Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1621   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-21, 05:23

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz......Hope you and dogger had a good night. Sorry to read that he's still not "right". Sounds like you both had fun at the beach though!

Trig....Good plans for Mom over the holidays. I'm sure she appreciates you and your brother.

Nic.....Hope you're having a good week.

------------

I'm feeling a bit down as the time approaches for DH to leave on his hunting trip. I just worry about everything. The long trip he has with DS & DGS and then the hunting itself. Plus, me here with Betty. I just have a bad feeling that something is going to happen while he's gone. I think this anxiety is translating into weight gain for me. I have been eating some crap ever since the weekend, but not enough to gain a pound every day! I really need to get hold of myself. I can tell you right now that today is not the day.

My friend wants to play golf tomorrow as it's supposed to be near 60 degrees. The only problem is I think it's going to rain in the afternoon. I really don't want all my golf stuff to get wet here at the end of the season. I'm just not feeling enthused about anything this week. Blah and blah.

Well, wasn't this a fun post? Sorry for my mood. Hope you all have a sunnier outlook than I do!
Sponsored Links
  #1622   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-21, 08:37

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning and happy Hump day everyone.

Lori- I'm glad you shared about your worry. Better than holding it in! Feel free to talk about it! I wonder if it will help you to get out some paper and write a plan for yourself in advance, if something goes on with Betty. Part of your worry might be in the vein of "what would I do? omg!" which is how my brain goes. If I meet that thought with an action, it helps to calm that voice whirling around in my head, just freaking out.

And about Dh and DGS being gone, hugs. I guess he has been around a lot more since Covid.

I'm working on bringing things back down with my weight too over some indulging in DE. A day at a time! We've been here before!

Jaz- sounds like Ruger is totally loving the beach! I'm sorry his tummy is still bothering him. Bella has snarfed an acorn or whatever (one time Sophie found a peanut in the shell) but they don't seem to have issues from it.

Your grouper dish sounds so good!! I am making a blackened fish tonight for dinner.

CONGRATULATIONS on crossing into ONEDERLAND!! That is really a big deal. Very happy for you!!

Trig- Is your DH not really doing much hunting anymore? Is it bc of the job he is doing or just a lack of interest now or what?

Crab and tenderloin- GIRL. Just BUY IT. You already limit your options food wise and you have the money to buy it. Eat what you love. You are worth it!

Hope your visit with your Mom goes well. No matter how much we love people, they do throw things off when in the home!

••••••••••••••

Dh brought my xmas tree up last night and the boxes of decoration stuff so I will be doing that today. Yay! I am really trying to get the xmas spirit rolling in this house. Being between has interfered with my holiday mojo.

That being said, I've gotten a good bit of the shopping done so that is really helpful. I have the Christmas photo calendar all ready. Usually I wait until after thanksgiving so I can put those pics in but this year I am just going ahead- I'll put the T-day pics into the following year. I am concerned about shipping after black Friday stuff. I also want to get DH a photo mousepad but need to find one that has the gel thing- shutterfly doesn't have that. Then I want to order our xmas cards via Costco. All that today, along with figuring out some stocking stuffers too and then I will get close to the wrapping stage.

Just writing all that sort of makes me happy. I was not feeling the holiday spirit at all and it was bumming me out, but it just came late this year. I was too busy with the house closing and all of that. I really like having a nice holiday season.

Changed things up and am having the kids each get one small thing for each person's stocking. That will include three small things in each of their stockings and hopefully they will have a little fun with it.

I'm also texting with the kids for post x-mas activities. The two things we are planning are the Winter Wonderland in Williamsburg and an all-day arcade thing in a neighboring town. Plus NYE games and crazy dinner.

That's what is going on around here!
  #1623   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-21, 13:20

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good afternoon

Lori- You just come right on in here and post away! Goodness it's doesn't have to be upbeat. Lordy knows I have had my share of gripe sessions in here! Heck I have pulled out that "soapbox" more than all of you put together!

I do understand though the angst of having to "deal" with someone who isn't well. The what if's ............. the good news that most of what we fret over never comes to pass. There is always 911 too!
How long is your hubby going to be gone? Maybe sis could come for a girls weekend or for a few days?
We are always here for ya!

Nic- - I know what you mean about being in the holiday spirit. I go through spurts too! I am DEF not feeling it this year! Are you going to decorate both houses? That seems like alot! I wouldn't worry about your LOVE SHACK!

Seems like you got a HUGE jump start on the gifting, that is half the battle! I have not noticed "supply" issues with anything. I did notice though at Walmart some empty shelves- but for the most part nope.

Trig- hey there!!!!!!!! sorta worried about ya! check in when ya can!
-----------------------------
Woke up late today and been sorta puttering. I think 'everything" has caught up with me and I am just sorta tired today. I half heartedly walked the beach with pooch.
He loves running the beach. I let him just fly- he does not go far. He always looks to make sure I am in sight. then he will race back and it is so funny.

I might hit up the pool to get some sun- 72 here today and sunny, or I might just hang on the patio. HAHAHAHAH

Still just ONEUNDERLAND! I am waiting for another drop. -

Have a great one
  #1624   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-21, 04:45

BF:

Good Morning!

One night down....4 to go. Feeling better today. I was just feeling a bit sorry for myself yesterday...one of those days.

I bailed on playing golf today as I have to be available for Betty. The NP called her yesterday and they want to put a heart monitor on her and they may come today.....they weren't really sure when they would have a monitor available(?). They are messing around with her heart meds and we are not sure why or what's going on. I will see her nurse tomorrow for sure and I want to try to get some clarification on the matter.

I'm getting back on my eating plan today and feel better just being in control. At least I've been keeping up with my workouts each day.

--------

Jaz........How fantastic that you've crossed into ONE-derland! You have really found the zone for weight loss! I'm sure you feel SO much better and it gives you incentive to keep going to your goal. I hope Ruger's tummy trouble has cleared up.

Trig....Where are you girl? Hope all is well.

Nic.....I am in awe of your Xmas planning! You sure make it special for your family and I'm sure they all appreciate it.

I don't decorate or plan much of anything anymore. 4 grandsons who are teenagers and I have no idea what to buy them, so it'll be $$ and/or gift cards and they'll be happy. I'll make up a treasure box for our DD and DDIL with things I've accumulated, but that'll be it for gift giving. I'm not planning to cook any big meals either. I'm hoping we get invited to our son's for T-giving, and our DD likes us to come to her house on Xmas eve and stay overnight. I'd just as soon get up early xmas morning and drive there and then come home a few hours later. It'll depend on how Betty is doing. It's only a bit over an hour's drive to our DD's....so we wouldn't be far away. We'll see. To be honest, I'll be glad when the holidays and all the expectations involved are over and life returns to "normal".

I woke up a bit after 4 and got up at 4:30. Even Gabby was still sleeping! I'm ready for another cup of coffee and we'll go from there. Have good days!
  #1625   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-21, 06:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz put that dog on 1 food
stop the pumpkin and rice BS.....put out fresh chicken breast and pump and rice and see what that dog eats first HAHA

Get a superior dry dog food. Chicken. Feed that only. Then the guts normalize and keep that dog on it for life. Believe me I had to do it with my little dog Once he was on only that all the 'literal crap' got controlled.

Lori, hang in there, you will be fine with Betty but the heart med stuff and changing things around is crazy and scary and all that stuff.

Nicco you are the most involved, just jumping and decorating here and there and have so many pans in the iron and darn girl ya handle it all....love that!

The Chop lost that hunt cabin lease and the group disbanded. Now he is ALL about surf fishing at the beach. He has tried to find more hunt land but not going well so right now he is beach surf fishing focus. I am cool with it

-----------for me blah.
bro greg is thinking mom is more confused and maybe nursing home but hell she is here and doing ok. confused more yes, can still walk to bathroom and still chats fine til confused a bit but damn, at 93 hitting 94 soon.....I still don't think nursing home time is here just yet but I think Greg thinks a bit ahead of what if she forgets how to go to the bathroom or ?? I don't know....alot of talk here and my mood is low. Mom seems ok so far to me but she is changing in confusing and sleeping tons more but eating great and still walking to bathroom so? UGH I don't know.....it all makes me super sad ya know to even think this crap. ugh

yesterday wasn't hungry much
can of tuna
small burger
some salami

tummy is off thru nerves of it all chatting assisted living type crap and out of her house etc.....I am putting me first, I can't handle it HAHA against her needs but I still think she ain't there yet. I don't know....hell I am more confused then her now HA

over and out be good all
  #1626   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-21, 07:29

BF:

I woke up not knowing what time or day it was! I was totally confused to where I even was! I didn't have wine last night either!!!! I guess all that stress of yet another job that bites the dust and another move caught up with me!

Trig- So glad to see a post from you. I hate you are thinking about all this with mom! I will just mention there are services that are designed to keep people home that would give you and bro a break. Also I can't stress enough that older people are prone to UTI and confusion is the FIRST symptom. Keep on top of that. Keep track of her fluids- in and out. Ok- I will put nursing cap away.

I think it's great that hubby more inclined to think beach than land! Yup and yup! I know it's not the right time to be thinking about the beach house right now. Things have a way of working out and all will be ok!

You DO take care of you!!!!!!!! Remember when the plane takes a dive and the oxygen comes out- you need yours first. Eat well, sleep well and breathe!!!!

Lori- Sorry you had to cancel your game! See above for Trig! Take care of you!!!!!
Eat well, and get your rest.

I agree. I am to the point I am so OVER the holidays before they even begin! I start getting "pressured" in July and by the time the holidays roll around I am fit to be tied. Anyway- that is my family drama and it is sad. My kids and mom do not mesh and I see why- but I am in the middle. It really sucks. So ya- the holidays are not always Norman Rockwell.
Ready for Jan- and it over too! Gift cards and Amazon is the ticket for all that.

You should stop by Jackass brewery and get a TO GO order! something to brighten your day!

Nic-- I went back and re-read your post! I need to call you the Christmas elf! You are totally in the Christmas spirit! I need you to sprinkle some in here for us!!!!! HAHAHAHA

How is the sub job coming along? What exactly would you be doing? What grades are you able to teach? Do you need a masters to teach? Is it a public school?
Is your DS19 coming home for winter break?
------------------------------------------------------
Have a slight sore throat this morning and feeling a bit tired. I am hoping it is just the dampness in the air and nothing more. So DAMP here.

There is a golf tourney going on here on the island for the week. RSM golf? Anyway- 2 of the refs are staying in the complex. I have seen people leaving with their clubs yesterday, so they were playing.

Just sorta unwinding from everything. I am going back to the apt. On Sunday to move out officially and put my stuff yet again in a storage locker. I am not taking the couches, I have a taker and will get new. Trust me they have seen their day!
I will then hop in the car and come back here and my son comes the next day. LOT'S of activity.

Just hanging today with no agenda. Have a piece of salmon and will do a quick stir fry veggies and that will be that.

Back at ya later
  #1627   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-21, 18:44

BF:

So it was warm today- something like 72º! It is raining now, but I went out and poop scooped and then sat on the deck and read a book for a while.

Other than that, a fairly quiet day. I was up until almost 1 AM working on a gift for my Dad last night. It is from a company called Storyworth. All year, he has gotten one email a week with a question, either that the company wrote or that I wrote. He has emailed the response to the company (and it also comes to me.) At the end, a book is created. I was going through two decades of photos to cull those with him and then working on inserting them into the book. I haven't finished that yet but my aim is for this to be his birthday gift (along with a copy for me and for my brother.) It is a labor of love but what a keepsake- him telling stories of his life that will be recorded forever. I have a really crappy memory and so this will help to solidify them for me and for my kids.

Haven't made much ground on the stocking stuffers. I'm going to a craft show tomorrow (you guys know how much I love those!) so I will be looking around for some fun small things to put in. I have a few ideas here and there.. one thing I know I will be giving DS23 is some Mike's Hot Honey. He likes that and it is not cheap!

Otherwise all is well. DH went to DE this afternoon and will be back on Saturday night. Oh, and I am doing the Pfizer booster- getting that at 4 on Saturday. I figured it was a good day to do it bc I can feel like crap on Sunday if I need to.

Lori- I hope you are faring well and that Betty is too!
Jaz- Hope Ruger is still doing well. Did you go to the pool today? Are your pals there?
Trig- Oh hon, I feel for you, I really do. There is a good chance that your brother sees more of what is going on with her than you do. My ILs live with my BIL and SIL and they see more than we do- the ILs tend to rally when they see us for a day or two but in the long term it is harder. They have home health people come in and help during the day. Maybe that could be an option?
  #1628   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-21, 06:52

BF:

Sounds like everyone is on their path and doing great and doing their thing we all got to handle in our daily lives

fast post
got to do laundry and dealing with RV packing a bit and going thru the extra work with mom, omg she can eat LOL and this ol' gal hates cooking but damn I feed her good HA

Have to give dog bath today. ran him up for nail cutting at vets, hey for $20 it is worth every penny of me not having to do it.
Stinky dog not coming in rv to beach he will be fresh come hell or highwater today HA

eating is lower. this stress of 'mom issue' and all has thrown me off my game. I HATE CHANGE. I am wrapping head around future and trying to adapt and think it all over ugh I hate parts of life but darn if we ALL don't have to deal.

not sure on food, no focus for my food on me, too much of a pain feeding everyone in the house LOL

all good so far
  #1629   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-21, 07:32

BF:

Good Morning!

Up WAY too early this morning, but woke up and was ready. It took me a while to fall asleep last night and then awake early...long day.

I went up to Betty's at 7AM to open her door as they are coming to draw blood this morning. I made her some toast for breakfast and she's all set until I go back. They are bringing her heart monitor at 11:30, so I'll go up about 11. Then at 12:30 her visiting nurse is coming. What a day. I can tell that she is short of breath. When she talks to me she can only get a couple words out between breaths. They have been changing her meds around and I want to talk to the nurse today about why they did that. I guess the heart monitor will help them get things adjusted.

DH called when they arrived in Illinois at the hunting lodge. He said it is beautiful. May I just say that it should be! ($$$) They are hunting for the next 3 days.

I don't have anything going on today except taking care of Betty. I'm going to go to a local home cooking restaurant and get her some meatloaf today. She'll have meatloaf & mac & cheese for dinner. Her favorite. She has trouble eating meat as her teeth are not good and she can't chew anything very well and tends to swallow big pieces and then it "sticks" in her throat. Not good. Ground meat is the safest. Getting old is not for sissies!

Sun is shining, but it is cold this morning. I did catch a glimpse of the lunar eclipse out my kitchen window this morning when I heard the weatherman talking about it. Exciting, right?

Jaz...It is so cool that the Pro men's golfers are at St. Simon's!

Trig......Have fun dog washing!

Nic....The gift for your Dad sounds so, so awesome. A lot of work, but so special.

------

I need to get my workout in this morning and then get my busy afternoon going. Have a day!
  #1630   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-21, 08:06

BF:

Howdy Ho!

Lori- have a great day today. You are doing a great job with Betty. So kind. I hope your DH has a blast.

Betty does sound kind of worrisome with that shortness of breath. Glad someone will be taking a look.

Trig- Hopefully you will be able to get things packed up pretty easily. What is the departing day? I know you are gone over T day but not sure how many days total.
You are so good to your Mom, fixing up all her food. It is good that she eats well still!

Jaz- hope you and Ruger are well!

•••••••••••

Headed off to the craft show in a bit. It's all weekend but I like to go on a weekday bc weekends are more crowded, as you can imagine. I plan to fully enjoy my day!

I just bought hotel for 8 (four rooms) and Busch Gardens tickets for 8- two days in the park and all day dining for all of us. Not cheap but it should be an absolute blast.

Between the scavenger hunt and lunch on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, the two day Williamburg VA trip and the New Years Eve Crazy Dinner and games, it will be an absolutely wonderful Christmas with all the kids. I am so excited and even better, they are too.

I think about the fact that each year this could be our last to get everyone. It happens. We really want to make the most of the time that we have with them. Kate will have Bobby, Chris is having Emily come, Trey has his bestie coming who has been a second son to us all his life. Who knows where C and E will be headed after the next year or so, when he starts law school? Who knows where T wil end up after graduation? They won't always want or be able to take time off of work to come and be with us. So yeah, I am grateful and excited to have this time with all of them. I can rest after it is over.

Anyway, off to get ready for the Craft show! I am not showering or anything, just throwing on a baseball cap. I imagine I will want to come home and get in a hot bath with a book later on, after hours on my feet walking around!
  #1631   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-21, 10:33

BF:

DOT- headed back to Pooler today to clean up and meet movers tomorrow at 1. Back in a bit- jumped back over the line with stress eating. I am so mad. Self sabatage.
Today is a new day and back on track!

Check in later when back in Pooler..............
  #1632   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-21, 14:31

BF:

Here and forgot I DC'D Internet. Using phone as hot spot and it is about to die! URGHHHHHH -

Anyway- here all set up for tomorrow. might hop on in morning- otherwise see you back when I am on the island, after the move.

back on track

Hope you all are doing great!!!!!!! - My phone is about to need more juice- so personals in am.

All good.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Nov-19-21 at 14:49.
  #1633   ^
Old Sat, Nov-20-21, 04:33

BF:

Good Morning!

Night #3 alone......done! 2 more to go. As annoying as DH sometimes is, I sure do miss him!

Scale continues to bob up and down......my eating has not been consistent...just kind of all over the place. A bite of this, a nibble of that. It all adds up to calories that are not in my plan. I hope this isn't what I'm like all winter.

Betty's heart monitor is in place and in 2 weeks we are to remove it and then mail it to the company. I'm hoping it stays in place until then. If it comes loose, we're just supposed to tape it back on..? We'll do our best. Her nurse was pleased with her check up yesterday. Her heart rate was much better than it was earlier in the week, and her BP was good. One day at a time.

Today I'll do my workout and that's about it other than go to see Betty a couple times. She wants spaghetti tonight, so I'll get that for her for dinner. I got up at 4 o'clock again....Gabby's idea this time. Now she's cuddled up on my lap...she's a love bug in the morning.

"See" you all later!
  #1634   ^
Old Sat, Nov-20-21, 07:24

BF:

Lori glad all is going well with dealing with Betty!! All you can ask on that front

Winter is a weird change in our eating, I think alot of us experience this but you know you, you got this!!

Jazz, what's up?

Nicco what are you doing this weekend?

---------so hubby to work

got rear ended in the truck last night, hit and run.....guy tagged him from behind at a light, then did some type of U turn in traffic and damn near had more wrecks and ran. Probably boozing it up or something, people run when they 'can't be in a police' issue for whatever reason, so......dent not too bad....but damn ya know. Thankfully the hitch area is ok and it was a side rear bumper hit cause hell we leave Tues, I need our hitch LOL Humans suck rocks to the ultimate mostly and this just confirms it for me

mom staying another day. leave tomorrow.
Greg is having his Tday with family today at home so he can have his fun and I will take mom home tomorrow and he will go up and cover while I am on trip. All good.

got a steak and ? for later.
don't care, food not a focus so that is a good thing.

nothing doing mostly. just chillin' and getting ducks in order and call and report accident today with insurance and all that crap.

be good all and yes, it is TOO damn cold for me LOL

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, Nov-20-21 at 10:06.
  #1635   ^
Old Sun, Nov-21-21, 04:56

BF:

Good Morning!

Gabby has gotten used to me getting up at 4AM.....ugh. I really could have stayed in bed longer this morning. I'll be napping this afternoon.

DH, DS & DGS will be heading for home late this afternoon. They are having rain this morning, but will try to hunt this afternoon and then head for home. I have a hotel reservation for them in Louisville, KY and then they'll drive the rest of the way on Monday.

I'm a bit worried about Betty. I could really see a change in her yesterday. More tired and short of breath. I took her dinner and she ate a little bit, but it seems like it is just too much of an effort to eat. So sad. I hope she's ok when I go see her this morning. I really wish the Dr. would not have changed her meds. He didn't even see her.....just based his decisions on the "numbers" reported by her nurse. The nurse told me that she wished he wouldn't have changed things up too. Sigh.....

Today I'll do my workout and catch up on my laundry. Exciting stuff.

Have a good one.