Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 05:08

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%
Default Notifications from forum listed as "spam"

Every morning I get notifications of threads to which I am subscribed.
The notifications are listed as spam.

Why?

Then, when I try to send a particular thread to a friend to try to get her to subscribe to this forum, it bounces back because it contains spam.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 11:25

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Is it your mail client that's marking them as spam or your service provider?

If the former, then maybe you could set up a whitelist for the email domain in your client. If the latter, then you might need to switch providers, or just set up a free email account with a different provider. I don't have any issues with Gmail myself?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 11:55

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
Every morning I get notifications of threads to which I am subscribed.
The notifications are listed as spam.

Why?

Then, when I try to send a particular thread to a friend to try to get her to subscribe to this forum, it bounces back because it contains spam.

Any ideas?

Your e-mail service is sending it to spam folder because sometimes they make mistakes and predict that it is spam, even when it is not.

Think of folders as file cabinets. Your email service just sent it into your spam folder/file cabinet.

Just mark it "not spam" and that will move it back to your regular e-mails folder where you can then forward it to your friend.
Do it like this:
Click next to email which will leave a check mark next to the e-mail.
Then go to the top of that page and click "not spam" or "move to in-box"
This will move it to the In-box folder/file cabinet.

This is happening a lot more lately and many people I know are saying it's become habitual so you should check the spam folder frequently because e-mails you've been waiting for could have been sent there to that folder.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 12:10
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Notification emails from Active Low-Carber are "automated" similar to bulk mailing from legitimate advertisers. For example newsletters and sale flyers that you've signed up on the web. Unfortunately, some service providers have intensified their anti-spam efforts and these legitimate bulk mailings are being misidentified as spam.

In other cases, members may no longer wish to receive notifications from our site, but instead of unsubscribing they simply block lowcarber.org mail which bounces it back to our server causing a log-jam and a lot of work for our webmaster to clear. Again, service providers misidentify the bounced mail as spam ... both situations can lead to legitimate sites like ours being blacklisted .

You can try adding lowcarber mail to your safe sender list or right click and select "add to contacts". If you no longer wish to receive mail from lowcarber.org, then please be responsible and click the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of all notifications. Otherwise, the suggestions from other members above would be good to try
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 12:31

BF:

Thanks everyone. I do not want to unsubscribe - so I will try all the suggestions and hope one of them works.

PS, my low carber mail lands in my in-box, not in my junk folder. It is just identified by my provider as spam.

I have already complained, but I will still try all these rectifiers.

Again - thanks all
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-20, 12:15

BF:

I have gone back to my email provider and found that it was, indeed, marking all the low carb notifications from this forum as spam.

I have corrected it. Thanks for the suggestion.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-20, 16:57
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

I'm glad the suggestion to contact service provider about incorrectly marked spam mail was helpful

Here's a suggestion for anyone reading ... you can subscribe to threads without getting emails if you prefer. Indeed, many members don't want to get emails, they prefer to monitor subscribed threads from their User Control Panel. Click View all Subscribed Threads to see a list of all your subscribed threads .. those with recent posts will be bolded.

Folks can change the default subscription settings in their profile .. go to Edit Options .. then scroll down to "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Select "No Email Notification" and don't forget to click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.

Just a thought; hope some find it helpful
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-20, 02:47

BF:

Thanks, Doreen