Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-02-12, 10:24

Plan: my own
Stats: 400/300/253 Male 210cm
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Can you hear the click?

Hello all,

first I want to thank you for this forum, I took a lot of inspiration from it, especially from the before and after gallery! Only in anglophone forums I found so many pictures, that shows the change from FAT to damn good looking people! Thank you! Second I want to apologize for my English, its my third language.

Now to my person: I'm a 210cm big guy at the age of 29. I started my low carb live style at 12.02.2012 after my scale that goes to 180kg (396lbs) max, was showing me 181kg (400lbs). There was a click in my head, that I still hear today I really like this way of live. In 2,5 months I lost 19kg (42lbs)! Without to be hungry. In the first month I had about 20-80 carbs a day. I also was eating sweet things sometimes. From the second month I had less than 20 carbs per day normally. 1 Day a week I go to a party or to my parents. On this day I try to eat low carb, but I also have about a 0,5L Honey-Wodka (much sugar) or fruits. But wee dance a lot, so that it throw me only 1-2 days back in my diet plan

I'm eating a lot of meat and fish. I eat eggs. I try to eat vegetables every day. If I can abstain from fat, I do it. Like if I buy sausage, or cheese – I try to get low fat one. But if I want to eat a tasty steak, it can't be low fat. So I'm eating about 20-80g fat per day. I found out that I'm loosing faster and feel better if I eat no carb, low fat and high protein. But the fat is not really a problem...

I stopped to eat bread, rice, noodles, potatoes, and sugar. Except the one day a week... At the past I was addicted to chocolate, and sugar stuff. I eat every day some sinkers and other shit. I could eat a whole choco cake by my own. But this addiction went after 6 weeks. I sometimes (1-2 times a month) have appetite to choclate now, but I cant eat much of it now. It is to sweet now, and tastes not so good any more. So I eat for example one snickers, and that's it.

I do some bodybuilding at home, with barbells. But irregular 1-3 times a week. But I see that sport is accelerating my weight loss at least by factor 2 if I do it regular and intensive.

My goal weight is about 120 Kg (264lbs), so I have to loose 40Kg (88lbs) more.

This is my second successful diet. Yes I call it successful because I hear the click, you know . I know that will do it! My first successful diet was at age of 18. There was the click, too After I had to run about 200 meters and could not breath after it. I lost about 40 Kg (88lbs) in about 6 Months. From about 150 Kg (330lbs) to 115 (253lbs) in 3 months and then the rest. Finally I was only 108Kg (238lbs) heavy, that is a bit to low for me. I done it through extremely low calorie charge and a lot of sports (bodybuilding, jogging). I hold my weight for about 2-3 years. Then I stopped with sports after a car accident, and started to love sweet things again... extremely low movement (I'm software developer :/ ) I think you can imagine the rest...

But that is past! I'm on the way. I will post pictures when I reach my goal weight. I also note my weight every day. I love it to add the new weight in my smarthone app every day and to see how the chart is going down! I get complements from all my friends, family and colleagues! I feel amazing! And I wish this feeling to all!

Click on!

Last edited by The Click : Wed, May-02-12 at 12:15.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-02-12, 14:42
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

Welcome!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-04-12, 10:04

Plan: HF/LC Primal
Stats: 235/134/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Welcome! You've done really well so far. Keep it up
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-18-12, 08:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195.0/181.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:44%/40%/22%
Progress: 23%

Wow~! what an encouraging story, ~! Nice to hear your story...and welcome...I hope to be as great a story as you~!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-12, 09:52

BF:

Hello
it's me again, thanks for welcome, so let's see what happened.... my last post is about 2 months away, there I was 2,5 month on my diet, and lost 19kg (42 lbs). On month 3 I reached 21 kg (46 lbs) weight lost, then I started to take creatin and doing a power work out for about 30 minutes almost every day. I did it for 3 weeks. In this time my weight lost stopped, but I was loosing fat, and my muscles were growing )).

After this 3 weeks I stopped the training and taking creatin. On month 3 and 4 I had many “gaffes” where I was eating a lot of carbs, and absolutely no work out. So my weight loss slowed down. Now I'm 4,5 month on my diet and I lost 25kg (55 lbs). I'm wearing jeans 3 sizes smaller. Cool! – isn’t it?

I'm eating again low carb in the week, and “normal” on weekends. I will try to reactivate my work out program, may be not every day, but every second day. It really helps!

about 35 kg (77 lbs) to go,
hear the click
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-12, 10:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

Welcome....lifting weights and doing cardio will help you lose and keep your skin tight as you lose..I guess the one thing I dont agree with is cheat days...I think those should be saved for maintaining weight loss but everyone reaches their goals in different ways. Good luck and keep up the weight lifting
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-13, 07:17

BF:

Hello there!

a lot time is passed since my last post. So what happened? After I have lost 25kg in 5 months, the weight loss slowed down and stopped. Even hard lowcarbing didn't helped.

So I started to experement with alternative feeding, was also eating carbs for a while, was doing bodybuilding for about 4 months. My weight still around the same level.

Then around month 11 I started lowcarbing, decreased calories and damn! I'm melting again! )))

13 months are gone since I started with 181kg. My weight is now 146kg. That are 35kg (77lbs) less!!!! About 26kg to go.

ps.
attached my weight loss diagramm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weight.jpg (10.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by The Click : Thu, Apr-11-13 at 08:47.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-13, 05:22

BF:

Hello again

3 Months passed, 10Kg, too ))
total lost 45Kg!

have a nice summer!
bye
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-13, 07:05

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 160/130/116 Female 61 inches - 5ft 1"
BF:32.8/19/15

Hi,
Creatine will make you hold water in your muscles so that will explain why your weight didnt go down while taking it. It can be taken for muscle recovery & growth but only when doing extreme heavy lifting.

Good luck on your journey,

Pea