Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-10, 16:36

Plan: my plan
Stats: 162.5/148/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 83%

For years I hurt my back in two different places and it never seemed to heal. I would go to the doctor and get muscle relaxers and painkillers every 3-4 months or so. If I take fish oil this just doesn't happen. If I do hurt my back in one of those spots, it is nothing compared to before and heals really quickly. If I quit taking my fish oil for a week or longer, I am almost guaranteed to end up at the doctors office with a hurt back.

I thought I discovered something but it turns out when I googled "fish oil and back pain," there were tons of hits.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-10, 07:51

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Thanks for the Vit D info; put both DH and myself on it several months ago because we live in a northern climate and tend to hole up most of the time.

But the past few weeks I've been absolutely bombarded with D info, and have upped our dosages quite a bit. Now, I'm gonna do it again.

Saw a decrease in colds and an increase in good mood, too. Then started buckling down on the Atkins and cut out ALL grains, and I'm positively giddy.

Other supplements I notice when I take/don't take:

CLA - been pretty consistent with it as a metabolic help, and source of fat

Milk Thistle - DH becoming quite the herbalist, feel more perky with it

B Complex - while I eat a lot of meat, B is water soluble and durn cheap, and since it does wonders for hangovers, I decided to just take it (not that I drink a lot, or even often. But once in a while I will have an evening at home. The dramatic improvement of the next morning made an impression.)
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-10, 09:59

Plan: lacto-ovo moderate carb
Stats: 163/147/141 Female 5 ft 5 "
BF:
Progress: 73%

Yeah, D seems to help with immunity. Somehow I expected it to help more with mom's diabetes ...

Dad is fine too, tuberculosis all but gone, has gained 9 kgs, is up and about again ... I had him on 10,000 IU for 2 months when he was first diagnosed with hepatic TB. He was on antibiotics too (tons of them), but I do feel the Vit D3 helped. He is on 5000 IU now.