Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-15, 13:13

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default 80+ lbs lost!?

I've been at this for 3 years now, eating VLC and pretty much eating the same food every day, with a ton of food allergies and an aversion to eating meat or fish that made this WOE a challenge for me.

I was at a TOPS meeting today, the only one there losing every single week, and listened to them talk about how everything about the Low Carb diet is wrong, low fat is the best, etc...

My first year I lost 58 lbs on LC/HF, then I took a year off to feel sorry for myself - my slip started with a bowl of ice cream - which did me in! I was off on a year long binge - and gained back 24 pounds.

So a year ago today, I found my determination again. I do not cheat, I do not take days off - and have lost almost 47 lbs. I started 3 years ago at 246.8, today I am 166.4! I know I will reach my goal this year - which will be over 100 lbs lost!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-15, 13:56

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Congratulations! Way to go!

Just curious, what DO you eat?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-15, 17:29

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

we all know you will reach 100 pound loss too! Congrats on the amazing loss so far. You have the determination and right information.
Curious, did you add your views on LC today? though I understand you are outnumbered, it was almost as though that "discussion" was a passive-aggressive comment on your success.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-15, 19:49
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Catherine

You have been a rock ever since I found this forum. I know you've had a harder road with this WOE than I have, yet there you are - week after week - making progress. You are one of my LC hero's. I hope you keep on proving your dieting partners wrong and reach your goal this year "doing it all wrong".

But what is with that journal title? I keep going there expecting to find a whiny pitty party for someone struggling with this WOE and all I see is success after success after success. I think the DVD is in the wrong case on this one.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-15, 20:09

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Happy Anniversary! I think I will be taking a better look at your journal!

Congrats on the big losses. You need one of those T-shirts that says "I'm Actually Pretty Amazing"!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-15, 20:20

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

Congratulatons Catherine on your tremendous success.

You are an inspiration to those of us who are still struggling and tweaking.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-15, 13:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 258/222.8/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Congratulations!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-15, 08:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojolissa
Congratulations! Way to go!
Just curious, what DO you eat?

Thanks Mojolissa! I did a lot of testing to find foods I was able and willing to eat long-term. I can force myself to eat anything I am not allergic to, but I can't maintain it. So this is basically what I came up with...

Breakfast: 2 large eggs, fried in olive oil
1 slice deli ham fried
coffee with heavy whipping cream (HWC)
water

Lunch: Flaxseed bread (just ground flax + water), Wow butter (soy nut butter), spread with lots of butter.
High Fat/High Protein Jello (homemade gelatin with green/peppermint tea, butter, coconut oil, bulk gelatin, HWC and sweetener-free protein powder)
Chicken broth with tbsp bulk gelatin

Snack: gluten-free pepperoni stick
Water

Dinner: 2 large eggs scrambled
2 strips bacon
Water

Snack: 1 square 90% Lindt dark chocolate
coffee with HWC
water
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-15, 08:22

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

I'm not sure why I missed your initial post weeks ago, but I did. That's awesome! a milestone to be proud of, for sure. Congratulations on reaching it!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-15, 11:46

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
we all know you will reach 100 pound loss too! Congrats on the amazing loss so far. You have the determination and right information.
Curious, did you add your views on LC today? though I understand you are outnumbered, it was almost as though that "discussion" was a passive-aggressive comment on your success.

Thanks! I remember those early days, never believing that I would make it this far, struggling to find foods I could eat, and trying not to focus on the 100 lbs I needed to lose, but just the next 5 lbs!

No, I rarely say anything. I am not there to change their minds, I only joined to give myself the push to lose those last 20 lbs. I heard it gets harder the closer you are to goal, so I thought this might be helpful. The weekly dues are only $2, but I have been earning free weeks (due to my weight loss) so often I rarely have to pay - and I LOVE free!!

But I did send the Butter Makes My Pants Fall Down video to a few of them because we are supposed to send helpful posts to each other - my little "sneak attack"!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-15, 22:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
You have been a rock ever since I found this forum. I know you've had a harder road with this WOE than I have, yet there you are - week after week - making progress. You are one of my LC hero's. I hope you keep on proving your dieting partners wrong and reach your goal this year "doing it all wrong".

Thanks so much! I am shocked to be someone's hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
But what is with that journal title? I keep going there expecting to find a whiny pitty party for someone struggling with this WOE and all I see is success after success after success. I think the DVD is in the wrong case on this one.

The title is a reminder for me - I took a whole year off, feeling sorry for myself, that I couldn't eat like everyone else. That I couldn't have treats, that I had to struggle. And I gained back 25 lbs. as a result.

So I had to stop feeling sorry for myself, and find a way to enjoy what I could eat, and lose the weight I wanted to.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-15, 13:32

BF:

I have always hated getting my picture taken, and I have a stupid look on my face in both pics - but when I saw this recent pic, I had to go back and compare! Being brave to share them... but WOW!!

#13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-15, 21:20

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

That is fantastic that you've done so well, with all your dietary limitations! Thanks for being brave and posting the pictures. I hope soon you will take one that you are happy (and proud) to have taken, with a big smile!