Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-07-20, 05:18

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default New Book by Diana ROgers and Robb Wolf

New book available for preorder

Quote:

Over the last five years, I’ve been talking about writing a book with my good friend Robb Wolf about sustainability and how the most nutrient dense diet for humans is actually food produced in a way that improves the land. Not a super sexy topic, I know... But the recent world events have made this topic more important than ever before. Our industrial food system is making people, and the planet, sick.

What is Sacred Cow?

People are concerned about their health, the environment and about how we treat animals in our current industrial food system, and rightly so. Beef is framed as the most environmentally destructive and least healthy of foods, but while many argue that greatly reducing, or even eliminating it from our diets, we take a more critical look at the assumptions and misinformation presented about meat.

After spending years analyzing the science, we present a solid case that:

Meat and animal fat are essential for our bodies
A sustainable food system cannot exist without animals
A vegan diet may destroy more life than sustainable cattle farming
Regenerative cattle ranching is one of our best tools at mitigating climate change
Sacred Cow is our attempt to vindicate red meat and propose a new way to look at sustainable diets. We take a deep dive into the nutritional claims against meat, why cattle raised well are actually good for the environment, and address the ethical considerations surrounding killing animals for food. The truth is, you cannot have life without death, and eliminating animals from our food system could cause more harm than good.

But even if this way of raising animals is better than our current system, surely you can’t feed the world this way, right? Yep, we tackle that too!

You’ll also find practical guidance on how to support sustainable farms and a 30-day challenge to help you transition to a healthful and environmentally conscientious diet (that includes red meat).

This book is big: it will challenge everything we’re currently hearing about healthy, sustainable diets. We’re bombarded by the media, vegan propaganda films, and many health professionals that we must stop eating meat if we are to be good citizens. So, if you’re looking for a better answer, and want to know the science that backs it up, this book is for you.

Where can you get it?

Sacred Cow is available now for pre-order everywhere books are sold.

Pre-order from Amazon​

Pre-order from IndieBound​

Pre-order from Barnes & Noble​

Pre-order from Powells.com​

Pre-order from Books A Million​

I’ll be sending out more emails soon with information on what’s in the book, and also to tell you about the companion documentary film in the works, expected to release this fall. I hope you’ll help me transform our food system!

Will you join me?

Diana

Sponsored Links