Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-07, 19:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 335/245/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Can someone figure out how many carbs are in the 3 minute chocolate cake when I substitute ground flax for the almond meal? I know flax basically equals 0 when you take the fiber and minus the carbs. I still love this cake and add walden farms choc. syrup 0 carb 0 calories to the mix sub. it for the water.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-07, 20:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevsmama
Can someone figure out how many carbs are in the 3 minute chocolate cake when I substitute ground flax for the almond meal? I know flax basically equals 0 when you take the fiber and minus the carbs. I still love this cake and add walden farms choc. syrup 0 carb 0 calories to the mix sub. it for the water.

Well, if you don't count flaxseed, then just subtract the total for the almond meal from your whole recipe.

#78   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-08, 21:27

Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

wow - finally tried this recipe as posted (no DaVinci yet though - haven't had any in years; must order more) and was surprised - didn't that little sucker just shrink up like a cake in the cup?

very mild, not too sweet at all (I prefer it that way), sort of like a sponge or coffee cake. only ate half, will baggie up the other half and see how it keeps in my fridge.

can't wait to try out the variations!
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-08, 14:22

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I've made this quite a bit and it's really a Godsend. Tweaked it a little....
Instead of water I add a Tbsp. of Sour cream...and I only add a single teaspoon of Splenda...because I find it gets bitter otherwise. When the cake comes out of the microwave, I take a spoon and sprinkle some more Splenda on top...like icing sugar. It gives just the right amount of sweetness for me.

If I am feeling "fancy" I will take a small square of Lindt 85% chocolate and poke it into the middle of the dough before nuking...so it comes out like a lava cake.

I had to stop buying ground almonds in bulk because I think it wasn't helping my stall...(and I have no control...if the nuts are in the house, I'll make the cake)...so for now this will have to be a "special occasion" or a PMS thing.
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-08, 01:17
Registered Member

Plan: homegrown
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 68
BF:
Progress:

I do it with half almond meal and half flax meal and nuke it in a coffee mug. I also like floating a square of 85% Lindt in it.

I usually leave the cocoa out if I'm adding DaVinci syrup... that makes it taste more like a muffin.

You can also leave sweetener as well as cocoa out, and add herbs and garlic for a savory muffin.
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-08, 05:03
Registered Member

Stats: 189/189/146 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybee
Tried this yesterday and it was quick and quite good ...

1/4 cup almond flour ( I only had ground almonds, so used that)
1T Cocoa powder
1/4 t baking powder
4-5 packets Splenda

2T melted butter
1T water, or SF syrup ( I used DaVinci choc)
1 egg

In a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup, mix all the dry ingredients. Mix the melted butter with the egg and the SF syrup ~ add to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap ... make small slit in wrap, with a knife to vent. Microwave on high for about 1 minute, 10 sec. Adjust as needed for your micro. When it comes out it looks a bit wet, but drys as it cools. ( I do not have a two cup measure, so I pit it in two little glass bowls, and it worked fine)

You can eat warm like a custard with whipped cream ( I added a few diced strawberries) or let it cool completely and frost with low carb icing of your choice.

Hope I am not repeating something already posted, but I can't recall ever seeing it here. Hope you enjoy it.

Oh my goodness this is to die for, I think mine was a little dryer, but has come out like a pudding, would be gorgeous with cream on ...toddles off to shop for cream.....
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-08, 21:12

Plan: Controlling the Carbs
Stats: 282/197.5/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 64%

just subcribing this looks pretty good
  #83   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-08, 22:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/148/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

There are a lot of pages to read, so I am jut going to ask............what is the conversion of 1 pack of Splenda to the loose splenda?
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-08, 22:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

1 packet of Splenda is equivalent to 2 Tsp of granular Splenda.

By the way, there is great stuff about sweeteners/conversions in the Kitchen Talk forum here in the Kitchen, see the FAQ Frequently Asked Questions stickied to the top of the forum.

Stuff like this is about all kinds of recipes and foods, not specific to one recipe...

Hope this helps.

#85   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 11:27

Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

he,he,he! i am going to have to try this again later. i just got done making this and i thought how gross the taste was, then i went to read the recipe again and i forgot to put the egg in my cake. sue
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 18:56

Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

i tried the recipe again. it smelled good. i did not forget the egg this time. i ate it but i really did not like it. i might try it again and use a chocolate suger free syrup this time. i did not have any in the house. sue