Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 10:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/207/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am going to try this tomorrow. I have been at 180 for 3 weeks and this is worth a shot. I don't believe in doing any fasting. I know this weight will take time to come off but if this is a better way to eat than I am going to try it! Breakfast is so easy to make the biggest meal of the day for me, anyway.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 10:51

Plan: Protein Power/6WBM
Stats: 181.5/139/129 Female 66"
BF:55%/27.5%/22%
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylus
I'm going to start this from tomorrow and it's interesting to know that it's worked for many people, but would like to pose a question: Wouldn't it make even more sense to have most of your carbs for breakfast and lunch, as well as having larger meals then, and then when it comes to dinner, having only protein and fats? Perhaps the insulin levels will be very low then after no carbs at night, thereby increasing weightloss? Just a thought....

Stylus, you raise a very interesting question. I don't know the answer, but it's a good question. I think (most of?) us agree that keeping insulin levels in check helps tremendously, not just with weight loss, but with general health, too (cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.) In fact, this is the general tenet of the Drs. Eades' book "Protein Power." (Others, too, I know.)

MY problem is finding enough time in the morning to eat a really big healthy breakfast, having already squeezed in 30-50 minutes to work out. Time is at such a premium in the morning! I have broccoli breakfast quiches that I prepare in a batch for the week, microwave a couple and add a couple of sausage to. But if I understand Jadeca's original post (and Jadeca, please feel free to comment here), that's not NEARLY enough for the Princess/Commoner/Pauper approach. I'm also concerned about eating a lot of bacon, because cured meats and nitrite-processed meats have been implicated again recently in cancer, etc.

Any suggestions? ("Anyone? Bueller?")
Michelle
  #153   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 16:01
Registered Member

Stats: 197/194/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Help me break my stall !!!!!

Hey everybody.
I was wondering if this might work for me. I fell off the wagon last year right after Halloween, and re-started in March. I haven't lost a pound! I was told on another message board that I lost my one shot at losing weight with low carb. I lost 20lb. without exercising the first time. I am in a wedding in June and I have to do something. My largest meal usually is dinner. I usually have 2 eggs and 2 slices of bacon, or a mock danish for breakfast (1 egg/cream cheese). Lunch has been salad greens with some shredded cheese and meat of some kind (lunchmeat, or leftover, today it was taco meat). Then I have a good-sized dinner and dessert. Dessert can be low carb candy bar and a little <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=peanut%20butter" onmouseover="window.status='peanut butter'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">peanut butter</a> or sugar free jello with whipped cream made with Splenda. I know I have got to give up the chocolate. I have a low carb chocolate candy or snack bar every day. Also, I like my coffee with cream in it. I gave up half and half, but I still have the powdered stuff with 1 gram carbs. Is that bad? I am exercising six days a week now, and that should start burning fat, I hope. Please give me your thoughts/opnions/suggestions on this. Thanks!
Donna

Last edited by ducheskity : Thu, Apr-21-05 at 19:53.
  #154   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 18:08

Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5 feet 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 53%

Ducheskity---turn your meals around. Have a large breakfast (even your dessert for breakfast too if you can't live without it). Have a mediumsized lunch (like your salad with protein) and then eat a light supper. Then, you'll go to bed with sort of an empty stomach Since you burn fewer calories sleeping, you don't want to go to bed on a full stomach. Read this entire thread to get more ideas to try.
  #155   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 21:59

Plan: no sugar no flour, Atkins
Stats: 196.5/175/120 Female 5 feet 3 inch
BF:JUST HAD A BABY
Progress: 28%

I have posted this on another thread, but i think it would be a good question for this thread also. I eat highter on the fat percentages latley, around 80% fat 4-5 % carbs. I don't really loose on these percentages either. I was wondering if you are already at a very lean state, me only 105 pounds and not really any fat on me, if your body adapts to this way of burning and it doesen't really have much of an effect any more. I work out alot also, about 2 hours a day and i have a physical job, CNA, where i am on my feet for pretty much the whole 8 hour shift.
  #156   ^
Old Sat, May-07-05, 07:05

Stats: 137/137/111 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Default Giving Another try

I definitely think this will work for me. I gained my weight from eating all my late night snacks in the first place. I will also be part of the experiment, I just have to have some willpower. I don't have a problem with a big breakfast, it's my lunch that's a little skimpy. I'll report back!
  #157   ^
Old Sun, May-08-05, 09:35
Registered Member

Plan: genLC
Stats: // Female ni
BF:
Progress:

Hi, I haven't checked in for awhile but have lost another 4 lbs. I've stuck with this schedule as often as possible. It won't take that long to get used to it, now it's like a habit for me. My lower back went out about 10 days ago and I haven't been able to exercise, otherwise I think I would've lost more. The results I had from this really motivated me to not cheat and also avoid "low carb" products. Dr. A would be proud.

The only low carb products I eat now are the occasional low carb tortilla. They never impact the color of my ketostix so I figure they're ok.

It would be great to hear from everyone else who's tried this too!

K
  #158   ^
Old Sat, May-14-05, 14:15

Plan: My own
Stats: 178/169/140 Female 5'6"
BF:too much
Progress: 24%

Thank god I found this thread. I was battling the same 3-4 pounds for three weeks. I read the thread late at night (2 days ago) but I hadn't eaten anything after dinner that night, the next day I lost 4 pounds! Then since yesterday I lost another pound, I am thrilled. I am having a hard time with the big breakfast thing mostly because I can't stand eggs and eating meat for breakfast just turns my stomach. I usually eat strawberries and maybe some cheese. What I have been doing is not eating after dinner, which is usually at about 5-6, and I do go to bed around 11. I must admit that I have been starving late at night but just gulp that water. So far, so good, I hope this keeps up so I can buy the new wardrobe I want for summer!
  #159   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 07:31
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Lauren, congratulations! I feel the same way (about finding this thread). Down another 2 this week! I'm trying to think of breakfast ideas for you...cottage cheese? Salad? Strawberries are awesome, of course. Melon too.
  #160   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 11:48

Plan: My own
Stats: 178/169/140 Female 5'6"
BF:too much

Oh Ksa,
How I long to love eggs! lol. So I haven't been doing the big breakfast thing, but I have been avoiding eating after dinner which for me is around 5-5:30. And yes I am starving when I go to bed but it will be worth it. I just think about those calories sitting on my thighs as I sleep. This morning I ate an ounce of cheese and some pepperoni with tons of water, and I ate lunch early, 6 oz of pork with a cup of raw broccolli.
p.s. I also hate cottage cheese, yes I was a cereal girl!!
I think I will try my usual strawberries and maybe add some swiss on the side?That would be a new one. Also maybe I will add some walnuts to my strawberries.
  #161   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 15:50

Plan: low carb
Stats: 189/136/136 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I also have so much more energy in the morning if i dont eat after supper.!!
  #162   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 06:46
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Oh Lauren, how I wish I were as close to goal as you! Since you wrote, I've been having strawberries for breakfast too--yum--but as a side dish! I also make quesadillas with low carb tortillas and thought of that as a breakfast option for you. For breakfast, I usually eat the leftovers of whatever I prepared for dinner (for everyone else) the night before.

If you can't stand eggs or meat in the morning, perhaps a tofu/veggie stir fry if you have the time?

K
  #163   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 07:31
Registered Member

Stats: 144/144/120 Female 67
BF:
Progress:

mmmmmmmm great idea i started it today
  #164   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 12:39

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 192/182/150 Female 5'7"
BF:

This is absolutely the way to go and not just for a weight loss stall but everyday. Our metabolism is in full swing in the morning and tends to decline throughtout the day.
  #165   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 15:53

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Glad I found this thread. It has taken me 2 1/2 mos to lose 10 lbs--and that is induction. I'm going to try the queen/princess/pauper routine and see if it helps. One of the things I hope it will do is give me enough energy in the a.m. to exercise.