Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 16:53

Plan: Atkins/Meat & Egg
Stats: 213.5/191.4/155 Female 5' 5
BF:??/37
Progress: 38%
Default Mandy's Log

Although I've been exercising for about a month an a half, I havent started a log yet so here it goes.
I have been walking at least 3 miles a day on a treadmill from 5-6am aiming for 5x a week. Fell a little short of that goal in Feb.
Just this week I have started doing some lifting. This morning instead of walking I did The Biggest Loser DVD "Boot Camp" work out. Since that only lasted 25 mintues, I popped in my Tae Bo DVD and attempted to do that. It was VERY hard, just too fast. My new goal is to be able to do that video by May 1st all the way through.
In February I walked 48 miles total. This month I want to make sure I stick to 5x a week no matter what so that would put me at 26 days working out in March. I WILL DO IT. My goal is to walk 70 miles this month.
Here we go.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-06, 09:44

Well, Saturday I met 2 of my goals and I am so happy. The first was to get below 200lbs and as of Sat I weighed 198!!! The other was to complete my miles in 15 min or less so I can walk 4 in an hour. Well, I finished 3 in exactly 45 minutes by doing spurts of running at 1/2 mile intervals.
Sunday I didn't walk, but I did 2 workouts. I bought The Biggest Loser DVD. I did the High Intensity aerobics and the sculpting workouts. I definitely feel it today!!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 13:55

Took Monday off to rest my sore body. Today I walked/jogged 3 miles in 46 minutes, then did a 5 minute cool down for a total of 3.2 miles.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-06, 08:17

Wasn't feeling too motivated this morning. Although I did get up and work out I could've done much more. I only walked one mile at 3.5 (WAY too slow) and then did weight lifting; biceps, triceps, lat pulls, shoulder press, incline press and bench press. Thats it for today. I'll step it back up tomorrow. I need to add more abs!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 15:06

Well its been a few days since I've tracked my progress. I did kind of work out last Friday. I say kind of because I put in a DVD and didn't do what I could've done. At least I got moving, right? I didn't work out on Sat or Sun and felt terrible about it. So, yesterday I got back on the treadmill and did 3.2 miles with bursts of running thrown in. This morning I did 2.6 miles with running also. Wanted to do 3 miles, but I hit snooze once so I was really crunched for time. I gained 1.5lbs over the weekend so now I'm just working to get that off.....very frustrating!!! Its my own fault for not working out and for having 3 girl scout cookies. Plus, I went to buy Busch Light beer Saturday and when I got home, realized I had gotten regular Busch. Had 3 of them......thats what did it, I just know it.
Well, no more cheating...staying focused. We'll see what happens