Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 21:08

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I have much respect for my WF. They have an incredible meat department. They sell excellent milk, cream, cheeses. They even carry some raw dairy, coconut oil/flour/milk, produce. Low carb is easy to do there if you have the cash.

I've started a LC support group there. I use WF products only so that people understand that WFs is very LC friendly.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 21:29

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
I have much respect for my WF. They have an incredible meat department. They sell excellent milk, cream, cheeses. They even carry some raw dairy, coconut oil/flour/milk, produce. Low carb is easy to do there if you have the cash.

I've started a LC support group there. I use WF products only so that people understand that WFs is very LC friendly.

That;s super-cool. That is one good thing about WF - it can be used as a community meeting place.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-10, 07:28

Plan: AK
Stats: 155/147/145 Male 5'7 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Hi, Everyone has a point and I'm hearing you all ! For me I think that ALL WF and ORG.is a rip off and I will not, I will not support any of them as I refuse to feed them my money for doing farming of vegetables and animals the right way. And I did say the right way.at a cost of nearly 3 times the money for doing something right, they are the real rip offs . Thank you for reading this and try to remember that this is my opinion.
Ron*
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-10, 15:52

Plan: Paleo/Organic Fat Flush
Stats: 193/176/145 Female 5'4.5"
BF:42/31/24
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by angorabbit
Shopping at WF for "grass fed beef" doesn't mean anything. According to the USDA grass fed beef can be fed from stockpiled resources that can and may contain a significant amount of grain.

The WF in my area have the farm where the grass fed meats originated, and flyers that describe the farms and techniques. Most of the meat is from VT, NH, or MA, so therefore local.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-10, 12:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/181/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Wow. I had the pleasure of working for John Mackey and he's one of my heroes. He's a little weird, he's got some weird ideas about food, he's a vegitarian, but as far as a company that you have free will to decide if you want to shop there, it's pretty awesome. While I worked there, he also had a cap on his own salary, but even if he didn't, who cares? If you don't like his high profit margin, don't shop there, but there is nothing unfair or cruel about it. He pays more than fair wages and his employees take these democratic votes on their own benefits and wages. He offers, in my opinion, overpriced goods, but the people who shop there are more than happy to pay, and it's lining the pockets of a lot of unskilled workers who, but for WF, would probably be a lot poorer. What's everybody's problem with Whole Foods?
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-10, 18:17

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I truly feel that if we are going to have any control in the grocery stores we must shop there. We must be vocal about what we want even if we must pay more for it. Whole foods is suposedly pro-vegetarian/vegan. If this were true why so much meat. I have been having low carb support meetings once a month at Whole Foods. They say that I am one of their best advertizers. The reality is, they are in the business for the sake of business. WF's could not exist without its customers and we need to stay visible. I was "shopping" in there today just to show what low carb shopping cart looks like...cream, butter, veggies and a very nice pork roast. I spent way to much money but I spent it well. I usually shop at the pricier stores once a month once all the bills have been paid. I do that instead of buying clothes.