Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 08:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/142/120 Female 5'5"
BF:?%/27%/cur20%18%
Progress: 44%

I was just reading through the thread and was curious as to the caloric content of your last meal?

I many small meals during the day, and have a dinner of around 200-250 calories. My habit has been to have a snack of 200-250 calories about 1 hour before bed, otherwise I wake up during the night ravenous.

This concept makes sense, which was why I was curious how large a meal you were eating.

Thanks!

kristen
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 09:36
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I've worked out a menu for next week which will be about 500 calories for breakfast, 400 for lunch, 200 for snack and about 300 for dinner.
  #108   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 11:23

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Well, got down to 138 and then suddenly my weight went up to 144. Know why? TOM. I won't be weighing myself for a shile but as soon as this visitor is gone, I will be weighing once again. I am going to continue with theis new pattern. I really like it and I think that it will work in the long run.

Black
  #109   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 14:01
Registered Member

Plan: carb cycling
Stats: 22/12/8 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Well I tried this yesterday and after the holidays had really gained.... but this morning I was down 5 pounds. My problem is I have been grazing all day and then eat a smaller dinner and cut it off several hours before bed last night. Hopefully with a little practice I can get in a bigger breakfast and work out the rest of the day accordingly. I have been carb cycling for a few months, but I have really had a time of it with cravings so I might just switch to this full time if it works well for me. Unfortunately I tend to stall or slow down to much for my liking so always hoping to find a tweak to get things moving again...
  #110   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 11:40

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Thumbs up

You are absolutely correct. My uncle was a dairy farmer. Up at 4 am,
huge breakfast at 6 am, massive lunch at 1 pm and dinner was small soup or snack. Not too many fat farmers out there, hehe
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 10:02

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Count me in on this one. Yesterday was day 1 back in induction and getting through that was something else LOL. Stoped eating at 6pm but by 8 the cravings were sooo bad had to eat some cheese and salami so I won't blow my first day back. Tonight will give it another go. Hopefully after day 3 the cravings will go away and I will have control again.
I too have never been a breakfast person, Dinner was the main meal. so I am making sure this time to eat something anything for breakfast and lunch will be my biggest meal and dinner my smallest meal. Will see how this goes.

Have a great day everyone
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 12:37

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

I have noticed a difference already, but won't know if I have really lost anything until I weigh in next week at Mom's! I am even sleeping better!
  #113   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 16:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205.4/125 Female 63
BF:38/36/22
Progress: 14%

Yup, that was my big thing too. It's really helping me to sleep better. I have a BIG problem between having occasional bouts of insomnia, and having nightmares, and eating this way has really cut down on both!
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 11:12

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 142/140/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 12%
Question

Question: If it's a good idea to eat little at dinner, is it ok to skip dinner altogether as long as you eat more at breakfast and lunch? I often have days where I'm working and my 'dinner break' ends up at 2 or 3pm, so it becomes a late lunch. Is that ok? I hear so much about not wanting to put your body into starvation mode, but by not eating after 6pm...aren't you doing just that? I'm not saying it's bad, but if it's ok to stop eating at 6pm, why not 2/3pm? What do the rest of you think?
  #115   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 12:51

BF:

As long as you are not hungry at dinner time I sure don't see why not! I was so sick yesterday and so couldn't eat dinner, but I had a late lunch of sausage! I felt so guilty not eating some veggies for dinner and need to make sure I get them today! The side of my face is numb, yet hurts and I have no desire to eat! I did eat two Carb Solution cookies and wish I hadn't, but I didn't want to get kicked into the starving mode and they are already made so I could just grab them and sit back down to catch my breath! I am probably going to lay my poor face down on a heating pad for a while and see if that helps! In all the years I have had allergy and asthma problems I just don't remember my glands getting hit this hard! My poor husband had to go to work hurting! His bosses are the pits and he will more than likely loose his pay from yesterday because we cannot afford for him to go to the doctor to get a note showing he was sick! It is cheaper to just take the pay loss and get nagged. Great way to be treated when you work your tail off for someone. He really hates his job and had only taken it to be an in for me when it came time to change counties...who knew my old administrator would lie and ruin my career. I have complete faith that what they did to me will go right back at them! At least I know I did a fabulous job in a situation that was challenging for me to say the least! Being a teacher whose area of specialty is k-4 and being thrown in 8th grade English...talking about being out of my comfort zone! But, my students test scores were really good, espeically the writing assessment where I only had 3 out of 116 that showed up that day not pass and they got 3's (4's was passing) and two were plain lazy and the other had an IEP to learn under but no adjustments/considerations for the test so to get the 3 was very good for that student! Gosh, I do tend to ramble don't I? I need to get moving around here and then put my face on the heating pad!!!!!

Just don't go to bed starving!!!!!! Your body will go into starvation mode and you don't want that!
  #116   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-05, 12:23
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 250/236/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I tried this as well, I had been in a stall since after induction, and I lost 5 lbs last week. I also started exercising once a day as well. I am going to keep this up, I am really seeing results!!
  #117   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-05, 14:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 186/183/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Congratulations everyone, I think if your last meal is at 2 or 3 your body will start to use muscle because it won't have any protein to burn, so that may be to early to not eat anything else at all, maybe you could at least eat a little cheese or some small snack a little later, just a thought. I seem to not be that hungry in the morning, I have to force myself to eat 4 eggs and I'm seriously stuffed, will this work if I don't eat so much in the morning, but still eat a small dinner.
  #118   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-05, 14:23

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Exclamation More Oprah

This philosophy has been around for many years. As a kid I remember it. This week Oprah is crediting no food at night for her latest weight loss. It really does work. Eating most of your food during the day when you are active only makes sense. Late night snacking is deadly. But what to eat during a late night movie?

#119   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 22:03

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

My weight began going down...Hey TOM must be over. Now let's see if I can get even lower before the next TOM. I am trying something else along with big breakfast, medium lunch and small dinner. I will share this addition only if it works. According to information, I won't notice a difference for another 3-6 weeks. So, we shall see.
  #120   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 22:04

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
My weight began going down...Hey TOM must be over. Now let's see if I can get even lower before the next TOM. I am trying something else along with big breakfast, medium lunch and small dinner. I will share this addition only if it works. According to information, I won't notice a difference for another 3-6 weeks. So, we shall see.

Now, that is downright cruel!!!! It is like telling a secret to only one gal in front of the rest of us!!! Come on...you just got to share...maybe one of us has tried it before or maybe wants to give it a go along with you!!!!! I think eating big for breakfast and small for dinner is making a difference in how I feel! Much improvement and swelling around stomach is even going down!!!! And did I mention I sleep better??? I am so glad you all began this thread!