Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 09:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 298/290/180
BF:
Progress: 7%
Exclamation In Search Of Buddies

I am new to the forum and would like to meet people. I have been struggling to stay on low carb for a few years now. I am looking for ideas on how to stick with it when temptation strikes. Especially on Friday mornings at work when people bring donuts.... I get so tired of the same old things to eat. I would like to get some ideas on meals that both my son and I can enjoy. Right now, he eats what he is hungry for and I have a hamburger patty w/cheese, buffalo wings, or just cheese. I go out to eat a lot with friends and family and it seems the only thing I can ever find is either buffalo wings, hamburger patties, or steak. That gets really boring! I can't stand the thought of any of it!!! HELP!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 09:51
Registered Member

Stats: 227/189/168
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hi Nicole,

There is just so much more out there that you can eat! Have you taken a look at the recipe section? There is crustless pizza and quiche, omlettes (such variety there), where are your veggies? Add some salads to the mix. If you like chicken there are a thousand things you can do with it! Have you tried fajitas without the tortilla? Magnificent! Spend a little time each week looking at recipes and planning out the weekly menu. Often you will find yourself excited about something new you are going to try and that helps you stay motivated......at least it does me. Now I am not going to say that I have never gotten bored, but usually that stems from me being to lazy to cook rather than a lack of variety to eat! I would also recommend that you start a journal. That is the best way to get support and encouragment....Good Luck to you.

Later,
Minerva
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 10:03

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%
Cool Hi again

Well geeeeez girl I just got done welcoming you and now I find you over here
I'm not into Atkins but I know that it allows more than what you listed as foods you're eating.
You really need to pick up on the veggies
The sweet site is a good place to go if you're having a cow over sugar.
You'll find your cravings for bad stuff lessening after you stick with the LC-ing for a while. I was a HUGE carb addict and sugar was a HUGE problem too. Couldn't start my day unless I had my a.m. cookie or donut
I have the same problem at work....lots of treats everywhere
all day
Get to the sweet treat site and bring in your own.
Maybe your son can pick out what he'd like to try too AND help make 'em
enjoy!
greentea
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 21:15
Registered Member

BF:

Minerva & Greentea,

Thank you both for your advice. I will definately check out the recipes. Usually I am in a hurry and am looking for something to grab quick. I don't like chicken much, but I love shrimp so am going to get some of that and see what recipes I can find.

Thanks again for the advice.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 21:27
Registered Member

Plan: ##
Stats: ##/##/##
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hey MarieA - I would love to be your buddy! It sounds as though we have alot in common - hmmmmm weird! And we are the same age - bet we even went to high school together - could it be???
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 18:40
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks treiser! I would love to be your buddy. I think we did go to hs together, could it be? I may have even been in your wedding. How weird!!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 07:16
Registered Member

Plan: ##
Stats: ##/##/##
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hey Colie - just got home from work- so what am I doing on the computer?? haven't figured that out yet! I had the night from hell, but I made it through - without carbs even! So I will write later, just thought I would stop and say HI