Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 09:11

Plan: low carb
Stats: 196/172/140
BF:
Progress: 43%
Post Looking for Buddies

Hello everyone I'm looking for some buddies to help me along on my low carb diet...I like looking at the forums and the people that has lost quiet a bit..hope they can help me with what worked for them.. I started a quick weight loss program in March and lost 32 lbs from March till May..it really worked but i was tired of eating everything cooked the same way..had to use certain seasonings and all that...so i thought i would try to watch carbs..I tried the Atkins about 4 years ago and didn't do any good on it..i have to have a few carbs and Atkins didn't want and at the beginning...I felt terrible on it..I hear the Protein Power is easier...think watching the carbs will work without trying to get 0 carbs? I would appreciate all feedbacks...I need buddies
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 21:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/212/140
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default yuo can have carbs

Hi There!

Actually Atkins says at least 20 Carbs. Which mean salad and some cream in you decaf coffee etc.

I am just new at this too. I am a very busy working mom and wife and need things less complicated. So far I found this is working. Not only for weight loss but I have much more energy!

I tried a new thing this week and made up a grocery list for the week of meals. Then I went shopping. Oh yeah before I made the list up I went through lots of the low carb recipe site and took off the required amount of recipes I needed for the week. There actually is some very good sounding ones. I will let you know.

Getting back to the carb thing, Atkins only requires you to do the induction for 2 weeks at 29 Carbs then you can adjust your carbs accordingly.

Hope this helps
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 22:02

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%

dj,
Have you looked on the home page for the different plans?
I'm sure something there will meet your needs.
I do a little mixing but basic plan is the Go-diet. Just seems the
best for me and its working.
greentea