Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 08:14
Registered Member

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 250/243.8/121
BF:
Progress: 5%
Question Swollen feet and fingers

Hi all, I'm pretty new to this board but there's so much great info here I'm hoping someone can help.

I started suffering from swollen feet and inner knee whilst on a LF programme about 2 years or 3 ago. LCing had really helped but this time round (restarted) its taking longer to go and I'm wondering if perhaps its the hot weather that causes it. I had started to think i might suffer from fibromyalgia (sp?) but on reading this forum I realise that it cannot be so as winter time seems to be better for me, plus no pain except some burning on the tops of my feet just before I re-began this WOE (gone now but not the main pt of the swelling). I do however get neuralgic pains (I think they're that anyway probly brought on by being very overweight plus age.

My question is, given these clues, would you say it sounds abit like Fibromyalgia or am I just simply retaining water?

Apologies if I'm coming across real thick but I don't know much at all really re ailments. I'm not on any medication BTW.

I've booked an appt with my doctor in a couple of weeks time. I also suffer from minor kidney probs and wonder if water retention and this has a name I could look up for more info.

Hope to hear from you

x
Sponsored Links