Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 12:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Unhappy One month on Atkins havnt lost any weight in 2 weeks HELP!!!

I dont no whats going on I was loosing ok the first three weeeks now nothing for two weeks. The only thing I changed in my diet about 2 1/ 2 weeks ago I started having SF jello With heavy cream I still had three carbs left every day so Id have desert.Im still on the induction & my keto sticks are still dark.Oh & I did start the pills for yeast acidopholus or somthing like that. On Sunday I started using my stair stepper 15 minutes a day.Can aspertame cause slow or no weight loss I was having SF CAL FREE Flavored water.Im going to cut out the jello & the flavored water.HELP what can help jump start my weight loss again...Im so discouraged to see the scales not move last weeek I thought I lost 5 pnds per the scale but I was sick & couldnt eat once I started eating again the scale was back up 5 pnds. Ive lost a total of 12 pnds In five weeks.I have lost inches thow

3 inches from stomache
4 inches from waist
3 1/2 inches from hips
3 inches bust
for a total of =13 inches

how can the inches be going but not the weight I just barely started excersising Sunday.Ive been constipated this week too.Someone please help me figure this out help me figure out a way to get out of this stall.
THANK YOU
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 12:47

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: One month on Atkins havnt lost any weight in 2 weeks HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by melanie 27
how can the inches be going but not the weight I just barely started excersising Sunday.

Melanie, first off, welcome to the forum. Second - breath. You're doing great! Fat loss is not a constant slide downward - just as it wasnt a straight progression up. The body needs to adjust to a new size - it likes to take it's own sweet time. I bet you didnt gain the weight in 6 weeks - it's not coming off that fast either. And this is a good thing. You need the time it takes to lose the fat to learn new behaviours, a new WOE. Otherwise we'd just put the fat back on once we reached goal.

A few pointers:

You never lose inches and fat at the same time. It is one or the other. Frankly, I'd rather lose inches - no one but the people on this Forum know what I weigh - but everyone sees my butt

Aritificial Sweeteners can cause some people to stall. There's an article by Doreen under Low Carb Tips (located in orange highlight at the top of every page) that you should read - article is called "Artificial Sweetners".

There is also one up there called "Intestinal health" (also by Doreen). It is filled with good advice on what to do to help constipation.

Your slow down or pause (whatever you want to call it - but don't call it a stall !!) could be caused by a) the constipation b) the artificial sweetner c) your body needing a breather d) your body shedding some water and losing inches instead and e) a little bit of all of the above.

Be a little more patient with yourself - you're doing great.

One final suggestion - be sure you're getting your water. 64 oz a day and 8 oz for every 25 lbs you want to lose. The more water you drink the better - it's the water that flushes out the toxins. Water can also help alleviate the constipation. If your ketostix are dark its usually a sign of dehydration - not better fat burning. As far as those stix are concenrned, trace / light and deep are all the same - ketosis is ketosis is ketosis.

HTH
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 12:48

BF:

CAN someone move this to general topics I accidently put it here
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 13:26

BF:

Thank you!!! I feel better I think its a combination of all gthose things. I changed my artifical sweetner to splenda hopethat helps. & I think I was not drinking enough water this week.Again thank you so much I feel better I just gotta remember slow loss is long term loss right? Id rather loose it slow then to fast & gain it back.. This WOE I love it is the new me..I havnt cheated at all in 5 weeeks I havnt even wanted suger.My friend is on tenuate a diet aid & is dropping weight fast so I gotta keep my head in tact & rember its better to loose it slow Ive done the adepex diet pills before dropped weight quik then gained twice as much back after I stopped the pills.So I am totally in love with this WOE because the pills arnt doing it for me Im completly loosing this on my own no diet pills or potions just a new WOE..Im so glade I found this forums..... Thank you a bunch!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-02, 16:12

Stats: 268/238/145
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
no one but the people on this Forum know what I weigh - but everyone sees my butt

LOL..So true....

I too had the problem you are seeing about not loosing. I think the intial weight loss for me was water. My body and my metabolism was very resistant to this WOE my first time through. I was on induction longer than suggested to completely detox my system of carbs.

I've always said I don't care what the scales say, as long as I am the size I want to be. AND I fell better!

I haven't lost any weight in a week, but my DH put his arms around me today and said I was getting skinny...that's much better than listening to the scales any day!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 12:56

BF:

Im happy to report since that post Two weeks ago Ive lost 4.5 pnds I was 203 now 198.5 finally below 200..YIPPEE It turns out THAT TOM was on its way again so that explanes the short stall plus NAT was right about the water.now im drinking 128 oz or more a day & I feel great!!!! I returned to induction today just to get all those atrificial sweetners & sodium outa my system Im still in ketosis I just felt after a week of LC deserts last week Id get rid of the suger cravings on induction. My HUBBY has lost 20 pnds so far We both feel great & he compliments how thin im starting to look that a long way off but its nice to here the compliments to no your doing good. Im so proud of him he resisted ice cream last night.I gave him his SF jello instead.Im giving my daycare kids that ice cream today to get it outa here a brother in our church gave it to hubby last night lolol poor HUBBY...what a temptation for him.. lolol