Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 08:43
annie

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy

Hi all,
This is my first time on this forum. I keep bounding between Grey Sheet, Sugar Addicts Recovery Program,
low carb/no carb diets. I know that grains put weight on me. I tried so hard to "heal my sugar addictionn"
as per Sugar Addicts Recovery Program but all I did was
put on weight. It seems that I can't stay on anything very long (past 4 weeks) and I don't get results so I
give up.

I am 50 years old and for the past 3 years I have been
unable to lose weight. I'm not much of an exercizer.
I was hoping for some support, suggestions, etc. so I
came here.

I live in New Jersey, USA. Anyone else in the NYC area?

Thanks,
Annie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 09:36
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Annie,
How about cooking? I think adding variety, creativity and taste will help you stick to the plan. That's how I learned to cook

Exercise is important, but not neccarily the gym type. A daily walk can do wonders to boost your metabolism. Keep us posted on your progress.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 10:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Smile Hi, Annie!

Wa'il is right, a little mild exercise goes a long way (now if only I could follow my own advice!). And learning some new recipies (not necessarily hard or complicated ones) can add a huge amount of variety and interest to a low-carb lifestyle. I'm quite happy with eating a lot of stir fries, but it's nice to know there are more adventurous recipies I can try if I want, maybe for special occasions.

I actually find my diet now more varied and interesting than when I was eating 'regularly,' with just a few simple additions and changes. Check out our recipie sections and recipie/ideas discussions. There's absolutely no reason to be bored with low-carb eating!

Also, it sounds like you're a slow loser - so am I, and so are lots of people on this board. I figure slow progress is better than none, and even no progress, in terms of weight loss, is better than gaining! Stick with it, don't expect overnight miracles, and think that you're improving your overall health, not just trying to lose weight. Most of us here have realized we're in for the long haul, and are simply enjoying the process!

Rachel