Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#421   ^
Old Yesterday, 04:58

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Having a slow morning before heading to the golf course around 10. We're starting a bit later again as it was cold overnight. 33 degrees now with a high of mid 60's. Starting Sunday we're in the 80's and 50's to 60's overnight. Now we're talking! I'm not playing on Saturday since DS and DGS are coming to help clear out some stuff in the attic. Plus, it's supposed to be showers and cool...not a good golf day.

We got a lot done yesterday. We went out for dinner and stopped at Big Lots because I wanted a couple new front porch chairs and a little table. Found just what I wanted....less than $100. I had a big lounge chair that is now sitting by the road with a free sign on it along with 2 old bicycles. If they're still there tomorrow, into the dumpster they go.

I started taking the Meloxicam for my knee again yesterday. I'm hoping to cut the inflammation off at the pass before it gets really bad. It was so good for the past couple weeks....hate going backwards. I'll take the meds for 10 days again and see how it goes.

Happy Friday!
Sponsored Links
  #422   ^
Old Yesterday, 15:30

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Save my spot for morning!
SO FREKIN happy for a few days of relaxing and ZERO billable hours! LOL

I am whipped. Till morning!
  #423   ^
Old Today, 06:43

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, hope the meds and some time give ya good improvement ya are hoping for.

cool on the roadside giveaway but yea, into the dumpster if no one grabs I can't do that, I am on a dead end road, no traffic to even consider doing that.

HEY JAZZ and NICCO

--------------- SO KIDDO lost her wallet. Drivers license gone, health ins. card gone, debit card gone and about 100 bucks.....now she says she thinks she threw it out herself in her own garbage?? WTH? OK?? I placed a bet. I think it is in her dorm room LOL so when we go up to move her out completely on May 7 I will search that room come hell or highwater, but she paid for new DL and I of course cancelled the debit card, and I do have other health ins. card for her, and thankfully I NEVER gave her the friggin' SS card, got that in my lockbox....but what a PIA. Ok be interesting to see later??

I say how could ya? She says hey it is only once so far? and I say I protect my purse with all my 'stuff' in it with life and not once in literally 42 yrs have I lost my purse or wallet!! No sense of responsibility literally to me but EH EH that is MY view on it HA so she says, well my friend has lost her wallet 2 times this year and I say so what ya shooting to meet her goal? OMG!!!! KIDS TODAY are dumb as rocks on even caring about protecting their private info.....ok do not get me started here.

Crazy Sarah has the Chop stressed to the ultimate. He can't take it literally LOL too funny on guys right? omg...... he called her again, 2 options, split property so we get 1/2 pasture area in deed and she can keep ancient trailer packed with crap and other land OR we sell it all and split it all. She hemmed and hawed and talked more family stuff saying she thought Chop and I wanted the house for kiddo to move into???? and and alot of other crazy.....ugh.....anyway he gave her a week to pick one of those 2 options or he is proceeding with estate forced sale of property, simple as that which has him tore up he has to do that her......when Vern is stressed I don't live well automatically so I am now getting more pizzed off LOL Told the Chop to nail her azz to the wall and I got his back and forget the BS of this blip in our lives cause I am so damn direct if he lets me get at her all hell is gonna break loose now.....which is why I am avoiding contact/being involved like the plaque right now HAHA

anyway
finish some mow
unpack kiddo car from crap she brought home early
deal with pool some

fix MORE PROBLEMS with verizon, again I can't even go there on the f up with it all......brain dead on it but forcing hubby to deal....I am out but I am annoyed to no end here.

so my bro Rich shoots me a nice beach pic of them in Costa Rico at a resort on a 2 wk vacay. Yea I am jealous to all out.

bro Gregg shoots me a pic of new grandbaby Lil' Leo he has for the weekend while my neice and her hubby are on a nice quick weekend vacay they wanted.

AND I AM HERE DEALING WITH CRAP and all I want is my rv time, my, well skip grandbaby time, I have 0 interest in that literally, but deal with kiddo home for summer, and ALL I WANT IS everything off me..........there is no life with everything off ya is there? HAHA

ok all good, be good all, enjoy the day somewhere over the rainbow is a real deal retirement no crap included life for me I think?? eh maybe HA
  #424   ^
Old Today, 07:04

BF:

Good Saturday Morning

I got sleep and feel great. I was so tired, in bed by 930! Which is not ALL that early for me. I get up early for work. Ready for a weekend!!!! YAY weekend!

Lori- You are getting what we had yesterday! I swear it felt like an Autum day. It was cool, breezy, spitting rain and so overcast. A very dark day and windy day. It was not pleasant! Funny how weather takes us to memories of seasons! I so recall so many Fall, dark and musty days right before winter. The leaves had a damp smell and everything sorta paused waiting for winter.

Sorry to hear that knee has flared up again. That might be the way it goes until it is fully healed! It will heal eventually. Good to get on it BEFORE the pain!

I went back and re-read both your post and Trigs post regarding DEERHEADS mounted on the walls. NO WAY NO HOW! Add that to one more reason I am SINGLE! LOLOL
OMG I dated (briefly) an avid hunter. He was also into Taxidermy. I didn't even know what that met before that guy. He was a serious Safiri type. NO THANKS. I remember thinking I wonder if he will stuff my dog someday............... noooooooo

Awesome you got a new patio set! Is it for your front porch?

Trig- Well the kiddo should be home about now! You are 1 meal in and the count down has begun! I know you grumble and all about all the cooking, but it is a labor of love for the kiddo! I know you like it! LOLOL

Glad you are taking a break from the decluttering! There is only so much one can take!

How is the pool coming along? I was thinking about your mowing...... Maybe the Chop can take that over. I hate to see you suffer with that. Sounds like those allergies are nasty! I have also seen people mowing with a mask on too! Just a thought!

Ribeye for dinner? See below for WOE.....

Nic- Girllllllll, Lady, Grammy! Do tell!!!!! We need little feet details. What cutie outfits is LeBebe in! I just adore little girl clothes. They are like living dolls!

Cool beans you are getting in some hiking!
----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back I took a pause to get a few things done. I also cut my hair. I had hair down the middle of my back. It just doesn't look great on a 58 something. LOLOL
Gave myself a super cute bob just below the shoulder line. Much more flattering. Plus, it just looks healthier! No more straggle ends! Happy with it. The cosmetology part of my life comes in handy at times! LOL = the life before kids, nursing, fun times........ fun times. The wild days! LOLOL Can you just fathom the hair salons in the 80's! Spiral perms, Madonna hair, and Bo Derek braids! LOL 80's was bigger the better! Good Times......... hehehehheh

Well that was fun, memory lane...........

I went to meet my new doctor yesterday. GUESS WHAT?!?!?!? He is a Low Carb Advocate. He is young, fit, athletic and open minded. He reviewed my labs...ie Cholesterol 300 LDL 230 and said......... you don't need a Statin! I about fell outta my chair. He said all my other markers are great. I am not a diabetic and haven't had a heart attack. He said he was more concern about blood sugars. I LOVE him. Finally, a doctor with some frekin common sense.

UPDATE
- I feel like the iodine IS making a small difference. I have a little more energy. Not tons, but enough to not feel like a sloth as I roll out of bed. It now takes a few hours to get to sloth feeling! LOLOL Taking longer! Improvement.
Going to keep on it. I want to get updated labs in a few months. I didn't get any by choice yesterday.

WOE-
I had a very definitive reaction to tomato the last few days. I am ok with salsa. Tomato paste, ketchup, and heavy "sauce" gave me joint pain in my hands. That is a new thing, just one hand too. Left hand joint pain with swollen joints. It was in a matter of hour too. I do attitude it to the tomato paste as it happened last time, I made sloppy joe I also noticed joint pain. So, 2/2. I am taking it out effective today.

I am also going to take a 30-day self-challenge. Just pure BBBE + coffee. I need a metabolism, gut reset. Today is day one. Not waiting for the 1st. TODAY! LOL

Eats: I have burgers ready to toss in the air fryer and an inch thick strip steak for tomorrow.

The sun is slated to come out and it is going to be in the 80's all next week and beautiful. Today it will be low 70's and in/out sun. I will take it.

Gotta hit up Wally World for a few items. Going early- before 10:00! Want a full day!

Rock on Kids!
  #425   ^
Old Today, 07:17

BF:

TRIG- We cross posted. However, I just have to respond to that post!

First- KIDS..... do not protect ANY PRIVACY. My daughter posts her entire life on FB. Sighhhhhhhhh They just don't "get it". Second, she also has "lost" her purse, somewhere in Costco. She never got it back. I think it was taken out from her cart while she was unloading her cart. So I don't know. I too have NEVER lost my wallet.
Now my keys are a complete different story! LOLOLOL
Good you had replacement for Kiddo!

Crazy Clampet Sarah....... just wow. Good on your Chop to draw line in sand and not try to "reason" with crazy. You just can't. Just put line in sand, let her decide and move on. Don't play in her circus!

WTF is going on with Verizon??????- I would dump them like a dirty shirt!

PLAN A RV trip! Just do it and Chop will come. He will be happy you just planned it. Go for it!
We all need those beach days. Good for the soul.

You should start "browsing beach houses". Sometimes the looking is so fun. I watch Beach front Bargin Hunts on HGTV. I an JELLY watching these people get their Beach houses. But I is also fun to see what is out there for the money.

Steak today? Did you ever get that Grill? Amazon, or Home Depot. They assemble and deliver!

Have a grand weekend- it is going to be nice!