Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-01, 17:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/147/125
BF:
Progress: 52%
Question

I see we have a new ASDLC forum that is posting the messages from the usenet group. It is making it more difficult for me to read the actual Low Carber forum messages! Am I the only one? I always just click on the link that says to read new messages - now all the ASDLC messages are showing up and i have to look through them to find the other messages. I read ASDLC on usenet, at first I thought I was going crazy - talk about deja vu!!

Would it be possible to take a poll to see what everybody thinks? Is there a way I can set it up not to show these messages? I think it may get confusing when people try to reply to these messages too and wonder why they don't get responses.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-01, 17:27

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi deirdre. i have the daily low carber forum saved as a favourite. so when i click on to low carber, i come right to this forum. all the messages that are new since my last visit have an arrow. to view asdlc i have to go in to the main lowcarber forum and then into asdlc. i don't know if this makes any sense to you. i'm running windows me and i'm relatively new to computers.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-01, 17:45

BF:

That makes sense to me Debbie. Only thing is I'd have to set up a favourite for each forum. What I have now is a button on my toolbar that goes to the main forum page, then I click on "read new messages" or something like that, and it shows all the new messages in all the forums, which worked really well, but now there are lots of new messages in the ASDLC forum.

I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, just curious what others think.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-01, 18:10

BF:

what i do deirdre is just save the daily lowcarber. then i just navigate to the mainlowcarber forum to visit the other boards.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-01, 19:07

Plan:
Stats: 203/122/128
BF:
Progress:

Do you mean you see both groups posts mixed together? That seems very odd. I as well have each of my groups in my bookmarks and directly go to each one. Hope saving them works for you!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-01, 19:11

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Oh duh me, I just went searching for it and seen its here now?? Wow how did ya do that? lol I post there as well but use Outlook express as my newsreader.

Then guess I don't have to make a new post about how I updated my photos
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 00:06
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by Deirdre

Would it be possible to take a poll to see what everybody thinks? Is there a way I can set it up not to show these messages? I think it may get confusing when people try to reply to these messages too and wonder why they don't get responses.

Dierdre, yes, all members can create polls to see what people think about anything. Just click on new thread, type a title, then all the way at the bottom click on "create a poll" and set the number of options on it. Give it a try, for ASDLC or anything else.

Regarding ASDLC, I didn't know it is selected for the "new messages" thing. If that's what bothers you, I can fix that, to ignore new messages in the ASDLC.

Wa'il
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 00:13
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Tinakaye

Then guess I don't have to make a new post about how I updated my photos

I just added the ASDLC for members convenience, I doubt most will even read it, too high a traffic, SPAM (even with filters I added) and noise, so please post anything of interest here, otherwise we might miss it.

Regarding the new pics, umm, ahem, would you marry me?

Wa'il

#9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 03:17
Forum Founder

O.K, Deirdre, give it a try now, the "view new messages" should no show any ASDLC messages now .

Wa'il
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 03:46

BF:
Wink

Thanks Wa'il! I hope it's ok with everyone else!!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 07:03

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Lol okay, I just didn't want to be redunant in my posting is all

Whoohoooo that is the 4th marriage proposal I've gotten since putting up that new photo yesterday. I think I like this being thin thing!!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 12:37

BF:

wow tina, you're a fox!! what a beautiful picture of a beautiful person! you make a great poster child for us. i just find you such an inspiration. thanks tina!!