Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-07-11, 19:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Depressed about regain -- but it's all my own fault

I was doing really great -- down 9 pounds.

Then for whatever reason, even after someone told me they could see that my face looked slimmer -- I completely lost it for 2 weeks and gained back 5 pounds. Argh!!!!! I am so mad at myself.

I don't even want to change my stats, but they should be 5 pounds higher to be honest.

Why do I always regain after I work so hard to lose it. I'm back on the carb craving band wagon -- keep slipping up and feel miserable about it.

Chocolate candy before bed -- we have a box open and I can't seem to resist it. Picking at my kids carby food when I know I should not be eating it.

I need to stop this immediately.

Was trying to be back on track, but we didn't get to have dinner on time, I was starving, and succombed again to a package of fruit gummy candies. But other than that I've been pretty good today. Maybe I will be back on track, but then there's Mother's day to deal with too.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-07-11, 19:48

Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi Kathy - I have done exactly what you've done so many times I can't even count them. For me, I think I get uncomfortable when someone notices me (especially when I'm losing weight). Not sure why, maybe you feel the same way on some level?

I have no idea...I just wanted to say I understand where you're coming from. I hope you're able to get back on track soon. I let myself gain 35 pounds that I had worked so hard to lose.

What I'm doing differently this time...I am telling myself that I LOVE ME. I am doing this because I LOVE myself. and I am not beating myself up when I make mistakes but I make sure I get right back on the wagon.

Best wishes to you. You'll do it when you're ready.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 09:58

BF:

Thank you for the encouragement Blackstone.

That is great in terms of the positive thinking you are doing. I wish I could say that I love myself. All I ever see in myself are things I need to do better or differently, or wish I could change.

Maybe if I loved myself more, I wouldn't feel like such a failure whenever I eat the wrong food.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 10:21

Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hope you have a great week! It's not always easy to be kind to myself or love me..but that's my goal today!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-28-11, 10:59

Plan: dukan
Stats: 235/216/154 Female 5ft 6inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

A friend once suggested putting washing-up liquid over kids leftovers straight away and then you can't eat them. However, you can't do that to the kid's food still to be eaten. It can be really hard to not have a biscuit or cake or sweets when they are in the house!! I'm resisting by always aving a snack suitable for me in the fridge, like hard-boiled eggs or cold sliced beef. It is so hard though so I have loads of sympathy for you. Keep trying and believing and I'm sure you'll get there when the time is right for you.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-11, 12:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca
A friend once suggested putting washing-up liquid over kids leftovers straight away and then you can't eat them. However, you can't do that to the kid's food still to be eaten. It can be really hard to not have a biscuit or cake or sweets when they are in the house!! I'm resisting by always aving a snack suitable for me in the fridge, like hard-boiled eggs or cold sliced beef. It is so hard though so I have loads of sympathy for you. Keep trying and believing and I'm sure you'll get there when the time is right for you.

Good idea about the soap.
For me, having that high carb sugary food in the house
staring at me makes me so mad I glare back at it
and REFUSE to be its slave!

but...thats me.

Also, I KNOW how sick its going to make me feel.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-11, 16:39

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I find it hard, too, with the carby food around. I have come to the decision that if it is a sure trigger for me, that I won't buy it. I also won't make biscuits, scones, or cookies for them. Danger lurks there for me! Other stuff I don't mind having around too much. And trying not to get too hungry helps, too. I keep cheesesticks and a few other on-plan snacks that help me avoid the quick, carby/sugary stuff that may be around.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-11, 00:31

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by algts
I find it hard, too, with the carby food around. I have come to the decision that if it is a sure trigger for me, that I won't buy it. I also won't make biscuits, scones, or cookies for them. Danger lurks there for me! Other stuff I don't mind having around too much. And trying not to get too hungry helps, too. I keep cheesesticks and a few other on-plan snacks that help me avoid the quick, carby/sugary stuff that may be around.

You are absolutely right, keeping on plan snacks around, its those quick grab things that save my life.
I keep ready cooked chicken liver, steamed chicken breast, tuna, canned clams, muscles, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, full fat cream for my coffee, and lots of sour cream and cream cheese to put on celery. Thank GOD for these foods!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-11, 20:19

BF:

Yes, you are so right. I need to focus on the right snacks to eat and stop nibbling on the wrong ones.

With 3 little kids, my husband seems to have turned into the one who does the food shopping though. He is very anti-Atkins and believes in order to lose weight I need to cut out fat.

In order to get the right snacks, I have to make a second trip to the grocery store to get the appropriate Atkins snacks, but then it becomes an issue with him and he is frustrated that I'm not trying to lose weight his way.

Very difficult to do this in a house where the spouse is the opposite of supportive.

I also feel he is feeding the kids way too many carbs but that's a whole 'nuther thread.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-21-11, 18:09

Plan: turtle style atkins
Stats: 202/166.4/145 Female 63 inches
BF:35.8%/29.5%/25.7%
Progress: 62%

I too find myself a victim of the food items in the house that I keep for the kids. Today I am painfully aware that sugar causes me aches and pains after falling into a big bowl of cake & ice cream for husbands b-day yesterday. I feel like I am 85 years old with severe arthritis.

It has me thinking - WHY AM I FEEDING THIS CRAP TO MY KIDS??? Why should I create a food addicts out of my kids, too???? I have a son that is supposed to be whole grain only for his carbs and high in protein in his diet since he loses so much in his urine, so I KNOW he would benefit from me being a healthier grocery shopper and I KNOW it would be helpful for myself NOT to have this stuff laying around.

I think I will just stop replacing stuff as it runs out - stock up on fruit and cheese, etc for kid snacks.