Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-11, 13:23
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I've been really, really steady. I went down almost a pound after starting P3 then kind of bobbling around up and down little bits. This is the closest I've come to being +2 pounds since P2 ended.

I've actually been VERY surprised at how steady I've been. But really, I've only had one day where I ate more than 1500 calories. I've been so ultra-careful and I'm being cautious about introducing foods. I'd like to try some paleo-ish baked goods, but I'm scared to do that when I'm up almost 2 pounds.

What does LDW mean? Last daily weight in P2?
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-11, 13:25

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

LDW= last dose weight, my weight on the morning of my last dose of drops.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-11, 13:35
Experimenter

BF:

Ah! Great thanks. So my LDW was 166.6. So today I am up exactly 2 pounds. Bleh... I think I'll just be a bit more careful, but not try to do a correction yet. Yes, it could be all that asparagus or eating 3 fruits yesterday. I should get some pate or something to eat when my calories are too low.

I've average 1426 calories a day for the last week. But I was only gradually increasing. It should go up next week. My BMR is supposed to be 1750... heh... we shall see.
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-11, 17:04
Experimenter

BF:

Okay... my P3-P4 schedule of 6 weeks of maint. is up mid march, but I have a 3 day convention starting on 4/1. So I might add 2 more weeks on P4 and then load at the convention.

The other option is to start before my full 6 weeks are up. But I think maybe extending maintenance might be better, especially since I could end up eating off-plan during those 3 days.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-11, 21:07

Plan: hcg
Stats: 192/142/138 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Nancy, it could be too few calories as well. I've also had trouble getting my calories up, today I added in an entire avocado and some macadamia nuts in addition to my normal food and that bumped me to about 1700.

have you figured out what your bmr is?
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-11, 10:01
Experimenter

BF:

Supposedly my BMR is 1440*1.2 (sedentary) but I think that's too high. I usually ate around 1500 when I maintained well.

I am trying to increase my calories too.

One thing I'm noticing is that my blood sugar is getting pretty high, even having 5 oz of strawberries. I'm wondering if I should go on Metformin.
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-11, 11:10
Experimenter

BF:

Okay, I ate a whopping 1700 calories yesterday. I weighed myself before bed, like I often do just to see what tomorrow's weight would be like... and I near pissed myself. It was 171.x. I'm usually 169.x. So I was very, very scared to step on the scale this morning. However, there was nothing to fear. I weighed my normal... almost +2 pounds up from LDW.

Phew!

I will try to get in 1700 calories again today.
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-11, 12:19

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hello, all!

Just marking a subscription to this thread so I can start posting here on Monday when I start upping my calories.

I hit 170.8 two days ago, so of course I had two days of minor gains. So by tomorrow or Monday at the latest, I should have my LDW (lowest dosage weight). With any luck, it will be closer to 170 than to 171, and 170 was my goal for this first round.
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-11, 19:24
Experimenter

BF:

Well, you're within 2 pounds of me now! Yay! I hope you have as easy a time of stabilizing as I have so far. I've been very cautious about adding foods. I suppose I might try coconut flour soon.
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 09:19

BF:

Yes, close to you, but have SURPASSED MY OWN GOAL!!!!!! I beat my goal for this round by 0.2 pounds this morning!!!
So today I did all my drops first thing, and it will be a solid P2 day. Tomorrow I add 250 calories, and another the next day, etc. until I get to around 1800 calories. Then I see what my body is doing.

I'm a little nervous about hunger without the crutch of hcg being there.

I also wonder what I should get from the grocery store. I bought eggs the other day, and I have tons of Irish butter. I'll get heavy cream, too. I'm not sure how long before I can start increasing the amount of protein I'm getting. I've asked over in HTA.

Any other ideas for food? I'll definitely start cooking my meats in lovely bacon fat instead of chicken broth!
  #71   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 09:46
Experimenter

BF:

So you're staying on the drops and increasing calories? I didn't do it until I stopped the injections. Or are you stopping the drops tomorrow?

I am at > +2ldw today. Not sure why... I didn't eat all that much yesterday. So I guess today is an egg, steak or some sort of correction day. Such a pity, I made some more peperonata yesterday.
  #72   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 10:04

BF:

They told me over on HTA to do this:

Today: All drops in the morning, regular P2 day

Monday: No more drops, raise to 750 calories by adding just fats (no nuts or cheese)

Tuesday: Raise to 1000 calories by adding just fats

Wednesday: Raise to 1250 by adding just fats; this will officiallly be the first day of Phase 3
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 10:40
Experimenter

BF:

That's close to what I did, except a bit slower. I did add more protein though early on, the rest was fats.

I've added just a tiny bit of cheese. Grated romano. I'm kind of wondering if that might be responsible for my gain. I should probably give it a miss for a few days.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 11:23

BF:

But now I'm starting to think about how carbs have always affected me in the past. If I eat even 20 carbs of veggies, I get terribly constipated. It's only when I virtually cut them out completely that I get "normal" again. Tomorrow, when Biz is back in Boot Camp, I'm going to ask her about doing a more carnivore P3 and see what she says. They all seem to be terribly supportive of anything you want to try, and I gotta think she's encountered carnivores before . . .
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 11:25

Plan: hcg
Stats: 192/142/138 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
That's close to what I did, except a bit slower. I did add more protein though early on, the rest was fats.

I've added just a tiny bit of cheese. Grated romano. I'm kind of wondering if that might be responsible for my gain. I should probably give it a miss for a few days.

if the romano was made of cow's milk maybe you reacted to it?? I'm trying very hard to stay away from any contact with cow dairy but sheep seems to be fine, goat is a bit in between