Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-11, 20:46

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 255/180/175 Male 185cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Male yeast infection

Hi all. I realize this is my first post ever here and don't mean to dive in, but I've just stumbled across this forum and am eager to hear about anyone in a similar boat as me.

Just a little background. I'm in my twenties. About 2 years ago I came down with a penile yeast infection. I wasn't sure what it was at first (and it was bearable) so I foolishly put off having a dr look at it. A couple weeks later when I finally figured out what it was, none of the over the counter antifungals seemed to do anything. Also shortly after, I had big red rashes of flaky skin come out on my face (forehead, cheeks, around the mouth), back (ringworm) of the neck, on my upper and lower back (also obvious ringworm), in my crotch (jock itch), and In my arm pits. Various doctors prescribed me multiple antifungal creams with little/no results at the time. I also weighed nearly 260lbs at this point.

I took this as an indicator that I had systemic candida infection, and started eliminating sugars and carbs from my diet as best I could. I also started exercising regularly. As well as taking lots of vitamins, probiotics tablets and garlic. With this regime, over the course of a year or so I got down to a weight of 175lbs, which I was extremely happy with. At the same time, most of the areas on my body with the rashes seemed to clear up on their own. At this point I started to bring my diet back to a "normal persons" diet. However nothing seemed to work for the rash on my "male parts". At one point, it became so uncomfortable that I tried using an antifungal (prescribed to me earlier for the apparent ringworm rashes on my back) called Loprox (prescription only). It worked! It seemed to work great, however once the prescription ran out, the infection came rushing back. I've seen a few doctors (in a different area, I moved) about it, though I only told one of them about my loprox use and they looked at me like I was insane. They all seemed disinterested in supplements and overcoming it naturally, and all prescribed me generic antifungals, which did not work. At the moment, I'm using a (prescribed) combination of hydrocortisone cream and clotrimazole which keeps it at bay, certainly bearable. But I just want to be rid of this for good so badly. Lately I've been using garlic tablets as well as probiotic supplements in addition to my usual daily vitamins. Does anyone else suffer from similar issues?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-11, 08:56
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Organic oil of oregano is great for yeast infections. You can purchase it via gels or liquid. You can ingest it or rub it on your skin but I wouldn't recommend rubbing it on your penis because it will burn.

Take 4 drop in a little water or 4 gels 4-5 times a day until the yeast is gone. Then you can take it 1-2 times a day for maintenance.

I have to warn you. When you first start taking the oregano oil (ooo), you need to stay close to the bathroom because it will clean you out...i.e. putrid smelling, green, sludgy bms.

The die off of the ooo killing the yeast can also make you very tired and give flu like symptoms.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-11, 16:57

BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the quick reply! I actually bought some "pure oregano oil" capsules. They are 75% carvacrol and it says 25:1 extract. Should I go back onto the typical candida diet to improve my chances while I'm taking them 4-5 times a day?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-11, 10:15
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo59
Thanks for the quick reply! I actually bought some "pure oregano oil" capsules. They are 75% carvacrol and it says 25:1 extract. Should I go back onto the typical candida diet to improve my chances while I'm taking them 4-5 times a day?

Sure. It's best not to overburden your system while you're cleansing.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-11, 12:01

BF:
Progress:

Sounds good. I'll delay it a couple days, I just got groceries the other day and I don't want to put all the non-candida diet food I bought to waste, lol. Are you sure 4 capsules taken 4-5 times a day is the right amount? Seems like quite a bit.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-11, 17:42
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Sounds good. I'll delay it a couple days, I just got groceries the other day and I don't want to put all the non-candida diet food I bought to waste, lol. Are you sure 4 capsules taken 4-5 times a day is the right amount? Seems like quite a bit.

That amount is about right; it's what I always recommend. You can take up to 30 gels/day but the effects might be too severe for you.

Last edited by Zuleikaa : Sun, Oct-30-11 at 08:00.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-11, 02:16

BF:
Progress:

I see. I think a big factor in the amount per day I take is cost too. Every bottle I see in my local stores is $18-25 with each bottle containing 90-100 caps. Also, I read that the oregano caps must contain 70% Carvacrol to be effective against candida. The ones I have now say 75%. Another thing I've heard tossed around is that what I need is "wild" oregano oil, where as my caps just say "pure" oregano oil. Do you think these factors differing will really make a difference? I've seen some of the cheaper oregano oil caps say they have 60% carvacrol too.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-11, 07:53
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
I see. I think a big factor in the amount per day I take is cost too. Every bottle I see in my local stores is $18-25 with each bottle containing 90-100 caps. Also, I read that the oregano caps must contain 70% Carvacrol to be effective against candida. The ones I have now say 75%. Another thing I've heard tossed around is that what I need is "wild" oregano oil, where as my caps just say "pure" oregano oil. Do you think these factors differing will really make a difference? I've seen some of the cheaper oregano oil caps say they have 60% carvacrol too.

For a cheaper source of oregano oil, look on the web. Prices in the store are a lot more. You can start at the smaller dose of OOO and work yourself up. Wild and pure OOO is usually the same thing; you can check on the back and the ingredient should be oregano vulgare.

I've just checked and the OOO I usually take is 10:1.

Last edited by Zuleikaa : Sun, Oct-30-11 at 08:00.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-11, 11:30

BF:
Progress:

Interesting, mine say;
Per 1 capsule
oregano oil - 20:1 extract
origanum vulgare 75% carvacrol 450mg.

Do you think I'll be ok if I start with this doseage right off the bat (these gels, 4 of the, 4x a day)?
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-11, 12:05
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Interesting, mine say;
Per 1 capsule
oregano oil - 20:1 extract
origanum vulgare 75% carvacrol 450mg.

Do you think I'll be ok if I start with this doseage right off the bat (these gels, 4 of the, 4x a day)?

What you have is fine.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-11, 12:51

BF:
Progress:

Thanks, I really appreciate all the help!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-11, 16:34

BF:
Progress:

And one more thing. How long do you think it'll be before I start to see results with the OoO? Or is everyone totally different.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-11, 07:41
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
And one more thing. How long do you think it'll be before I start to see results with the OoO? Or is everyone totally different.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

3-7 days. It depends on the severity and the dose.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-11, 16:39

BF:
Progress:

Good to know. I take it you yourself have some experience with something yeast related?
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-11, 17:59
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Good to know. I take it you yourself have some experience with something yeast related?

I've had clients that had yeast. I've a sister that had yeast on her chest and back. I've had other relatives that had repetitive yeast infections. They've all been treated with OOO and garlic.

I've been preventively treating myself with anti yeast herbals for over 30 years. I haven't had a yeast infection since I was a teen.

I have had Acanthosis nigricans though which I treated the same way as yeast; it's been gone for years now.