Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 22:00

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousesmom
Wonderful to see you two tonight Glenda and Steph! Now we just have to figure out what happened to Jude?!?!?

JUDE - We missed you!!

Janet - hope you are feeling better

To all - Red Robin was a perfect choice - a more secluded table next time would be good.

Julie

LOL - I didn't look around that thoroughly but I have a feeling that a more secluded table would either be in a restroom or in the parking lot!

Jude, we really did miss you - we were even going to pick your brain re creme fraiche!

Red Robin worked really well - it's always great to find a place that is willing to make almost any substitution you can dream up!

Forgive me Julie, I had to let Elle know that you, a dedicated non-baker, tried her cookies and that you were impressed! I may have exaggerated a little in the interests of humour - hence the need for forgiveness!

hugs ....
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 22:21

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Jude...we missed you...Hope you are OK...I was a bit worried!

LOVE Red Robin...Next time we'll bag a booth...all cosy-like...

I'll order the chicken burger because I think the beef burger has something in it that is making me sneeze! (seasoning salt?MSG?)
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 22:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Ok, that's just plain weird.

I was in Red Robin (behind Staples, Tolmie & Oak, right?) from 5:10 to at least 6:30, talked to the girls up front twice about meeting 3 maybe 4 other ladies at 5:30 and they assured me any groups of 3-4 women looking for anyone else, like a 4th, would be directed to me. And I toured the place when I stuck my head up and realized it was 5:45, once clockwise and once widdershins. How could we possibly have missed each other?! Hmmmmm, did you tell them you were meeting another? Did you maybe assume I wasn't there yet?

They stuffed me in the back (I did ask for a bench or a booth where I could watch the front, but the two sweet young things weren't having any of it) at the 2nd table from the Tolmie/Oak corner, within sight of the food passthrough and behind the bar.

Had a fine plate of dry S&P ribs with a side of mayo (a so-called appy, but pretty filling) while waiting with 4 menus on the table...and yes, I missed you, too. And I would never just ditch y'all...I'd have let one of you know somehow...

Very very weird. I guess we need a better way of contacting at the last mo...maybe the cell phone trick? I did realize I hadn't put your blackberry number into my addy book, Julie; it's on a post-it note somewhere around here (how useless is that?)...

Sigh.

#49   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 23:04

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Oh DAMN Jude ... yes, we did let them know and there was a 4th menu at our table the whole time! What a screw-up! I came in about 5;25 and Julie was sitting on the bench at the door, then Steph came in and we decided that when you came, you'd see us or we'd see you come in - we were at a table with a good view of the parking lot and the entry. DAMN!!!!! Next time one of us will have to wear fluorescent balloons or something!!!! Or maybe we have to agree on a name to ask for to be sure we get together. Or maybe we just have to go to your restaurant? (works for me!)

hugs anyway ....

By the way, re the creme fraiche, can you keep it long term? Even if you don't use it for awhile? Like, can you keep a TBS or so, in the fridge and maybe feed it periodically with a little fresh cream stirred in? I assume it doesn't freeze successfully ....
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 00:29

BF:

OMG JUDE!!! I can't believe the screw-up!!! What the duck?????!!
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 08:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

OMG! How on earth did we miss each other... Your number isn't in my BB any more and I did try your home number but of course got no answer.

I told the girl on the desk when I arrived that I was waiting for THREE people and specifically asked for a table for FOUR stating again that we were missing you. We even delayed ordering telling them yet again that you weren't there... WTH??????

Jude - can you PM me your cell and I will add it in.

Julie
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 08:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendarc
Forgive me Julie, I had to let Elle know that you, a dedicated non-baker, tried her cookies and that you were impressed! I may have exaggerated a little in the interests of humour - hence the need for forgiveness!

hugs ....

Glenda you are forgiven about the blabbing to Elle..... I'm sure you two had a nice LOL at my expense ;~)

see you soon, Julie
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 10:29

BF:

I just woke up and I'm still upset at missing Jude last night.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 12:04

BF:

I guess we will have to meet in the foyer next time to be sure we all hook up!!!

;~(

Julie