Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 06:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/165/145
BF:
Progress: 71%
Cool Planning a cheat...

Okay so I am planning a cheat with my girlfriend so that we can eat all the sweets we enjoy together like hot fudge, etc. I'm also planning to drink heavily during this planned cheat.

So my question is how long (days) can I "cheat" before the body stores the carbs in my belly. I will most likely exercise (1 hour/day of cardio + some weight lifting) as well.

If anything, planning the cheat is good because it's like the opposite of binging before i get back on the diet. I'm exercising longer and harder.

So yeah, how long should I cheat (whats the maximum before my body finally realizes i have all these extra calories and decides it put it around my belly yet again?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 08:03

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Hello Anton, congrats on your progress so far! Considering how successful you have been, I can't imagine why you would want to sabotage all of your hard work for a lousy hot fudge sundae?!?!? With so many low carb options and products out there, don't you think you could endulge your sweet tooth with some tasty low carb treats? I bought a brownie a few weeks ago at the local low carb store, I tell you, it tasted just like a regular brownie, it was delicious. Plus, binging on sugar like you plan could leave you feeling ill, as well as bloated and possiblt gaining weight back. Don't do it to yourself! You worked hard to get where you are! I hope you reconsider binging. HTH.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 09:27

Stats: 215/165/145
BF:
Progress: 71%

thanks for your advice. i've been an LC for a long time and break binge on occassion.

i know that there are substitutes, and have tried them all.

its not really a hot fudge sundae we enjoy, its the hot fudge. must be the chocolate and its powers as an aphrodisiac (we also havent seen each other in a while due to being 6000 miles away from each other).

anyway, i'm not so worried about gaining weight/the ill feeling. i know the CKDers tend to carb up and all. i just want to control this upcoming binge so that i dont feel that terrible, or worse -- put a couple pounds of fat in the belly which took me a week or two to remove.

so how long can i binge before my body starts turning it all into fat for storage?

anybody know?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 09:32
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I must admit that I am a hot fudge brownie sundae (and I usually could care less for the ice cream) junkie.

You may want to plan it as a CAD day. I have had limited success not gaining this way. Although it has slowed my losses.

You eat 2 lc meals that day and a reward meal (this is whatever you want it to be) but eaten within one hour.

A couple of important notes: if you have any coffee/tea that day drink it within 15 minutes and also no artificial sweetners unless as part of your reward meal.

This keeps your insulin from spiking and then get right back on plan.

Up to you but a thoughtful way of cheating.