Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 22:14
Registered Member

Plan: IF with LC
Stats: 245/217/160 Female 6'
BF:
Progress: 33%

You are, too, Magic. Way to go. I remember that third week was a hard one for me, so good for you for making it past it.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-09, 13:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

I noticed today when i went shopping that i was able to walk and walk and walk, without losing my breath! Also, I normal couldn't "sing" to the radio, I'd run outta air trying to sing and have an asthma attack. Well, while i don't like the sound of my own voice, i sang non-stop to the radio this morning. lol.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Dec-24-09, 16:08

This stinks..I want to smoke or eat. Its the stress of the holiday season I guess? Been eating way to many nuts, and popcorn, to help curb the craving.
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Jan-22-10, 18:59

I'm still kicking-i have not had one cigarette since Oct. 8th and the cravings are almost gone except at odd times while driving or stress, ok all the time. lol.
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 15:51

Plan: Modified Low-Carb
Stats: 155/148/142 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:28%/23.6%/18%
Progress: 46%

I love the fact that I can breathe better. I hauled wood for six hours on Saturday and actually never really got out of breath. It was great. My skin color has improved too. I don't look gray. I actually have pink tones. Amazing. Hang in there mainecyn. If I can do it after 19 years, you can too!
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 18:29
What a good girl!!!

Plan: my own
Stats: 195.8/165.0/138 Female 62.5 inches
BF:Getting Rid of IT!
Progress: 53%

Cyn and Magic ROCK!!!! I am so glad for both of you. I went to a party on Saturday and my aunt smokes. She asked me to go outside with her to keep her company. I did and didn't even care. It stopped making me so sick to smell it. Now it is just an eye irritant. but not a big deal. Just don't care. I am working out so much more now. I even got the Wii and I my Dh doesn't know it yet but I am going to kick his butt again in boxing. lol.

congratulations to both of you. You should be darn proud!!!! So worth it!!

Lisa
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-11, 14:36

Still smoke free-not a single cheat
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-11, 14:41

Stats: 320/292/190 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

Congrats on quitting. It has been 10 years for me and it was the best thing I ever did. Stick with it and take it one day at a time. I'm pulling for you.
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-11, 21:21

Plan: General
Stats: 228/200/140 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress:

No shame in asking your dr for help to quit. I do not know if I could do it all on my own by sheer willpower. I take Zyban and use patches. Along with being motivated and WANTING to be smoke free, they are helping me. Good luck to you! You CAN do it!
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-11, 13:14
What a good girl!!!

Plan: my own
Stats: 195.8/165.0/138 Female 62.5 inches
BF:Getting Rid of IT!
Progress: 53%

Good luck to all who quit smoking and are doing it the willpower way or with gums, patches, etc. If at any time you feel the need to smoke again, there is a book that will make you never want to smoke again ever. I don't work PR for them but I should. Nothing has ever helped me with anything like this in my life. I believe Allen Carr saved my life with The Easyway to Quit Smoking. You can even get it at your library or order it online. There are sooooo many reviews on it. I never have to live my life one day at a time. I know I will never smoke again as long as I live. I only state this here because I feel I should "pay it forward." I feel like my life was saved after over 20 years of smoking. I want that for others too. I am trying to find as many places to put this information as possible.