Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 19:23

Plan: Dr. Atkins' NDR
Stats: 267/255/140 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:not a clue
Progress: 9%
Arrow Looking for Buddy that needs to loose 100+ lbs., like me...

Greetings!

I'd like to find a buddy who also needs to loose over 100 lbs. I think it would be very, very helpful to have someone that I am accountable to call on at weak momments. And of course, I'll be there for you too.

I'll be starting Atkins on Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2002
I can be contacted anytime durring work hours (EST) by e-mail for support (of course I can't always reply right away, hope you'll understand)
I'm 29 years old, a single mother of a fantastic 13 year old boy, Steven, I work as an Administrative Assistant in Richmond, VA.
I'm very excited about my new LC lifestyle change!

Please let me know if anyone is interested.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 07:53

Anyone???
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 10:56

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I like having buddies, and I like having someone who does low carb too to blab at (I drive my everyone nuts talking about it, so I try not to so much). I can offer advice and support, and sometimes I need it when I get neurotic. I had a buddy, but she's never on anymore, so now I have no one to share notes with. I also mostly log on from work. I have been doing induction for a while now. I have lost a good amount of weight so far, but I still have a ways to go. Let me know how induction is going for you
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 15:01

Default YEA, someone replied!!!

Hi DarkLotus!!

I'm so glad I finally got a catch! I know what you mean, I think my friends are starting to get sick of it too, I can tell by that blank stare as I start talking about what I ate.

Well, lucky for me your buddy hasn't been on, I also need support and just someone to chat with, I'm more than happy to hear about your neurotic times, makes me feel like I'm not alone!

WOW, I checked out your profile and all I have to say is "WAY TO GO!!!" Congratulations on your fantastic weightloss!! It is so encouraging to see someone really make such progress on this program! I have been a little worried, I've been lurking these boards for about 2 weeks and have noticed alot of people that start, do real good at first, then they never post again. I'm glad to hear of a real live person doing so good.

I'm in day 3 of induction, at first I thougt I could never get through induction but now I think I want to stay here for a while, it's really not that bad. Yesterday and today I feel like I'm trying to find carbs because I'm not at 20! I never thought I could last without bread and pastas, but now I see it's a piece of steak!!! I weighed in this morning (I know I shouldn't have) and lost 4 whopping pounds!!!! I'm so thrilled.

OK, I'm not sure how the buddy thing works, do we just keep this thread going or do we swap e-mails?

PS - I replied to someone in introductions and suggested being buddies (this was before I got your message) and she agreed, maybe we could make it a threesome? The more the merrier!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 15:09

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

4 pounds! Wow, way to go!!! No headaches yet??? Lucky you! I had terrible headaches during the first week. I am glad induction is going smotthly for you. This board is wonderful if you need an answer to a question, but unfortunately, I've had bad luck finding people to share triumphs and screw ups with so far. I think having two buddies is even better, I agree the more the merrier! We can post in this thread and in each others journals too. ttyl!