Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 07:16
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

That is a person by person thing Glendora. In my last post to this thread I had'nt gained much. But as you can see now I have gained 16 pounds since I quit smoking. Lower dosage patch won't have anything to do with weight gain, I don't think anyhow, Just my opinion. It would be lc junk foods, not enough exercise etc that would do it. My doctor said my metabolism was played with by the ciggs for 20 years and would need some time to work on their own without that nicotine kinda boost. PLUS I fell into the emotional eating etc... Please take care and keep the quit Glendora. Your doing marvelous.

Angel
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 09:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

It's been a while since anyone posted here. So how's everyone doing??? I'm happy to say, I'm still a quittter. It's been 14 months and counting, the quit metre says I've saved about $4000.00 (must have spent it somewhere, cause it sure ain't in my bank account!).

On the downside, (or maybe I should say upside), I've gained a total of 18 lbs. GRRRRR!!!

jude
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-05, 18:44

Stats: 250/230/190 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 33%

Both my wife and I have quit and neither of us gained anything - we have lost. Stayed on plan and exercised. Did not substitute food for craving. Very pleased.....
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-05, 19:41

Plan: bfl
Stats: 179/119/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 102%

I quit smoking 4 years ago and I ate my way from 115 to 179. then I came to my sense and started exercises. I think 5 pounds was a normal weight gain but at only 5' 6 I went overboard as glutton of the year but I'm glad i quit smoking
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Sep-07-05, 06:30

Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Looking back, Zesty, which was more difficult...quitting smoking and losing weight?

judy
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Sep-07-05, 11:36
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Hiya Jude...Im still a "Quitter " and still struggle with the weight gain. For me loosing weight is NOW the hardest thing to do..

Angel
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 02:18

Plan: bfl
Stats: 179/119/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 102%

smoking was a hard one Jude. I mean not that the weight thing is easy but I smoked about 2 packs a day so It was hard to quit.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 18:31

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have just decided to quit - or more like my body made the decision for me. I was playing with the idea anyway, but have been hit by world's worst cold, and everytime I try to smoke, I start coughing like no tomorrow - so I was forced to give up. Its tough, but the good thing is, that I physically cannot smoke. So I didnt bother with the patches this time. They cost more than cigarettes anyway and I find it bad that anyone does charge for them - they should come free with packets of cigarettes ! Anyway - I have been craving food all day (not sure if that was due to illness or no smoking), so I bought Satsumas and Carrots to kill cravings. Lets see how it goes.