Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 08:42
Canuck Conundrum

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/000/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:?///?
Progress: 275%
Default Sam's Gotta Move Log

Okay....It's day two of our Fitness Challenge, so I thought I would come over here and at least commit myself to entering what meager acticvity I do each day.

To call it a gym log may be overstating things...lol but nonetheless, I will fling in here what I do.

Got a headstart on the challenge by having a good brisk 3 k walk Saturday, and another slightly shorter one on Sunday. It was more mental preparation than anything I think.

I used to powerwalk 5k a day...religiously. Got lazy when winter came and here I am....sedentary and knowing it isn't what got me here...so I need to get going.

My plan is to keep walking as a focus, just for general cardio and health. I bought some weights to do upper body, and will start Pilates soon. I am also looking at the Matthews Method.

My nine year old son wants to exercise with me...dunno how long that will last, but I like that he wants to. We have agreed that we will alternate our time doing whatever our schedule allows, trying to mix up cardio and weights properly. Some nights if we are feeling lazy...or just like having some fun, we will put on music and just dance! The agreement is that we DO something.

Tuesday nights will be "off" nights. It's a very busy night in our lives with Beavers and Cubs...a late night to begin with...so a good choice for a night off.

So....here we go.

Last night, day one, we did my old Tae Bo tape. I hate it. Won't do it again. I never did like it, i'm totally uncoordinated and I need something that I understand how to do so that I can concentrate on doing it right. Walking was scheduled but it snowed and was freezing, so it was a quick alternative.
Upside is that I worked up a sweat and it was better than nothing.

Today....day 2 is conveniently "off" night. Trust me, running around after 25 little Beavers age 5 - 7 is exercise enough!!!...lol

Sam
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 07:21
Canuck Conundrum

Stats: 283/000/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:?///?
Progress: 275%

Alas....day off didn't work, and I couldn't be happier.

Ended up having to walk to Beavers last night, and I was thrilled. Kind of like forced exercise....lol. It's about a mile and a half walk...and I made it a brisk one, not to mention that I was carrying a briefcase that has gotta weight at least 10 lbs.

Okay...off to day 3!!

Sam
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 07:39
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Yea SAM!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 19:05

Plan: Slim in 6
Stats: 232/????/162 Female 5'7"
BF:too much :-)
Progress: 74%
Default Walking Tape

Sam,

I saw where you were doing this challenge and just read your posts.I seen that you hate the tai bo and if I could suggest a great exercise tape that takes up no room and needs no co-ordination it is the Leslie Sansone 3 mi. walk.She adds weights about 1 1/2 mi. into it.Of course,you can always do a shorter walk or a modified version.It is wonderful and something i don't dread.She also has out a 1 and 2 mi. tape but why not get the 3 and do what you can each day you do it,building up as you go.Mine was $6.99 at Target but I think amazon has it,too. I hope this helped and even if you don't do it it may work for someone reading your journal.

Take care and keep up the good work
Linda
PS. Your son will most likely love doing this ,too!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 19:33

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 185/180/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Sam!
Just have to comment on Leslie Sansone's tapes. We love them too. I agree with getting just the 3 mile and working up to it. It won't take any time at all and it's a great workout. I get a good cardio and work muscle groups that don't normally get attention with my usual outdoor walking. I could just see the neighbors faces watching me pump those weights up in the air while walking. But hey, it works!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 08:35
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Quote:
When I was about 5 years old, I was running down the street calling to my friend, mouth wide open ( as usual...and nothing has changed!) and a June Bug....velcro feet included.....flew into my mouth and I swallowed it. Ever since then, if I even hear one buzzing in the grass anywhere near....I head for the hills!

YIKES this is like a horror story *shudder* but you cracked me up with your comment above...this and Sherri's wedgie story this morning gave me my stomach workout already

Have to watch workers this morning at a neigbors..she is getting an alarm system put in and she went on vacation. My forum time is at 8 and my exercise..how can she bother me with this hehehee. Oh well. Hopefully the workers are eye candy..then it makes it worth while.

Have a good day

love ya

hugs Mischa
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 13:07

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 185/180/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Sam,
YES!!! This site / server is extremely slow today!!! What gives????
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 22:20

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

Hi Sam... wanted to stop by and cheer you on!!! Go! Go! Go! Stop by sometime...
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 17:14
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Sam, thank you for the nice visit today. Made me smile brighter than the toothy rendition in my new Avatar. I hope you will find time to visit again. YOUR smile decorates every journal it touches nicely!
Thanks, again!