Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-11, 23:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 300/246/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Can't post Avatar

Hi, I need help with the avatar I am trying to upload from my computer. I made two files see below. They both meet the initial requirements but when I upload it says it is too big and the max size 2,000 bytes. I did get it to upload and show as my before picture (but it isn't my before picture) I don't know what that means or how to find out what byte size my images are. I am working in CS3 Photoshop. I made two different files:

Image 1:
81 x 81 pixels
84 KB
72 dpi
RGB
JPG

Image 2:
81 x 81 pixels
96 KB
72 dpi
RGB
PNG

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-16-11, 11:24
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

A kilobyte is 1000 bytes. One of your pics is 84 KB and the other is 92 KB. You should be able to adjust that on Photoshop. I can't offer you guidance, because I only have PS Elements 4.

The size limits for avatars on this site is "100 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB, whichever is smaller."

There are free online sites that allow you to upload your pics and automatically make them into avatars. The one I have used is called Shrink Pictures, or maybe Shrink Pics ... something like that, anyway. I haven't made an avatar for awhile now. There are several sites like it, and Google should find them for you.

HTH!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-16-11, 11:44
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

^^ what she said

In addition, I noticed the file type appears to be PNG (.png). It would be better to save your image as a JPEG (.jpg) using "save as" from the File tab in Photoshop. JPEG's are smaller kb file size which allows faster loading to and from the internet. The image itself will still be the same view size

hth,

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-16-11, 21:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 300/246/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Thanks for the info I will keep trying to figure it out with that info. I'll try that site.

YAY got it! Had to use that site, thanks again.

Last edited by kayekaye12 : Fri, Dec-16-11 at 22:13.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-16-11, 22:18
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I'm happy to hear the avatar site worked for you. I have used it a number of times and was always satisfied with the results. And it makes the whole process soooooo easy!

I can make an avatar on PSE4, but I always have to refer to my step-by-step notes to find my way through the process.