Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 15:01

Plan: atkins/Thurmond
Stats: 208/151.6/128 Female 5' 3"
BF:??/32.6%/25%
Progress: 71%

Forgot to say- a calorie is a calorie but if your body has nothing to digest at night your theory is right- it can use the fat for the little energy we need to sleep and not take it from food recently eaten!!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 23:50
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I have been kind of lurking, and I have decided to give this a try, starting in the morning. It will be hard to eat a big breakfast, but I will give it a definate shot.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-04, 08:57
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Well, I didn't plan my food out very well so I haven't really tried this yet. But today I think I have what should be an enormous breakfast: Two eggs, cheese, 2 slices of bacon, to mix into carbquick. At least, that's a lot larger than my typical breakfast. Hope it works!
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-04, 16:47

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Jadeca, I weighed 144.5 lbs on Monday. Today, I am down to 142 lbs. So far so good but I must get down to 137 before I believe that this is a success. I go up and down so easily. I do feel the same way that I did when I first began induction which is a very good sign. I will keep you posted.

Black57
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-04, 17:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205.4/125 Female 63
BF:38/36/22
Progress: 14%

black, glad to hear it!

When I did this, I lost 2 lbs almost immediately, then it stopped for days, then I lost another 2, and it seems to be pretty consistent now. I hope yours is as well!
I find that I feel better eating this way now. I really couldn't stand that 'too full' feeling before bedtime, and when I eat a meal, it seems to stick for hours.
Now I look forward to eating a big lunch! I've been having trouble lately being hungry enough for a big breakfast, so when that happens I have a huge lunch to make up for it, and also to keep me from getting too hungry at dinner time. Seems to be working pretty well so far.

Can't wait to hear back from ya, hope it goes well!

Michele
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-04, 22:26

Plan: Low Carb Style
Stats: 155/130/122 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

Black- what happened to weighing in on Sunday? Hee hee.
Unfortuneately i had my biggest meal late last night with tons of salt because I had a teeny tiny breakfast. The Christmas concert was yesterday and my schedule was a little thrown off. Not to worry- Its mid afternoon the next day and i feel somewhat water retained but back again.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Dec-24-04, 01:35

Plan: 00000000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 0000
BF:
Progress: 38%

This sounds like a great idea, though I'm a little worried since I seem to snack most at night. I will definitely give it a shot though!
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Dec-24-04, 11:05

BF:

Well, Jade, I am now 141 this AM. As I said my weight has been fluctuating between 136 and 144 depending on the time of year, the position of the moon blah blah blah, but this has been very encouraging. My weight jumps up easily when it is TOM. So if I have a hard time getting down before the next TOM it will spring up just as high or even higher. This time I feel as though I will get down substantially before the next TOM. Then, hopefully, it won't jump up as high...ugh

Black57
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Dec-24-04, 11:10

BF:

Snow White, I am an evening snacker also but I am having no snacking pangs. It feels like I did when I was doing strict induction but I am losing more weight. When I first began induction, I lost 1/2 lb a day and it slowed after losing 9 lbs. My body showed a little rebellion this time but it grasped the new regiment much easier.

Good Luck,
Black57
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Dec-24-04, 11:12

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan
Black- what happened to weighing in on Sunday? Hee hee.
Unfortuneately i had my biggest meal late last night with tons of salt because I had a teeny tiny breakfast. The Christmas concert was yesterday and my schedule was a little thrown off. Not to worry- Its mid afternoon the next day and i feel somewhat water retained but back again.

I knew someone was going to catch me on this. I just couldn't "weight" to see how I was doing. You know how that goes. I blew it, I know but it is still working.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Dec-24-04, 12:48

Hey black! That is great news! This may be just what your body needed to kick start the metabolism again!

I'm down 1 lb myself this morning! AND I'm only in my 2nd day of TOM!
MAN if a whoosh comes after TOM leaves I'm gonna be screaming with joy!
I've NEVER lost anything during TOM before so this is a real achievement to me! My 'official' weight is 181 but I'm not changing the siggy or anything yet because usually when I see a loss it takes a few days for it to 'stick.' I'm just thrilled to see it at all though, especially considering I had a mini goal of 175 by tomorrow. Obviously I'm not going to make my mini goal, but I WAS stalled for nearly a month, so I think I'm still pretty much on track all things considered.

Akasha ~ When you get a chance please come back and let us know how this is working for you! Good luck!

Michele
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Dec-24-04, 13:04

BF:

Jade, like Gabrielle, I avoided this thread for a while because I have become wary of stall breakers. What drew me to this was the fact that I was going to return to induction while on my 2 week winter break. By doing induction in this manner, I don't have to be as strict with induction food. Plus it feels like induction. I can last longer between meals. I wish I'd have done this during the summer. The next few days will be the biggest revealers of this.

Take Care Everyone,
Black
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Dec-24-04, 13:31

black, I am normally very wary of stall breakers myself! Most of them consist of taking a high dosage of something odd like cinnamon (tried it, got nothing but an AWFUL headache from it!) or some other crazy tactic that sounds too good to be true! It's very rare to see a 'break a stall' thread that consists of what should ACTUALLY be tried to break a stall, like cutting out something (cheese, dairy, etc) or upping exercise, or re-evaluating menus, anything that should really be tried first as opposed to a 'quick fix' idea.
However, when I ran across this idea, it really did sound logical, as opposed to sounding like a 'quick fix' and it really made a lot of sense to me. That's why I figured what the heck, I'll try it, and next thing you know I broke out of my stall and was happily losing again! When *I* have success with something like this, I have to let others know, because my body likes to fight me tooth and nail sometimes, it's really frustrating!
Plus I saw that others were really having fantastic results with it, and like I said, it just sounded logical, not like some 'fad' type thing.

I do hope it continues to work for you! When I first started doing it, I dropped 2 lbs right away, then stopped losing for nearly a week, and I was thinking 'GREAT so this didn't work either.' Then next thing I knew, I dropped another 2 lbs, then 1 lb right after that. So I guess it's really helped me to lose more steadily. Also, I have to learn to be less impatient!
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Dec-24-04, 15:21

Plan: 00000000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 0000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Black - glad to hear it's working for a fellow night-snacker! Congratulations to everyone for whom this is successful; we all know how valuable every pound lost is!
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Dec-24-04, 19:29

BF:

Snow, I just hope that the pound lost stays lost.