Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-08, 13:16

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

I have a meeting Thursday night and we usually go out to dinner with friends before the meeting. Also Tuesday & Wednesday don't work for lunch - other than that, let's give it a try - again weather permitting.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-08, 11:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

So... how did everyone fare overnight with the white stuff? I have about 6" of it and it's still coming down......

The Mousemobile is snuggled in the carport until the ice is gone. Sigh.... That'll change whether or not we manage to get together this month at all.

Add to it, I now have a cold. Did I mention I was miserable right now? ;~(

My guess is that Jude got the worst of it being in the highlands. (Sorry Jude!!!)

Julie
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-08, 11:54

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Snowed in. Will lose more income tomorrow. I'm peeved.

Feel better soon, sickies!!!!
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-08, 12:41

BF:

Cocooning here too! Scanning and listing more cards for eBay - gotta generate some income. Sometimes self-employment with no pension or benefits really stinks!!
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-08, 13:01

BF:

I'm going to brave the elements and go for a few groceries (walking of course!!!!) - going to make some LC comfort food for me and the sick kid....

Julie
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-08, 16:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Well, on the bright side, I have 4-wheel drive in the Jeepster, and I'm not sick (though a little congested), and I'm still working (overtime, even, like I have the energy in the dark and the cold...sigh).

Did I mention, though, that my old (literally) computer finally bit it (went into overheat) last week and I've been trying desperately to retrieve my email folders (which are huge and messy) ever since? And configure the laptop I bought (on plastic natch)? And that the washer went on Saturday (or was it Sunday...it all blurs)? And my sister still can't get my email straight and keeps blaming MY email address (and me) for her typoes? Hmmmmmm, what else...I dunno. Plenty. And I'm cold, so cold...

Yep, my driveway is a disaster zone, and the municipality is trying to force us to (pay for) sewer pipage that isn't linked to anything much, and the insurance company hasn't let us use our woodstove for the last 2 years (too big, go figure, though it was fine for 14 or so years before that). Some dips**t company decided to make free with my PayPal account (caught it, thank goodness), Globe & Mail missed my delivery, HBC can't seem to track my payments, they take 'em but don't list 'em...and when am I supposed to take care of all this stuff? Sheesh.

On the bright side, my dearly beloved DH, just this last Sunday, has achieved the "shodan" or Black Belt level 1, in Yoshinkan Aikido, the product of a great deal of work and focus on his part and much support and cooking and discussion on my part (he's Teutonic, you know, a little OCD ), for the last 4.5 years. I am tremendously proud of him and have PICS! (though my cardreader went missing and so did my camera card -- I suspect they're together somewhere, playing with the USB cable) so I trekked out to LD for a new card, a new reader and (just in case) a new set of precharged HD batteries for the little old 3.2mP digital camera...at 09:45 of a frozen blowing Sunday morning...and then out to the wilds of Saanich to cheer (quietly) and take PICS. Thank goodness for the Jeepster (which needs 2 new tires...but the plastic is tired).

Well, I guess that's enough of a whine...so how's the week going for the rest of you?

ps: Thurs a late call to a family do...Friday lunch? before the weather worsens again? or are the roads still too awful for y'all non-winter drivers (woosies... ).

#52   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-08, 19:22

BF:

Well, congrats to your DH Jude! And congrats to you too for cheering him on through the whole process!! Doesn't your new lappy have a built in card reader? And I was really lucky when I had to replace my old IBM a couple of months ago - the tech where I took it for repair (not worth it) was able to transfer my old email program with the address book intact! Whew!!! Isn't it ironic how everything expensive seems to happen this time of year?

Yeah, I'm a woosie and proud of it! Saanich hasn't done anything about side streets in our area - Shelbourne has been sanded and/or salted as has Cedar Hill Rd, but as soon as you venture off them, it's sheer ice! So yeah, I like my skin too well (wrinkles and all) to risk it just for fun even with very dear friends! When the roads are clear, you barely notice that there's a slight hill -- when it's icy, there's absolutely no question about it!!

I guess that's a long-winded way of saying that, unless we get an unexpected thaw, I'm not venturing out unless we have an emergency!
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 08:36

BF:

I'm not sure about driving yet - haven't looked outside yet (still waking up!), but we are supposed to get 10-15 more today which will definitely keep the Mousemobile parked.

Glentana was ploughed yesterday morning and my street was not bad at all considering all we have to use is snow shovels (no municipal snow removal here).

Congrats to DH Jude!

If you (or anyone else) want(s) to meet downtown at Travellers for lunch Thursday or Friday I'm in.

My house is freezing as well - the fireplace does a half a**ed job but the living room floor is unwarmable (my new word today).

Take care all and stay warm!!!

Julie

Last edited by Mousesmom : Wed, Dec-17-08 at 08:37. Reason: can't type with cold fingers!
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 13:04
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendarc
Well, congrats to your DH Jude! And congrats to you too for cheering him on through the whole process!! Doesn't your new lappy have a built in card reader? And I was really lucky when I had to replace my old IBM a couple of months ago - the tech where I took it for repair (not worth it) was able to transfer my old email program with the address book intact! Whew!!! Isn't it ironic how everything expensive seems to happen this time of year?!

Oh housebound one...how's it looking today? Don't get too optimistic, The Weather Channel tells me it's dropping to -7 by Friday...

As for the card reader, the lappy has one, but of course the camera card is a CF, which is somewhat bigger than the slot (MMC, MC and SD, I think?)... oh, well, it has every dam thing else!

#55   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 13:07
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousesmom
I'm not sure about driving yet - haven't looked outside yet (still waking up!), but we are supposed to get 10-15 more today which will definitely keep the Mousemobile parked.

Glentana was ploughed yesterday morning and my street was not bad at all considering all we have to use is snow shovels (no municipal snow removal here).

Congrats to DH Jude!

If you (or anyone else) want(s) to meet downtown at Travellers for lunch Thursday or Friday I'm in.

My house is freezing as well - the fireplace does a half a**ed job but the living room floor is unwarmable (my new word today).

Take care all and stay warm!!!

Julie

Where's Glentana

The one advantage to our place being so small is that it doesn't take very long for the electric heat to warm most of it (except for the drafty floors and the back of the kitchen/back door...). [...pssst, very very quietly hoping for no classic Langford winter power outs, what with no woodstove and all...]

I'm definitely thinking on lunch, Thursday looks good for me...I think. Good day for those wings...

Last edited by IslandGirl : Wed, Dec-17-08 at 14:27.
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 14:42

BF:

I'm not gonna commit, what with the snowfall warning still up, but it was sure nice to wake up this morning to warmer and thawing! I was just looking at the Hwy web-cams and the Malahat looks wet but Nanaimo looks like they're getting more snow right now, and farther up-Island looks pretty severe. I hope it's not moving south, but it probably is.

Since the renovations in the townhouse, we're finding it much warmer - double glazed windows, added insulation, and new weatherstripping make a great difference but i can relate to the cold floors - can't walk around in here in my sock feet!

If we dodge this bullet, lunch at Travellers sounds super! Jude, I've got a couple of Karen's columns that my friend in Surrey kept for me - if I get there for lunch, I'll bring them along!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 19:12

BF:

Glentana is the street that winds behind the Can Tire at Craigflower and Admirals. It goes up a hill and curves around and goes back down to where I live.

Julie
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 19:13

BF:

Would be great if you could join us Glenda!!!!

Julie
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-08, 14:41
Registered Member

For the benefit of those who are actually subscribed...there's a new link for this coming month (and year) in hopes we can actually get together.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=387836

Happy (what's left of the) Holidays!