, you can make your LDL number a bit lower. I'm just trying it....can't hurt. I already told the Dr. that I WILL NOT take statins. My HDL and Trig. numbers are fabulous, so I'm not worried, but I know he'll argue with me. I can't make him understand that the numbers mean something different for a person who is fat adapted and not eating carbs.

Jaz......so glad you had fun yesterday. I loved the pictures you shared. I hope this is an easier week at work. You had a rough one last week!

Nic.....nice of you to help the lady from the local Buy Nothing group. It sounds like she is in over her head. Good idea to tell her you will do it on a trial basis before committing to more.

Trig......how's your weather looking for this week? I think we're supposed to be warmer than usual. I'll take it...even if "warm" means the 40's.

Blue....can't wait for a weekend report. Hope you had a great time!

I'll check in later. Happy Monday!
  #194   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-20, 07:17

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all! It's the start to another week!

Jaz- I always buy our crab in a can. Well, sort of a jar-container thing. I get Jumbo Lump, Phillips brand, from Costco. It is expensive but so good.

Sounds like you had a really nice time with your friend exploring and enjoying. Good stuff! Do you think you will spend more time with her?

Your meatballs sound delicious. No binder though? I do egg and pork rinds (ground up) in mine with a bit of parmesan.

The Buy Nothing group is a nationwide and beyond thing. Just neighbors sharing items, giving things away, asking for what they need. A great idea, really. I ended up not helping at this juncture- more on that below.

Lori- great idea to use your waiting time for your friend to get a work out in. Good thinking and convenient too!

ACK on the snake! We had one in our basement family room a couple of years ago. DD and SoIL got it out for me.

Thank you for the pancake recipe. I am going to try it today!

Trig- Hope you feel well on this Monday. Sun is shining here. Hopefully where you are too!

Blue- Miss you chick! Hope you are feeling better and recovering from your time with your friend.

••••••••••

So about the Buy Nothing group- I did talk to the person in charge of our group and told her I'd be willing to help on a trial basis, but that I have a lot coming up travel-wise and otherwise. She said she had a few other people to ask, which I was thrilled with. I was willing to help but am also not looking to add more to my plate, you know?

Dh came home safely yesterday afternoon and we went out on a dinner date to Outback Steakhouse. Nice to have a chance to catch up. Then from there we walked over to the market and I picked up a pint of the new Enlightened Low Carb (1g/serving) ice cream. It is pretty tasty! I didn't have much, maybe a sixth or less of the pint. I got the peanut butter fudge.

I've started watching season two of Shrill on Hulu. Such short episodes, only about 24 minutes each. I really enjoyed season one. So far season two is good but not as good as season one. I also recently watched season two of Zumbo's Just Desserts on Netflix. I enjoyed that too although not the ending. No spoilers though!

Agenda today: clean DS18's room and bathroom, a bit of decluttering, going to the store. I want to make my cheeseburger soup to have on hand and for tonight, chicken enchiladas. I may either take a walk or go to the gym too. I am feeling restless so I may as well put that feeling to use!

Oh! Re: DS21 Apartment- this is at college for his spring semester. He is in a suite with three others. He is in a full bed this time instead of a twin.

Jaz et cal- Yes, VERY sad news about Kobe Bryant and his 13 year old daughter. I can't imagine what his wife and other children are going through. And of course, all the other passengers and their families as well. Just because they aren't famous doesn't mean their loved ones don't matter. We never know the days we have ahead.

Hugs to all!
  #195   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-20, 07:29

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco up at 2:45 and you refused and furious LOL omg too funny but I understand that!

you know the drill on how to lose, what to do as we all do, without going rogue into starve mode and crazy with hair loss and more. Yea I had some hair loss also and thankfully that crap is over for me also!!!

pork at IKEA? huh?

I remember Woolworths diner counter. Mom would shop and we would be eating toasted cheese and shakes. Thanks mom, for both ends of that food HAHA Delish and happy kids, crap food to eat HAHA but we kids loved it.

Lori a snake. Dispatched? omg I would have bagged him and set him free. We had troubles with the 4 ft black racers around here. gardening and going to put a hand spade into the ground to plant posies and SNAKE. big sucker. bagged and put out in the back branch behind the barn to live another day, eat mice and more. But I get ya, in the house! I hate critters in the house. I am NOW after 1 rouge little mouse. At around 4 am I was peeing and a little mouse came out of hubby's closet, did the 'where am I dance in the light' and I was like, CRAP!!! and disappeared into the vanity. I got glue traps everywhere now, that basta… is going down. I hate the few winter mice that get in. Target for me. When I get him I will tell ya LOL

glad you are enjoying Planet F!

Jaz yea down time is sweet. we all love it. people must be truly 'passionate' in some wired way to love love love their work. not just people who choose a profession, some love being a cashier at whatever and love their job. A whatever at some place and love working. Social thing and more? who knows but they love it. Me I did bouts of it in a way, loved some jobs and hate others but in the end, total freedom of my day trumps all, work or no work as I see fit LOL being older now gives me that, you young'in you. You still have to put in your time but with travel gigs you got adventure and change and that is so cool!

HI BLUE!!!

All good here
thinking alot of seafood today. I got shrimp and crab with of course a small ribeye in there at some point LOL

mind on taco. That taste of taco seasoning. while not great I might do a lb. of hamburger with taco seasoning and space it thru a few days to get that taste I want out of my system and it will....taco is wanted every now and then for taste, not wanted longer term for me LOL

all good and hope all you are well