Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 07:21

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 168/153/140 Male 5 feet 3 inches short
BF:
Progress: 54%

Congrats on your first week everyone! Great numbers....Souch Beach really works hey? Keep it up!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 07:38
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginyer
I would still love a couple of glasses of wine in the evening, but have tried before and I just don't lose if I do that...

FYI- On South Beach...when in phase II, we are allowed 1 glass of wine with dinner. Did it occur to you to have one glass instead of a couple?

Way to go on your loss this week!!
  #138   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 07:56

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

Welcome Alegria....this forum is a wonderful place for support and information!

Judy, if I go out to dinner, I will have a glass and count it in my carbs for the day....but if I keep it at home one will turn to two, and on and on.. So works best for me not to have it at home and just treat myself occasionally at a dinner out. But I still whine occasionally...
Anita
  #139   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 08:04
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
But I still whine occasionally

no carbs or cals in this kind of whine!!
  #140   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 08:12

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

Anita: It's great to have another whiner in the group! And imagine 4 lbs gone! You guys insire me.

Fluffy: Five lbs gone! Now imagine 5 lbs of butter, gone off your body. That is 5 lbs of fat!

Demi: Seven lbs obliterated, how cooool is that! We'll be seeing a lot less of you in the days to come!

Judy: Thanks for the heads up on the wine. As opposed to my "whine".

JandL: Man you are just barreling through those lbs. And eating well in the balance. Good on ya.

Anne: Thanks for the support. Your menu sounds delicious. Keep up the good work. Being prepared is always the best defense.

Alegria: Welcome, we love the company. The folks here are so friendly and supportive and we are all getting started again. You can do this, and perfection is not the goal. We are making this our new lifestyle. And we are so happy to have you with us.

Jili: Wishing you all of the success in the world. Remember to come here often to get your support "fix". Remember that we are on your side!

Foxy: Thanks for the support, How is the lc thing going for you?

As for me, I weigh next Monday. It is probably my imagineation but it looks to me like I am the slightest bit smaller just under my bustline. Maybe my double chin is a little smaller too. I can't wait for the day that I start seeing a few curves instead of a few bulges!

Last edited by joesfolks : Mon, Jul-31-06 at 08:37.
  #141   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 08:30

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 222/222/175 Female 5 ft. 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybuddy! What a nice group
  #142   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 09:34
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Wow excellent losses folks, way to go!!!!

Yeah everything is ok thank you Joes. Like any plan sometimes you hit set points, and that's where I am right now, my scale is bouncing for a number of reasons, TOM (ALWAYS put on a minimum of 3lbs when tom comes around, can be up to 5lbs!!) and also, I recently gave up smoking, so my weight is being a little stubborn, but it's not detering me, I'm still doing my best, and eventually I know things will improve.
Any way of life can be challenging, but that's what makes it more interesting! If losing weight was simple, then I wouldn't be learning anything, at least this way it's coming off slowly and giving me chance to learn how to change my life accordingly!

Anyway, good luck to those of you who are entering into your second week - congratulations on making the first one such a success!!
  #143   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 10:36

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 128/128/110 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Ok, I weighed this morning - I'm down 5lbs! I am so happy and excited. It's easy to forget that you actually DO lose weight and get to eat delicious food all day long!

Joesfolks - you are such an awesome "cheerleader". I can't tell you how nice it is to log on and see all your kind comments to everyone. Yay for you for passing up all those forbidden goodies!

We're half-way through induction. Yay us!!!
  #144   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 17:57

Plan: SugerBusters
Stats: 275/205/145 Female 5'4"
BF:http://tickers.Tic
Progress: 54%

Down 3 more pounds this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like y'all are doing well too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you all soon!!!!!
  #145   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 18:35

Nike great job on the 3 lbs. We knew you could do it.
  #146   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 19:38
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by annedifebb
Ok, I weighed this morning - I'm down 5lbs! I am so happy and excited. It's easy to forget that you actually DO lose weight and get to eat delicious food all day long!

Joesfolks - you are such an awesome "cheerleader". I can't tell you how nice it is to log on and see all your kind comments to everyone. Yay for you for passing up all those forbidden goodies!

We're half-way through induction. Yay us!!!

Excellent!!

Now don't forget to change your current weight in your profile!!!

Your doing great!!!
  #147   ^
Old Tue, Aug-01-06, 05:42

Good morning everyone. Just wanted to stop by early and encourage you all to be prepared for this blistering hot day. Take plenty of water with you where ever you go. It will keep you hydarated and facilitate all our weight loss efforts. I wouldn't want anyone to get stuck in a traffic jam without water today. Have a great lc day.
  #148   ^
Old Tue, Aug-01-06, 07:26

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

Good morning, Joes....have a great one....

Anne, way to go on the 5 pounds...that is so awesome...isn't it amazing to be able to lose and not feel like you are starving? Sure works for me..!!!

Well, my weight held steady this morning...in case you can't tell, I am a weigh every morning weigher....just always looking for that bit of encouragement to keep me going...now if I have a big off day, I don't torture myself..I will wait a couple of days, but mostly it's an every morning jog to the scale.. Anyway, I'm so happy to stay on that number....was worried it would bounce up a couple over night. I'm wondering if this walking has helped my metabolism enough to be making the difference...don't know, but now I'm afraid to stop..

Have a great day!

Anita
  #149   ^
Old Tue, Aug-01-06, 10:10

Anita, glad you didn't bounce up. Hope you thought of something cool for dinner tonight. For us it's going to be rotisserie chicken from the store, potatoe salad(for dh) brocolli salad, and assorted raw veggies. Normally I wouldn't buy rotisserie chicken as its like $8.99 each (for what, two lbs worth of chicken?) But it was on sale today and I really don't want to heat the house house up cooking.
Hope you have a great lc day.
  #150   ^
Old Tue, Aug-01-06, 10:13
Work In Progress

Plan: G.I. Diet
Stats: 323/284/160 Female 5'3"
BF:Size: 26/24/12
Progress: 24%

Thanks for the tip, I did not want to turn my stove on today because it is so hot. I think I will be doing the same for dinner tonight!