Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 22:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/123 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Chicken Broccoli Parmesan

I LOVE chicken broccoli alfredo, but I just couldn't bring myself to drop $3.50 on one jar of the new lower carb kind...so, I improvised. It isn't creamy like alfredo, but I believe it could be if I mixed my parm, moz, and whipping cream over heat.

Anyway, I quick boiled my broccoli tops in chicken stock. At the same time, I sauteed a chicken breast cut up in olive oil and butter. As it cooked I added garlic (for best fresh garlic results, wrap your clove in foil, place in oven for about 10-15 mins at 350, unwrap and roll it flat with a rolling pin.) Scrape garlic into frying pan...or you could use powdered garlic. Next I added marjorum, pepper, a touch of salt, crushed red pepper, my strained broccoli and parmesan cheese (to taste). I tossed it all together, allowing the broccoli to soften more and the flavors to mix. Made 2 large servings...YUMMY! and filling too!

Once out of Induction, I plan to try adding slivered almonds or a few peanuts.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 07:39

Plan: atkins/low carb
Stats: 209/158/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 65%

at the top, it mentions mozz & whipping cream, but it doesn't say anything about that in the recipe?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 18:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/182/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 51%

I think she meant you could try this, (measurements my suggestion) whip one cup of cream in a pan so it starts to thicken, put on med heat and once it starts to simmer add 2 oz mozz and 2 oz paremesan and stir until melted.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 18:53

Stats: 168/155/150 Female 5'8.5"
BF:
Progress: 72%

The recipe sounds wonderful and something I'll try. I love the statements you have put on your site. I'm very pro-life.
Anne
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-25-08, 20:24
Registered Member

Stats: 209/183/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%

This was very good. I cooked some tufu noodles (1carb) and made pasta and alfredo. Next time I will add some mushrooms and non roasted garlic as I like it less sweet.

Great recipe!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-13-11, 20:13

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 174/163/105 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks, I'll try this recipe soon! I loooove broccoli but since I'm on induction I never get enough of it
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-13, 05:56

Stats: 251.9/179.8/160 Female 5'6 inches
BF:43%/40%/31%/28.8%
Progress: 78%

Don't know about the low carb sauce, but Bertolli's brand alfredo only has 2nc in it, just thought it might make it easier than trying to do it from scratch if you want it thick. That's 2nc/1/4 cup also, so not too bad. They are good quality (very nice people i called them to ask them about possible hidden carbs/sugar lying that i was allergic to certian things lol) The actual "hidden carbs" tracker on this website says that they are actually "over" doing their label's net carbs listed. It told me it only had 1nc/serving, but i go by the label non the less. Also, it's only $2 a jar at wal-mart, so much more affordable. I make it as chicken broccoli alfredo , just the jar of sauce, extra garlic, parmesan cheese and chicken and broccoli of course.