Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 03:01

Plan:
Stats: 206/174/155
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy

Hi there everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I have been lurking in and reading posts, and am a bit concerned. I Have only been on the Atkins for a couple of months now, but I've dropped 30 pounds. Everyone else that's posting has lost 5,10 or 13 or so... I am not "starving" by any means (you should see all the eggs I eat! I'm never hungry) and I have been on and off of it. Not strict induction by any means. Why did I drop the weight so quickly? I know I have age on my side at 26 years old... but isn't this too rapid? Am I doing something wrong and does anyone think I should ask my doctor about it? My energy level has been great lately as my doc got me on some really inclusive vitamins. I don't feel sick... don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I don't want to do things that are unhealthy either. Any ideas? I'm an R.N. and the damn thing's got me baffled. I have to go to England in June to see an old friend. I'd love toi drop the last 20 between now and then!

-Kris
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 03:08
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Chandelier, welcome aboard, and congrats on your success!!! I'd say because you've been doing it for a couple of months you lost 50 lbs, while others tried it it for a couple of weeks and lost 5-12 lbs. We all react differently, I lost 50 lbs in my first month, but then I was at 400+ lbs.

No need for concern, as long as you eat enough and not starving. Way to go!!!

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 07:08

Plan:
Stats: 203/122/128
BF:
Progress:
Cool

Lol I wouldn't be worried, but I would be thanking my lucky stars for such a killer metabolism! Totally awesome results and a big congrats to you!