Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2161   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-19, 04:41

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Things are flying around here this morning! DH is going to go to work for a few hours and be home and ready to hit the road by 10:30 or so. I have a final load of laundry spinning and have gotten everything ready for the pet sitter.

I'll jump in the shower around 9 and then it's go time. NYC here we come! Yikes! The most stressful time will be tomorrow morning when we have to have DGS16 to the baseball field by 10AM. We'll leave in plenty of time, but will have no idea where we are going and what the traffic will be like. We'll do our best to get him there....what more can we do? Breathe Lori, breathe.......

One part of me is looking forward to the trip and the other is wishing I could stay here in my nest. I need to learn to go with the flow and not try to micro manage every detail. I've always been such a worrywart!

Ok....this post has been all about me....sorry. I'll either post here from NYC tonight or send you all an email.

Have a great rest of the week!
Sponsored Links
  #2162   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-19, 05:12

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco I loved reading about your kids and what they are up to.
you got such a cool family
you have them going all out and about, bet their adventures will be wonderful to hear when they return. So cool about the job interview and the great feedback. You really live a filled up life

Lori, I so get ya on NYC. When we lived in NJ I would take the Path train over to NYC and party up with my friends. omg it IS a city ya know....not like clean or uncrowded...it is scuzzy and crowded big time. I am like you tho when hitting new territory you really wonder if it is gonna be too much. I am so country and low key now a 'city' is what I avoid LOL but you will have a blast....go with the flow like you said and all will be fine. can't wait to hear your report on it all.

Jaz, yea breathe and relax. Just see where it all goes and if you go bonkers etc. and really need a change grab any damn job and make that change just to get out from under but I think you truly are holding up ok thru all the mess of it.

we got the big writing spiders around our house. huge suckers and scary looking but good ones. I liked your spider report

HI BLUE AND GREG

getting tired now. such hot heat is starting to suck the life out of me LOL
I think today is like 110 heat index, woof
last day here
and clouds and might rain. ugh. will see.
pack up early AM and head home and mind switches to back to school
first year high school....omg wasn't the kid just born like a year ago? 14 yrs flew by

I ate so much I almost made myself very sick
yea I packed in a ton of food and with the heat and being tired, all sat tough on my tummy

2 small cuts roast beef with au jus, decent
2 baked chicken wings, ok
a mess of old bay seasoned jumbo peel/eat shrimp in scallion butter...yummy
1 big tater wedge fried super crispy and I slathered it with beef gravy....I wanted way more but held to only 1

then a ton of crab legs and butter, I massacred those puppies

came home and sick. couldn't move. layed in bed moaning. took about 2.5 hrs before I felt human again LOL I don't regret it one bit HAHA

off to see what this day holds
  #2163   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-19, 05:43

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning! Wed- half way done! - I know! But hey I really love my weekends.

No break in the heat anytime soon. They have us under a heat advisory again today. Index 108- Ya know once it gets over 93- 95, it all feels the same. Hotter than hades. Urghhhhhh-

No gut pain this morning! Yea for small victories right? I am thinking about doing a bone broth today and maybe tomorrow to give complete gut rest. I was listening to this guy on You tube as I was falling asleep. (I always listen to You tube as I sleep). The point is this guy is also a researcher along the same lines as Jason Fung. But he too runs the longevity institute. Fasting and gut rest is key. It makes sense to me.

They are doing research on the effects of fasting on cancer and other diseases. It is very interesting.

Anyway- I know that when Trig did her soup broth she felt better. It isn't so much for weight loss but to lose some bloat and feel better. With all this heat- food laying on the stomach is unpleasant anyway.

So I am excited. Had a long conversation with my SIL. He FINALLY completing his marketing and Web design course. So I need some assistance to get mine up and running. I don't need alot of help. I have down this several times before. Once for myself and once for a friend. But I have a vision for what I want it to look like. Fun to think about. I did however already buy my domain name! YUP!
Or course it have the word DIVA in it!!!!!! HAHAH

I hit you all up in personals yesterday- I will pop in later. I want to hear how you all are doing!

Good luck in court with those kids!
Do you have to write stuff up after every visit? If so what type of charting do you do? Curious.

Have a cool one today!!!!!- literally cool.............
  #2164   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-19, 10:42

BF:

110 heat index
super sunny and killer

omg Jazz I see you are the same darn near LOL

rough isn't it

heading to beach for a swim then back. Can't do full sun today, just heated out.

back to take showers and gonna hit some famous burger place hubby wants to eat. late lunch early dinner thing since everyone ain't moving fast around here

usually 'famous' food places always let me down HAHA will see on this one later and report

woof the heat

Lori if NYC is super hot I was thinking you guys will be frying now also...ugh...no air moves between those tight streets much.
  #2165   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-19, 15:00

BF:

TRIg- The heat actually took out a 16 year old here. I went to see a patient today and she was crying hysterical. This girl was a BFF of her granddaughters. They went to the same school. I will say it is in worst area of Atlanta- and there was no water breaks or AC for these kids. I would love to say I was shocked but I am not. the patient- her AC was on the blink. She lives in a senior dump high rise and for low income and the heat is so bad it shut down one of the elevators in her apt. But HUD is is no hurry. Soooooo Sad. My patient however is elderly and was not hot- "comfortable".

Trig- I hate you had tummy trouble over food nothing worse!
Been there done that!!!!!!!!
Safe travels home. I know that switching gears form vacay to school is rough!!!!! When does she go back?

I think you and I need to do a broth day! -
I so wanted that to be today and couldn't make it. I was starving about 430- and I ate. LC- but it was LC sloppy Joe and goat cheese crumbles and a slice of avocado.

Lori- SAFE travels!!!!!!!!- It will be ok. I would suggest you pop a beer as you approach NYC to kick back and let the hubby drive, but TECHNICALLY it again the law. But hell I would be tempted if I wasn't driving. Let us know you are safe!!!!

Hey and have some fun. Just hope you don't have this OMG OPPRESSIVE HEAT

------------------------
BLUE/ NIC - Nice how was your court day/
Blue- I hope you get some pool time!

-------------------
The heat is well- I have no words and I lived in Savannah in the dead of summer for 6 months and have never encountered anything like this!!!!!

Feeling a bit better today.

Off to do my charting
Will get really serious when I am back on track. - still low fat, a bit of rice/ just a sprinkle on sloppy Joe. Not a fan of rice. It is food for the DOG......... HAHAHAHAH- I am eating DOG FOOD. Gut healing needed.

Ok- off to prop up feet. 5 hours in heat behind the wheel of a car- just done for today.
  #2166   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-19, 15:14

BF:

We made it to the Big Apple! We missed one turn, but GPS got us back on track quickly. Thank goodness for technology!

We are in our hotel and will just walk across the street for dinner. No more driving tonight. It is only 5PM, and I could go to bed. I would like to find a cold beer first.

Tomorrow morning we have to have grandson to the ballpark by 10. It isn't that far, but we're planning on an hour and hoping that's enough time.

That's it from here. Later!
  #2167   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-19, 18:54

BF:

YEA- LORI- for safe travels and a cold beer! Cheers- thinking bout you tomorrow!!!! have a blast
  #2168   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-19, 21:38

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals and pals.

Jaz---I'm a bit behind on your post I want to reference because I didn't post yesterday and that's all it takes to get behind in this bevy of bodacious women I love.

Still, wanted to tell you that from my POV, and I think everyone else's here too, no need to apologize for hard times and the need to write it out. So helpful, and I think we all do it in our individual styles.

I loved the way that post started out w/you deep in the weeds, and then you just motored yourself right up the hill as you went along and thought it out. This is the benefit of writing it out, and imo, it's so much easier to do when you feel like someone is listening. And we are! And we get it.

Can so see you as a cheer leader. Don't think I knew that, but it was a great way to say how uncomfortable it is for you to have to deal w/the negativity of your present situation. Been there. It's no fun to keep having to battle up that hill, when you think "I just did this yesterday!"

But I know we all have so much faith in you, and while we hate to see you going thru this right now, we're not worried for you in the long run, so not to worry a bit about whining/screaming your head off here when it's a great way to really see, literally in black and white, what's going thru your mind.

Trig---Can't believe you finally met some heat you don't love. To me that means it's baaaaaaaaaad. And from what I'm hearing from you and Jazz, it sounds horrible.

But also sounds you've found a way to have fun anyway. I can't believe you're coming home so soon---even I can't believe how fast it seems to have gone.

Oh, and I know about the low carb hog wilder. We don't talk about that very often, but it happens. One way or the other, our desires catch up w/us, and then we right the ship and move on, right?

Lori---Yay! You made it, you're safe and cozy at the hotel and you're in New York City! Gotta admit that's kind of exciting and certainly a change of pace. Thanx for letting us know you made it and now you can let go of some of that nervousness. Although one is always on ones toes in NYC, if you don't know it or live there.

Nic---Loved hearing about T's great job interview. Not surprised, that kid's got spunk and his own kind of spark.

And wow, your older son's adventure, along w/the GF and their list of places they will meet and visit together is just the stuff of a young person's dreams. So excited for you that you and your hubby have your plans all set out to go visit and share some of that with him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I'm in a bit of a funk. It's professionally rooted, and going thru this passage of semi-retirement. At some point I'll talk about it more, but tonight I just feel emotionally constipated w/it and need to let it play out a bit more before I share. Just suffice to say I've got the blues---and I think it's mostly because I cannot figure out right now how to answer my questions and move on from these feelings. Been this way for awhile now, but it's getting cumulative. Hopefully, eventually, things will reveal themselves to me.

On the good news side, I've lost another pound and a half. 8.5 pounds total now since I really recommitted to LC---about 3 to 4 months ago. Yes, I got on the scale, and yes I'm doing that more often these days.

Was thinking today how much I'd forgotten about being really back on the wagon, including that when one is working hard at it, one is more drawn to the scale for some proof it's working. When I was off and on, up and down, I was happy to have my clothes tell me I was at least maintaining. And in fact, it's when they started to tell me, hey girl, you're kind of blowing up here, that I got my butt back on plan.

Remember "bouncing blue?" I kind of forgot about her for about a year. Well, she's back and that's OK, it's like coming home to what you know. So when I say here I've lost weight, it's AFTER the bounce part is over and I know the loss is real.

For me it ALWAYS goes like this. I drop a pound or two. It NEVER sticks on the scale, always bounces back up, seemingly no matter what I do. So I don't rush to mention it when I see a new number, because I know it won't stay long the first time it shows up. But then...if I stick to my guns, I see it again, then again, and pretty soon, I'm seeing another new low number and the whole process starts all over again.

4 more pounds and I'll be back at my second lowest weight---which I maintained pretty much for quite awhile. And although that was 15 pounds more than my lowest ever LC weight, it was also the maintenance of a 40 pound loss and I'll be happy to see it again.

My lowest LC weight was not/is not realistic for me to maintain. To get there I had to track every morsel, carbs and cals, I put in my mouth, every day. It was a challenge on one hand, and I enjoyed parts of it. But it was too all consuming for me. In a different way, it once again, made food too important.

When I lose those 4 more pounds I'll think about what is realistic for me from there. I think losing another 5 pounds from there is realistic, but at the rate I lose these days, we won't be talking about that till we're ready to roast our turkeys.

Also, did my work out today. Finding I'm having to drag myself to it more these days than at the beginning when I was all aflutter w/the pool and the exercise possibilities. First time in years I've worked out at all.

But there's precious little time left for the pool, so I'm going to keep dragging myself down there if I have to. And Jaz LOVED your "spider's web moment under the moon" and I had a similar moment when I worked out today.

It was a halcyon summer day, sunny and cool w/just a tinge of fall to it. I had the pool to myself because I can see that others are already seeing fall walking up to the door, and the place is much quieter now.

Started my work out in a sluggish way, but as usual, picked up steam as I went. And there was this moment when I was doing this one part of my routine, when I felt like I could do it forever---and in fact did do it a lot longer than I usually do. The sky was almost neon blue, the flowers so beautiful, the sun making the water sparkle all around me, my body saying, Oh! Thank you! we needed this!

Could never have guessed I'd get there from how I felt when I went down. MUST keep that in mind when my evil twin is trying to talk me out of it.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Aug-14-19 at 21:50.
  #2169   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-19, 05:14

BF:

Good Morning all!

Blue- I love getting up and having a lovely post to read from you. I know we all are fond of your love of words and the way you have of sorting through the muck and finding the gem in a post!

I am so very glad you found some pool time. just remember when you don't "feel like it", that some of us have pool envy!!!

Gal pal- I sure hear you loud and clear on transitions and passages. They sorta suck if we let them. On the other hand I think it depends on what side you are on. I know that it feels unstable to not have the work come pouring in.
I also think the younger generation has a way of making us feel like they GOT THIS. - Or maybe that is my projection. But I am feeling a storm brewing and it has nothing to do with weather. I truly am concerned for where were all are going to end up.

That being said, I know you will NEVER retire. You might not make money doing the work you may do, but you will not sit quietly and wait for the night.
I think you have another chapter of making a difference for the things that matter close to your heart. So in freer time- devote yourself to those causes.
We need people our age to have a voice in things that matter. I know you can read between the lines here. So no, it isn't design. However, it's important too!
Maybe you could also take a FUN job, to bring in some extra $$$$?

I can't wait until I am in a position to be able to do that. Take a FUN job. I think a TJ's position would be fun. I just love that place. At any rate I am not worried about you either. You are one strong lady! I love that!
Chin up, and put on some lipstick and go!

TRIG- You are most likely on your way home today. If I know you, you have taken one last beach walk. Getting every last ounce of summer out your vacay.
Then like you said, you will focus on the task at hand. School! First day of High school!!!!!!- That is a BIG deal!
I am up before the sun. Today is a FULL day. This is most likely the only time I will get to get here. I already know I will be late in charting as well. I am just sucking it up and getting through it.

NIC-- hey how was your day yesterday? I love reading about your busy life!!!!!! Don't stop writing!

Lori- Adventures in the big city!

Hey Greg
-----------------------------------------------------------
Today I have a 2 hour f2f with my manager. 2 hours, seriously? FOR WHAT??????........ Breath Jazzer breathe....... I will get through it.
Add that to 3 appts. all are long and non English speaking, meaning I need to use the language line for an interpreter.
I have learned that for the most part Asians do NOT like us up in their business.

They tolerate me coming. I am in no way being racist here. I just recognize the cultural difference, they are private people.
We on the other had will vomit information to anyone that will listen. Just my day in a nut shell.

I have been off LC for the past almost week and feel it. It doesn't feel good either. I am just trying like mad to get my body in align.
I know doing one day of a fast of broth would be SO SO healing. I just haven't done it yet.

Maybe today. I need to put that chicken remains bones in the crock pot and get some rich broth. I will today- that sounds good. I will toss in a bag of frozen veggies for flavor and then skim it all off. Fresh chicken broth really is so good.

I am going to do my hair this weekend. I am thinking of going up a color and going more blond than red. I think I look better a bit lighter as I age. I will let ya all know.

DD update- She will be taking the med to "pass" everything. We will all be on stand by in case I need to go urgently for her to have a DNC. They would be surgery and a overnight. So the possibility of me taking flight to Greenville is high. This also makes my tummy hurt.
Prayers that it all goes the way it should without much fanfare (PAIN). Sighhhhhhhhhh-

Did you all see the Wall Street dump?????- They said it hasn't done that since 2007. I know that this country can't go through another 2008/2009 situation. I might need to unplug for a few days from the news. URGHHHH-

Ok all- into the day!!
  #2170   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-19, 06:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Hugs to you with stress up to your ears. I hope your long day goes well today, I really do, and that your tummy can put up with it all.

Special loving vibes to your DD.

RE: dumping cable.. I would get Youtube TV. Check it out. And I've never heard of a Fall Spider!

Hope your SoIL can help you with the website. I think we took two very different paths. Since I bought my domain from GoDaddy they had a really easy site builder thing. I think your is having to be done from scratch.

Lori- Have a great time in NYC. I really love that city, as long as I'm not in a touristy area.

Trig- Your crab meal sounds absolutely amazing, even if you did eat yourself to feeling sick. That part sounds decidedly less good. Safe travels home!

Blue- Hugs to you while you adjust to this semi-retired period. It does seem to be ever shifting for you, but I know this meeting you had last week took some wind from your sails. Sit with it and turn it in your head for a while. I've known you long enough to know that you will come out with a different perspective in time and a new approach to happiness.

GIRL look at you dropping pounds! I am picking them up for you! No really though I am super pleased for you. Well done. You do it in your own way and your own time but it happens for you nonetheless!

Glad that you are still getting some enjoyment from the pool even if it doesn't call to you quite as loudly as it did.

••••••••

Really sorry for you guys getting hit so hard with the heat down south. We are humid but temps are in the 80s, which is nice. I can feel a touch of Fall coming- not so much in the temps quite yet but a few leaves are starting to drop (also from dry conditions) and the greens are no longer bright but tired looking. It is turning dusk by around 8 PM now too.

Yes, I do believe a recession is coming as well. It was expected really, and it's cyclical but it is still horrendously hard on people. I've been hearing for a while about the mortgage debt creeping up and up, and the consumer debt creeping up and up which are indicators of where we were headed. Crossing fingers that we all get through this just fine.

We have been in that halcyon phase the last few days here at my house where all the kids are happy, love each other and want to spend time together. The conflict between the two boys (which was really just with T adjusting to the GF and whatever else he had to work through) has passed and they are in a really good place again. The three kids went out for the afternoon yesterday, and then DD and SoIL came over for dinner (last of DS20's meals: tortellini carbonara) and then they all went outside and were playing frisbee. The fam has pulled together to really see DS20 off well- filled with time and love and favorite foods. I can't believe that we leave for the airport this afternoon around 1. It will be a full day for DH and I as it will take a while to get there- then go in and see him through checking his bag and off to security, then a couple of hours of traffic to get back home from that part of DC. And then I won't see him again until the tail end of October.. at which point he will be 21!!

Had my first online class yesterday. It was easy. I do need to go back and do the activity though. So many people were in the house yesterday that I could not think!! It was good- the kids were in the living room with T playing the piano and they were singing etc - but not a good time to try to be writing goals and objectives! I will sit down in some quiet on Friday to get that done before moving on to the next lesson. Lessons are posted Wednesday and Friday. And btw this is not a hard class at all- more like a continuing ed type class.

I have to get DS17 up for his dentist appt soon. I guess that is more or less it.
  #2171   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-19, 16:55

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---Looking forward to the next installment of LC gal in NYC!

Nic---Honestly, your fam stories of late just squeeze my heart. What a joy for you to have them all surrounding your departing son w/love and fun, sibling tension in their rearview mirror. Although I do feel an empathetic mama tug in my heart w/you having to hug your son goodbye today and wait for 2 months for another one. Every time we drop my son back off at the airport after a visit I get all teary eyed.

I've never taken an on-line course before, and depending on the subject matter I guess, it sounds interesting and kind of fun to me. I wish there were more good on-line programs for designers. They're pretty scanty and expensive, but I think I would really enjoy that.

Jaz---I enjoy your stories about the people you are helping and the challenges and rewards of dealing w/different cultures. Totally understand you mean nothing racist here. I had a boss once who grew up in China and spent his early adulthood there as well. He was insanely talented and a very nice man, but yeah, there were cultural differences in the way he responded to things, and you had to figure that out and not take it personally. We got along well because we both worked at it and so in the end, it was a rewarding experience, one that taught me a lot.

Sometimes it's simply refreshing to take some days off the woe, and I have noticed that it can be good for bathroom issues too. Of course for we carb hounds the fear is always we'll spin off from the mother ship and float around in the carb universe for evermore. Which is why I love LCOW, always a helping hand available to help reel you back in.

Trig--- Bet you're on the road or just home. Ugh---re-entry. Rocket burn. So much work to get away and a lot when you come back. Good thing the in-between is so worth it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On plan day for me, and I did my pool work out again. Today I really felt like it and it was great.

Lately I'm doing my iced coffee and cream, a small LC snack and then dinner. It's not OMAD but it's close and really suiting me right now.

Had another LC reward today. I wore my "inspiration dress" to a meeting and felt great in it. Bought it on clearance at TJ Maxx and mentioned it here a couple of weeks ago. Just a nice simple knit t-shirt dress, but w/some cut to it, not a boxy thing. Looked OK on when I bought it, but thought it would look better 5 pounds down, so hung it on the back of my bedroom door. Another trick I forgot to use for too long.

Well, haven't lost 5 pounds since I bought it, but have lost close to 2, so this morning, trying to figure out what to wear, I decided to try it on. VOILA! It floated down over me like a butterfly, lololololol!

And it made me think, again, that while we will probably never be able to shed the scale entirely, there's lots more happening than what it tells you, and your efforts are being rewarded in ways it can't tell you.

For me, again I think sustained LC eating "re-arranges" the body in ways the scale doesn't note, and I think my work outs, which are tamer and gentler than anything I used to do by far, are STILL snapping the old bod in.
  #2172   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-19, 05:46

BF:

Good morning!

Slept in until nearly 7 since we were a bit late getting back from watching the Yankees get their butts kicked last night.

I guess we crawled into bed about 10:30. That's late for me!

Today we were supposed to go on a walking tour, but have cancelled. The logistics were just to hard and stressful to work out. We decided to let DGS16 sleep in and just take our time this morning. We'll check out late morning and head to the ballpark. He doesn't play until 4:30 but has to be there at 2.

After his game tonight we are driving about an hour to a different part of the city for the weekend games. Yet another hotel! We'll be heading home by noon on Sunday. We will probably miss his last game, but DH wants to get home in the afternoon.

Ok...infusing coffee. Have good days!
  #2173   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-19, 05:58

BF:

Lori, hope NYC is treating you well.

Jaz I do feel for ya. Your job just sounds so tedious and it will be interesting to see what goes down for you. Are you still actively checking new jobs out there? Anything catching your eye at all?
The heat is deadly, I so hear ya!! Even this heat lover is now ready for a break, the beach broke me a bit...the 110 heat index melted me LOL While I hate to see it go, some cooler temps would be sweet.

Nicco I love your family posts
Everything sounds so cozy at your home, adopt me please HAHA
I was wondering on your DH? How is he faring still with his problem?

Blue, SO TRUE. LC makes one learner and meaner and the body changes. Absolutely as long as we keep the fluffy body carbs away from us You are doing SO well...you keep it up. Happy your inspiration dress made you smile!!

So what is doing with work? I know you had a bad presentation with a client but is that just it or are you in that semi-retired phase where your heart isn't truly in a lot of work and your mind is more into skimming it down but it doesn't seem to be a good fit for ya? One foot in and one out? Not sure which way to lean? Just wondering here LOL

HI Greg..do a check in, let me know what is doing with ya!!!

hey all
very tired after this trip
laundry going already this morning
unpack rv a bit later

I can't open my eyes yet LOL I am SO sleepy.

today is fast run to grocery in a while
few things to restock, not much
have to vacuum pool etc. but I might not be awake later to handle that today LOL

I never thought of a 'LC hog wilder' but that is what I did blew out my guts on it all cause I have 0 interest in food right now. Like I ate so much, got sick from it all and I want nothing now. Stopped a fast food burger joint on way home and I got a double bacon cheese with no bun and 1/2 way thru it I couldn't eat another bite, not that it was good ya know LOL it was blah but my gut said YOU ARE DONE MISSY and honestly I AM SO sick of food right now.

Fasting for a few days. I feel so wonderful off food and I must do a fast to save me Today is a ton of water, protein shake if wanted, broth later and tons more water.

Day 1 fast....will let ya know how it goes down

signing off...gotta go get my head on straight and some sleep LOL
ugh

great day all
  #2174   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-19, 06:57

BF:

TGIF!!!!

LORI- I am so used to seeing you here bright and early!!! But I know you are up and having fun in the "big city!!!" Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

TRIG-- bet today is laundry and clan the camper day, and tomorrow!!!! HAHAHAH
When does the kiddo start school? Have is she feeling about it?

NIC- - A house full of noise and love, nothing better!!!! - Today is your quiet day, but you have work! I am glad you are enjoying your class!
I bet you did have the heart strings tug. But oh think about your DS20. Like a horse waiting to begin a the race!!!!- can't wait to get out of the stall!!!!- What fun he will have. You did well momma!!!!

Blue- - I love that you are getting in some new clothes!!!- That is very inspirational. I so agree that the scale is just a PART of the total picture. Just a tool. Thankfully I am no longer hooked on it!!!!!!!-
You are doing SO SO SO well....... call it what you want- I call it mojo!!!!!!! -
----------------------------------------------------------
So happy that today is Friday! - There have been a few job developments. Believe it or not - they are positive. My medical director friend who is trying like mad to get me a position told me she has 3 cases that need my attention now. And reached out to me to ask me who the director of my dept is.

She wrote to her and told her she wanted to "borrow" me a few hours a week to assist her. Well- this lady is so far up the company that my director was drooling- LOLOLOLOL
Gosh I hate politics- I just do my job. But it was amusing to watch how that went down. It gets better. So the director of my dept reached out to my manager and told her to take me out to lunch and play nice.
That happened yesterday. My manager was all over herself apologizing, even crying. She said it was so upsetting to her I was not happy.

Can you believe all this?????- Omg- the drama of butt kissing. I just want to do a good job for my medical director friend. She even ask me yesterday if I had to run the program how would I do it differently. - So I told her.
Sighhhhhh..... I truly am not political in the work area. But I do get that there is some of that. It's gross to see people sell out over a position or people. I know my office is no different than anywhere USA- goes on EVERYWHERE.

WOE- I have had a break- time to come home! I feel better though. I love to FEEL physically better. Maybe because work just took a turn and it's FRIDAY??????? HAHAHAHAH-

At any rate- I am going with the flow. I am having Lori's fave for dinner tonight- CHICKEN WINGS!!!!- HAHAHAHAH-

I will have salad with it. I have some romaine I need to use or lose.
Still in the mid 90's here but we have lost SOME of the humidity, break out the sweaters!!!!! NOT- so ready for FALL!!!!- Need a change of scenery even if it is just a seasonal change!

I think I am getting back on track with my "issues"- normal.

I am feeling more optimistic about alot of things. The biggie is that I think they are going to not push me to the point of the ledge at work. This way I can continue to put my money away for that rainy day. I have 5 months of funds built up right now that if I am let go right now- I am ok. That is a huge relief.
I would like to build that up to a year. Then I want to get my car paid off. I like having money goals.
Goals are good.

I need to build some fun in here too. Still thinking where I want to put my energy. I tried the card club, not so much. Thought about a class (not pottery)- like a yoga or dance class. Something I can just drop in and do.

So there is a church, I know eyeroll insert here. But it is a Methodist church and I have been meaning to visit. The pastor is a woman and I like her. They also have a singles class. I am out what, a couple hours? What I do like is they are very involved in community projects. I could get into something like that.
They are part of the homeless agenda and looking for volunteers to coordinate programs for those homeless with children. I could get behind something like that.

Ok- off into my day. Oh- NIC, I went to Go Daddy too
but choose the Word press option because it has a blogger component where the beaver builder didn't. I may revisit that.

Have a great day all
  #2175   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-19, 07:00

BF:

Cross posted with Lori/ Trig!!!!!!- Morning Ladies !!!!!!!!

Yup I knew today is laundry for you TRIG

Lori- OMG, yet more moving around??? Whew!!!!- Busy!
Closed Thread