Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 19:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205.4/125 Female 63
BF:38/36/22
Progress: 14%

Apk ~ CONGRATS on the loss! Feels good, doesn't it!?

Lunasphere ~ 1 thing I have found with eating this way is that it is a very individual thing. Some are able to eat (like me) a hamburger patty and a cup or two of salad at 7:30 with no ill effects, and can still benefit from the pauper dinner weight loss. Others have to really restrict their intake at dinnertime, and can only have (for example) 1 cup of salad w/dressing for dinner. The flax-o-meal doesn't sound like it would be too bad of an idea. Is it carb/fat/protein heavy? The only thing I've found that's pretty consistent is that eating foods at night that are carb/fat/protein heavy will sit in your stomach longer, which could inhibit the weight loss some. That's why I usually will have a salad for dinner, with perhaps a small amount of protein. I've found that this way the body uses the salad veggies up really quick, and the protein is a small enough amount that it won't 'sit' for too long in my stomach, hence I go to bed with an empty stomach.
My suggestion would be to try it and see how it goes. If you don't see any results in a week or so, try changing it up and eating a veggie at night instead.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 20:30

Plan: atkins/Thurmond
Stats: 208/151.6/128 Female 5' 3"
BF:??/32.6%/25%
Progress: 71%

Did a bit better at this today- hoping for a loss tomorrow. I did not eat after 6 tonight and had a pretty small dinner. I drank water whenever I felt the need to eat out of habit- like watching a movie today. I had just eaten and wasn't hungry but those munching habits die hard!!
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 20:54

Plan: Keto
Stats: 284.6/239.0/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I'm trying this. Mostly b/c I've got out of control munching habits .
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 21:50
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I just tried this for the first day. I ate a large breakfast, and decreased through out the day. All I ended up having for dinner was a low carb grilled cheese sandwhich. I am definately a little hungry going to bed- I hope this works, as I didn't snack one bit after 7:00 pm.

I'll let you all know what the scale says in the morning.
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 06:25
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

UPDATE- I was down two pounds this morning!

I'm not sure if it was just a random 'whooosh' or if this really works. I'm trying it again today, so we'll see.
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 09:45

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 142/140/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 12%

One thing I miss eating this way - dessert. So this morning I had a bit of LC icecream after breakfast with my morning coffee. Hope it's not a problem. I think it makes so much sense to eat most of my food in the morning. I need alot more energy for work than in the evening at home.
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 11:12

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

It was a bit harder to not eat after my dinner than I thought, but I didn't have a salad as I normally would, so tonight it is salad for me with a touch of protein!!!! I did sleep better though! Maybe the empty tum??
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 11:41
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You must've stolen my sleep. I slept like crap last night! Of course, it didn't help that there was a huge thunderstorm happening.

I'm on day #2 of this. Had a 3 egg Egg McBowl Muffin this morning. I'm stuffed.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 12:09

Day 3- down 1.5 lbs today! I hope this is the sign of good things to come! I will keep doing this and see how it goes- am also finding myself stuffed in the am but also not just waiting for luchtime to get here! Ate a pretty small dinner last night and no snacks after 6! CHeers for more loss tomorrow!
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 12:13

BF:

Ok...I am drawing a blank as to what a "3 egg Egg McBowl Muffin" is! And, the name makes me hungry!!!!! Sorry you didn't sleep well! It makes for a tough day doesn't it? I think sleep affects weight loss as well so I am working on establishing a better sleep pattern.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 12:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205.4/125 Female 63
BF:38/36/22
Progress: 14%

WOW everyone is having great losses, awesome!

Apk, I don't see the ice cream being a problem! I was having some 'sweet' snacks in the morning and afternoon too to compensate for the fact that I can't have dessert at night anymore! It doesn't seem to affect anything, as long as you stay true to the rule (eat less at night and no snacks after 6 or 7.) It's basically flipping your meal intake upside down, so dessert after breakfast makes sense!

MissScruff, I am definitely sleeping better than I used to, I think it does have something to do with the empty tummy! I used to have nightmares every single night (spawned by something extremely stressful that caused Post-traumatic Stress disorder) and since I haven't been eating at night, they've gone away!

Nancy, that stinks! I *usually* sleep right through thunderstorms unless they're terrible! (I sleep like a ROCK! lol)

They definitely say that sleep affects weight loss. There have been studies done that show the link between not enough sleep and obesity/weight gain. Which is one of my biggest problems, because I have a tendency to only sleep 5 or 6 hours some nights. Then I make up for it on the weekends by sleeping 10. BAD habit!
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 14:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (modified)
Stats: 227/159/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I, too have found this to be true. When I eat a big breakfast, medium size lunch, and small dinner, I tend to lose more quickly or break those crazy plateaus. I am at a standstill now, so I think that I will start the breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper thing again Thanks for sharing.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 14:34

Sleep affects everything! Our moods, health, weight. If only there were more hours in the day so we could all get enough!!
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 15:33
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Ok...I am drawing a blank as to what a "3 egg Egg McBowl Muffin" is!

It's one of these except I add 3 eggs, 2 slices of bacon and a handful of cheese to about 1/3 c of carbquik and mix it well and then spread it on a plate and nuke for 2.5-3 minutes.

I'm truly sick of omelets but these remind me more of an egg-mcmuffin or something.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 15:45

BF:

I'll just add that to my list of stuff to try! Thanks! I have a loaf of low carb wheat break in the bread machine right now! Sure hope it turns out! I haven't had bread since August!

One thing I am going to do for myself for the New Year is to get on a sleep pattern! I am sick of being tired! I also thing getting organized is going to help with that!