Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#3001   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-19, 08:54

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- You are mid way through your first week at your new job! I am also unclear as to what you are doing, exactly. Working with patients or doing paperwork or phone work, or what?

Your temp and mine are the same today. We are in a bit of a cold snap- next week will be better.

DS21 is definitely not engaged!! He just turned 21!! He is still in college, as is she. Plus they don't even know what will happen in the next year or two. First she decides on PA school, then he decides about law school.. then maybe they can see.

Sounds like your neck pain is likely due to the new mattress. If it continues I wonder if a topper would help?

Speaking of appliances, our fridges are both 20 years old plus. One out in the garage that we brought over from our old house and one that was here when we arrived.

Blue- I think we would love a toaster oven but I am loathe to give up the space for one the size I would want. The smaller upper oven of the two oven range acts as a toaster oven- heats up quickly, less energy usage etc. I am thinking gas for the range with the ovens being gas or electric. I need to have someone come out to make sure the gas is fully ready to be connected, has a shut off etc.

I am stupidly excited about your phone. I know you are a phone talker but I think you might be surprised that you will like texting as an addition to that. I didn't love it at first, didn't see the point in it, now I love it. Same with back up camera in the car and heated seats! It's all relative. You don't miss what you don't have but once you get used to it, you will wonder why you didn't have it!

The other great thing about texting is that you hear the thoughts that pop up in your kids' minds more readily. For example, DS21 texted me today that he just closed down his Dutch bank account and that he is excited and sad to come home. You know? Like, he might have remembered to tell me that in a phone call later on, but it was more his feeling at that moment and it was easy for him to just say it quickly bc he didn't have time for a call or whatever. It can be a great extra insight into them.

Lori- I do have to prep for the floor vac. I put the ottomans on their chairs, lift a cord or two, that kind of thing. I find it very worth it though. I work for ten minutes and it cleans for an hour and a half!

Glad you got all your gifts wrapped, however it was done. My wrapping is always totally shoddy. I get it done for the purpose of hiding what the gift is, but I don't give a crap how pretty it is. I *DO* always hide the names in the wrapping paper so the kids have to search each gift to see who it goes to. Long time tradition!

So it seems like you are putting a good two hours into exercising on a given day or so, is that right? You are putting in the time!

BTW we have big stockings too- huge ones, thanks for MIL who needlepointed them (and I love them) but dang it is a pain! I don't worry about filling them up as much as I did when they were younger. Things like socks are a good filler- a six or nine pack from Costco. I got each of my kids a travel cord keeper thing and that will take up a good bit of space in each of theirs as well. Put a couple of pieces of fruit in the bottom too, that helps.

Trig- My biggest issue with the cleaning crew is inconsistency in cleaning and my inability to tell her the changes I want because English is her second language. She tries, I try, but it is a hassle. Plus she has gotten much more inconsistent on the days/times when it used to be a set thing. Among other things. We'll see though.

Love your DD's plans for shopping and the gifts that are very individual to each friend.

Sunny here too but cold.

••••••••••••••

Hi all! Happy Hump Day!

Have you all seen the guy called Serious Keto on Youtube? He's good! I'm not a big fan of his testimonial videos - they are long winded - but his other stuff is great.

Cruising along. Quiet day today. I did some house cleaning this morning and want to get some books out of my bookcase to donate but I'll wait til after Christmas when I have a few available boxes. I broke the rest down and recycled them without thinking about it.

Things are not going well with the BIL/SIL/MIL/FIL situation. I won't go into it more here but it is causing a lot of stress for DH. Work is also stressful for DH as his comp meeting is coming up and he hasn't hit as many hours as he wanted to bc of being President of the AHLA this year. He'll likely be hit with a pay decrease. I've assured him we are fine with that; I manage our money and we are in good shape, but I think it is hard on his pride.

CASA home visit today - I get to drop off a crap ton of gifts to my CASA babies! I won't see them next week as they are going out of town.

That's it for here! On plan and moving along.
Sponsored Links
  #3002   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-19, 19:27

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trig---Funniest darn list of gifts for kiddo's pals. From bath bombs to Goth to the Grapes of Wrath! So made me giggle.

Holy Moly, and here I thought I was pre-historic w/a 2004 cell phone, which I almost never charged or used. I so get you my friend. Part of me feel likes the Cybor blob finally got me and sucked me up. Stay strong, stay free. LOL.

Jaz---I can feel your tiredness from here. Tomorrow it will be but a week since you left your dollhouse, talk about a jam packed 7days. I'm looking forward to this weekend for you, when hopefully you can just go SPLAT. Lay around, have a bubble bath, watch TV, SLEEP.

I so admire you staying on plan thru all this, more than I can say. Don't worry about the scale right now, you're probably pumping out the stress cortisol like crazy. And your sleep has been bad and, and, and. Just eat well, rest well right now and give it a minute for your life to find a normal gait again.

Nic---I so get what you're saying about texting with the kids. It is of the moment, and some fun stuff and thoughts you wouldn't share if not for texts. LOL, texted son yesterday and he texted back "I don't believe this is my mom Are you an imposter?" Agree, there's things we're fine w/out till we get used to having them, then can't imagine not having them.

Liking where you're ending up on the oven/toaster thing. What you described to me sounds perfect if it works. No lost counter space is huge, plus you have the function you need.

So fun, your tradition of hiding the kid's name's in the gift wrap. Great way to have fun and slow the rapid fire carnage of gift opening---particularly when they're younger---after all the work we do to get it all under the tree, it's over in a blink when they're younger. Fun to continue the suspense.

Lori---I went to your live running site today. It was really interesting, but ultimately decided I need a walk, fast walk, evolving elevation thing, but don't think I'll be doing any running again. Wish they had something like this to guide walkers thru on the tread.

LOVEDTrig's idea for the teen stockings! BIG, good things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm good. Ton of errands today. Happy to be home and cozy. Been REALLY cold here for the last two days, but warming up like crazy now. In the high 20s and low 30's from on and over the weekend. YAY.

Going to leave it at that, time to hunker down w/hubby and our new TV series.
  #3003   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-19, 21:15

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco yea I can see your DH taking a pride hit on that one. No one wants to decrease anything LOL but like you said, you guys are good, he is just so busy and he should cut himself a darn break in life

We only got so many hours in a day. We can't work so hard we put ourselves into an early grave or such...ick...relax time and smell the roses a bit and all LOL

oh I was surprised all the trouble with your cleaning lady now. I would also think replacement at that point. It sounds too hard and things like that shouldn't be 'that hard' -- I get ya on that!!

Oh hell on the BIL/MIL and all that mess. Hell yea it is going to be a friggin' nightmare. But remember THEY all wanted it so it is on their plates Man I would disconnect mostly from that situation best I could HA It will just drag ya down if you let it. They did it, they all live with it and whatever. I couldn't take being in that BS circle for too darn long. Well that is me but I wondered how it would all go down for them. It is not easy, won't be and hopefully they settle well and it gets better for all.
run away, run away LOL

Blue....brrr you are cold there. woof...way worse than us but heck I can barely stand the 50s! heehee

hunker down and tv...great combo!

yea I will stay free as long as I can. Kiddo getting older and driving will force me to do the darn phone. ugh. I don't wanna go there but I must. ick LOL

hey all

hit the store with kiddo

so we got:
Disney bubble bath and Disney lip balm set for one girl **whatever that inside joke is about?

Got a goth necklace for goth boy. silver/black cross. she said he will love it....ok whatever cool

book...not one darn classic we could find cause we just hit a regular old store, not a bookstore, so she got Doctor Sleep from S. King. She said she would love it. Ok cool done

and ordering that toaster t shirt and she will give that to her friend after the holiday.

ok that was easy

I hit nice ribeye sale. got a few.
got more shrimp

makeup.....some wrinkle creams and more. I got to thinking I need some stuff. My stuff is old now. I don't like that. Need new things.

Will hit CVS tomorrow and get a few 'girly' things I want. Spend a dollar or 2 on me

other than that, easy day
all good
  #3004   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-19, 21:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Nic---Don't know how I missed the part about the in-laws. Yeah, SIGH. That sounded like a lot for your BIL/SIL to take on, and a lot of adjustment for your MIL/FIL. Hope it's just a matter of fine tuning the change, but it's hard to find that optimism in these circumstances. Just really tough.

And the hubs---man, seems to me he works pretty long and intense hours. I don't understand how lawyers get paid or on what basis, but don't blame him for being discouraged. Sometimes all we can do is say "yep, that's why they call it work." Seems it's often NOT the work itself, but the politics involved. How well I know.
  #3005   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-19, 05:30

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Uh oh....no post from our Jaz last night....hope all is well. All those night's of short sleep have got to be catching up to you girl.....hope you had good sleep last night.

Blue....funny how your son said he didn't believe the text was from his Mom. How are you doing learning your new gadget? It's amazing what they can do and what we can do with them.

Too darn cold here too. We had a biting wind yesterday that went right thru you. I darted from the house to the car, into the gym, dashed into the grocery store and then home. Brrrr...

Nic....sorry things are going rough with the inlaws. It is bound to take some adjustment time....hope it all works out in the end. Too bad your DH is feeling the stress of it all plus work stress. This thing called life sure has it's ups and downs.

Trig....glad you found the gifts DD was looking for. One more thing checked off the list! Hope you also found some girly stuff for you!

------

Yesterday the gym was a bit crowded, but I had no problem getting a treadmill for my 1/2 hour run/walk. Then it was off to restorative Yoga. Ahhhh....it is all about relaxation and supporting your body with bolsters, pillows and blankets. No stress. I did enjoy it for a change.

Today there is a body flow yoga class with the teacher that has the strong accent. It is at 8AM. I hope I can get myself out in the cold to attend. It sure would be easier to stay here and hold the cat.

DD yesterday, so today I eat! Not sure what is for dinner tonight. I got a Home Chef box yesterday, so have some different things to choose from.

Have good days!
  #3006   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-19, 05:34

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Thurs morning!

Nic- - You know I wondered how the entire BIL/ Inlaw thing would play out. I hoped it wouldn't happen SO SOON! Sighhhhhhhhh........ Like TRIG said, remember they worked it out and wanted it to play out like this. But then again I don't think anyone saw them both declining in such a rapid way! Hugs to you!!!!
I hear ya on the DH and down sizing in $$- I am hearing more and more people are out of work period. At least that is not his situation. I know if you are doing the budget- you all are in fine shape!
Cleaning lady- I would politely let her go. Nope, I would not pay for a service that is not what I need. Plus is is so annoying to me when people can't speak English, can't preform a standard job, yet what all the benefits. Trust me I am all about giving people an opportunity. But they still need to do the work!
A perfect example- the lawn care company that was hired to take care of the community is a Mexican owned and they don't speak English. However, they do a super job. So it boils down to performance. I got off on a tangent there! But I would be polite, but replace your cleaning lady!
LOLOLOLOL- I was trying to marry off your DS21!!!!! LOLOL- I know........ he is still a kid!
Speaking of married kids, how is DD doing? You haven't spoken of her lately.

TRIG- - I agree your Christmas list was funny! Are you finally done? Do you and the Pork Chop exchange gifts?
How are you feeling lately? Still cruising alone on your perfect plan?
I am growing gills here!!!!!

Lori-
- Are you getting to sleep in these days? You seem a bit quiet on the thread! Maybe you are hunkering down as the cold seems to have blanketed the country!!!!!! It is BRUTAL HERE!!!!
How is everything going?

Blue- I am tinkled pink for you and your phone! I am going to text you!!!! HAHAHAHAH- just to get you in the habit!!! HAHAH
I truly think you are going to love it.
You can also You tube how to use it and all the bells and whistles. I You Tube anything I want to learn about! Truly everything is on You tube.
-------------------------------------------------------
ALL- I just want to clarify what I am doing. So basically in a nut shell I am doing discharge planning for patients coming out of the hospital. I will be setting up Skilled nursing stays, transportation, doctors visits, home health care, any DME needs. I will be a float for the entire hospital (it is small). They told me they really had a need in the Cardiac Observation unit and Med surge. Basically discharge planning is the same regardless of where I happen to be unit wise.

Everyone there is sweet as can be. But I am TIRED. I don't think I have recovered from that 2 day long drive then 2 days of unpacking and hauling everything up 3 flights of steps. I am SO ready for the weekend. Then orientation for 3 solid days - urghhhhhhhh

I am so glad for the experience to be here. The timing is perfect. I am just needing so real rest. I will be honest I miss my bed, and MY things. I am grateful for this experience, but I dunno..... it is hard to put into words.
I face timed my son last night and it was nice! Spoke to my DD for almost an hour last night too. She has had it rough since I have left.
She and the little one ended up getting the stomach flu. After two days of that she had issues swallowing and went to the ER. They took a lot of blood work and did an Ultrasound on her neck. It came back positive for issues with her thyroid and she has nodules that look suspicious. Sighhhhhhhhh And I am 1000 miles away.

She has a follow up appt. with an Endo doctor to have that looked at. She is having a rough time. Meanwhile the SIL- had a bad reaction to some new meds and seizure while driving her to th eER. So SHE had to haul him in to ER as well. All while dealing with 2 babies. So hard to be 1000 miles from home. But she is an adult...... grhhhhhhhh

I am growing gills here. Salmon for dinner. Doing SO well with the WOE right now. These steps are not as bad- and I am sorta happy to have some exercise. It is the multiple trips that get me! But a few trips here and there- Awesome!
I was really craving some good old fashion vegetable soup last night and couldn't find any. I have YET to go truly grocery shopping. I have nothing in the kitchen yet. That is on the TO DO list for this weekend. So I have been making good choices when I pick something up. The fish market on the corner has been a godsend!

Ok- gotta run- taking my coffee to my bath!
  #3007   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-19, 06:10

BF:

Lori it will be interesting to see what you choose from your home chef box I like wondering what you will be eating from your deliveries LOL

hope yoga is ok. strong accents and not being able to understand what they say is a biggie for me. that goes into the 'drive me bonkers' box for me cause I want to know LOL I mean ya want to hear it all right and easy

the stay and hold and pet the cat sounds really sweet tho vs. going out in the cold HA

Jaz....you learned something. leave 1 week before any new assignment. You learned you need more time to adjust from the drive to the new position, time to get settled into your new digs. So next assignment you leave earlier and have that adjustment time.

One thing....this weekend or whatever days you are off....you do a few things like get some food into the house or whatever and then friggin' sleep. Put on the tv...nap the whole day away and hell, take some type of sleep aid for the night and knock your butt out. Good sleep and you will be new again.

your actual work sounds more simple and easy to handle vs. the crazy of your old job. Enjoy it, run with it and smile while doing it.

sorry on your DD and all that mess. You are right. They are adults and have to deal but at that same time you do wish you could help....but hey life is what it is. You need a career and a paycheck. You help you....everyone has to pony up as they must in life. I hope everyone will be fine and all gets settled easier for them. Kids is the big factor....with kids our life is not our own LOL we all know that one

hey all

today is hit CVS for last minute stocking stuff for kid.
some makeup/wrinkle cream/other crap for me. need some new stuff

then come home and eat a big old ribeye steak

dinner tonight, no idea. probably just shrimp.

I noticed I am find my good eating pattern. Big old ribeye or heavy meat at brunch time...anywhere from 11-1 kinda.
After that, I am not hungry hardly at all so shrimp and some cheese makes me good thru the evening. I like a new good pattern to fall into. It suits me. I find mostly I do need to eat at least 2 times per day. One is not enough. I need that energy hit 2 times from food....one earlier and dense beef etc. to make the start of my day easy....and then a little nibble of lighter fare to just take that little hunger away I might get. Hey works for me LOL

Kid got 100 oh gym exam. Yea a gym exam? She had just enough days of no gym....remember the knee bad she was off gym for like 2-3 weeks?----it pushed her into doing a gym exam LOL She had to burn 150 kcals on a stationary bike. She did it so fast the teacher was impressed HAHA

95 on Intro. to Culinary Exam.

98 on Honors English Exam.

today is Honors History exam. She said she will ace it. hey cool, I am down with that.

so gonna get moving a bit here and shop super early. have to wait a bit til pharmacy opens, have to get dog his seizure meds. need to have or will be out at Xmas when all stores are closed. ugh. I hate having TO DO things on a time schedule LOL
I could be at the store now getting stuff instead of having to wait for the pharm. to open. oh well.....control freak Karen has to chill a bit thru it all HAHA

great day everyone!!
  #3008   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-19, 08:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning, everyone! It feels like a Friday today. I guess because DS17 has a half day tomorrow with no classes and then it is Xmas break!

Jaz- it really is utterly astonishing what all has happened to you in a week's time. It is no wonder at all that you are completely worn out! I agree 100% with Trig's advice that you try to lay low and do very little this weekend. You will have plenty of time to explore in the upcoming weeks. This is your weekend to recover! Plus you had gotten more accustomed to getting to sleep later in the mornings etc. You are kind of hitting that 'first week of school' exhaustion when the alarm clock is SO RUDE.

Gosh, I am really sorry to hear about everything going on with your DD and SoIL. Sounds super stressful for them. From my understanding, very few thyroid nodules are dangerous, so hopefully she falls into that camp.

Glad you are enjoying all that yummy seafood!

The discharge nurse position sounds like a pretty good fit for you, plus not too stressful and interesting bc each person's needs will be different.

Blue: LOLOLOL over your son's comment about you being an imposter! It is too funny! I know you are a little freaked out about the idea of moving into smartphone territory, but it isn't all that different from moving from letters to email. Some people haven't made that switch but on the other hand, it opens up lines of communication and widens your world. You can set limits on it however you want.

Glad the weather coming up will be warmer. We will experience the same. Back to the 40s and even 50s!

Trig- Glad your kiddo got all her friend gifts. And you will get some new stuff for yourself too! Do you guys do stockings at your house? My Dh fills mine, but I got a couple of small things for myself that he can pop in there was well. Just little stuff. Nothing wrong with that, right? lol

I've moved into two meals also. One late morning and one around 3-4 PM. That will be messed up tonight though.

GIRL. Your DD is killing high school grades-wise! That is so great!! Is she involved in any after school activities or sports?

Lori- Yay for the gym not being so crowded! It must have been the mad rush of people getting signed up from the other place. That calm yoga sounds really nice! Enjoy your Up day today!

•••••••••••

Sunny and cold here today but the warm up is coming!

Quiet-ish day today with a social evening. Interviewing a cleaning service at 4, then meeting some ladies for dinner at 7. Late for me, I much prefer meeting at 6, but I know that is hard for others, especially people who are working. I'll just have to suck it up!

DS17 cracked me UP this morning!! He came up and was talking to me this morning, but I was typing something and not paying attention. He said “Were you listening to me?” and I replied “No, sorry, I was typing something.” He sighed dramatically and said, “That’s okay. I suppose my childhood has run its course.”

DH got both his brothers on the phone line last night and said the conversation went pretty well. The ILs are going to need some in-home care, and then they discussed the plan for getting the house up for sale in VA. Middle brother is in charge of that timeline and it sounds well planned out.

I agree that the choice for the ILs to be sharing the home is less than stellar, but OTOH the options were limited. If we had allowed them to buy a small house, they would be in worse shape than they are now, and still needing some in home care. This way they are getting supervision with medicine, hot balanced dinner etc. My MIL was adamant about not looking at any kind of retirement community and I don't even know if you can force something like that on someone. No one saw FIL's decline happening so rapidly. However, he has started his new trial medicine this week and hopefully that will help things. MIL is being a pill and I think her boys really need to sit down with her and have a Come to Jesus talk.

Other than that, not much doing today. Kind of like Trig's idea of hitting up the CVS and Walgreens for odds and ends.

Oh! Tomorrow doing DS17's half day, they are doing the annual talent show. He will be performing with his band. I'm looking forward to listening! They are usually the closing act.

Have a great day!
  #3009   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-19, 17:47

BF:

Hello ladies- After work!

So I was given a "tower of cookies, candies, and other sugar goodies. I am sure you have all seen those "towers" of sugar. Anyway I was gracious and took it. I will take it to the waitress that has been so sweet to me since being here! She has 5 kids so I am sure it will be ok for her. I didn't want to throw it away! But hello I am not cracking it open either!

I had a super fun day! I was pair with a gal who has a personality and humor like me! We literally laughed all day. I spent the day in ICU- where she works. Looks like they are going to make me a float. I'm fine with that. The software that have is very antiquated and hard to use. There are many many steps to get to where you need to be. Plus there is a ton of double charting.

The hospital itself is old and not really updated, but the people who work there are locals who were born there and are very tied to it. This community is very tight, and very welcoming to travelers.
I met the other traveler from my company who is leaving tomorrow. She and I are going to spend an hour together tomorrow and she is going to show me some house keeping tips. Like time sheets. She had some issues at first- and didn't get paid for several weeks!!! EEEKKKK- no can do. So I am happy I got to meet her.

First day in a week I didn't do fish. I did chili and it was darn good. I am not used to this type of COLD!!!!!!
Good tip- I was walking all day- so far 4 trips on stairs- will have another stair trip. I walked all day. Not fast- but I was on my feet all day running around the unit. It was nice to not SIT all day!!!!! The other traveler RN who was hired got a Utilization position that requires one to SIT all day in front of a computer sending faxes to insurance companies. She wanted MY position as a discharge planner. But I got first dibs! So happy I took this one!

I am happy, and tired. Talked to my DD- she is feeling better and thinks she will be ok until her doctors appt. The kids are feeling better as is her Hubby. So all is doing better there.

Hard to believe one week ago this time I was pulling into a hotel after 9 hours on the road with a car load. What a whirlwind of a week. It is enough to make my head spin.
TRIG- you are SO right- not enough adjustment time. I basically unpacked and showed up to work. I will do some grocery shopping this weekend. I am too tired after work to shop for anything other than take out.
Which has been good and fine. But I want to pull out my crock pot I brought and have some home cooked meals!
I am wanted some stew, a roast, and a good hearty meatloaf and gravy.
Oh yea Christmas is this next week too- so I need to get something good....... I am working so I was thinking a ...... I dunno- Might do a TRIG move and get a mess of crab legs!!!!!!

Personals in am - SO frekin tired! So sorry all about my day........
I have been reading along and have alot to say when I can collect my thoughts.
  #3010   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-19, 05:16

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz....It makes me smile to read how you laughed all day and had a fun day at work! That is awesome! Good idea to pick the brain of the other traveling nurse before she leaves. Find out all the ins and outs! I think giving the treat tower to that waitress is a wonderful gesture. With 5 kids, it will be enjoyed!

So glad your family is feeling better. I'm sure it's hard being so far away when your DD is having a rough time. I think she is strong like her Mama and will come thru ok.

Hang in there with the weather. I think temps are going to moderate this weekend and right thru Christmas.

I'll be back later for more personals once I see what you all are up to for the weekend.

I did go to the Yoga class yesterday morning in the freezing cold. Geez I hate winter! Today I'm going to run a couple errands and then hit the gym for a treadmill run/walk. Then it'll be home for a hot shower and relaxing time. My treadmill run is at Noon today....anxious to see how crowded the gym is at Noon.

Weekend weather is supposed to be warmer, so think I'll finish up stocking stuffers and gift cards then. At this point, I'm just ready for Christmas to be over. I'm ready for my February Florida trip and then on to Spring!

There is a yoga class at 10:15 Sunday morning....may hit that. Also thinking about an outdoor run on Sunday when the temps are to be in the 40's. DH says he wants to go with me. I'll believe it when I see it! He is very active in his every day life(unlike me), so he really doesn't do any regular exercise. It would be good for him, but it's not a priority for him right now.

Another eating day today. Maybe a DD on Saturday. I've had two DDs this week, so not too fussed about having another. As long as my weight is staying relatively stable, I'm happy. I've only been weighing a couple times a week, just to keep on top of things.

Ok...speaking of eating.
  #3011   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-19, 05:30

BF:

Good morning- I slept and slept, can't wait to sleep past 5 tomorrow!

NIC- I really enjoyed your email- regarding the similarities between your dad and your son. Striking! Does he see it as well? I bet your dad is proud!
Cool that your son is really getting into his music! The last kids- tend to be the more artsy, musically inclined, not sure why . Have you noticed that?

I know you will be getting in a festive mood with the family coming together. When do you pick up DS21? Is he coming in through DC? I noticed there are not alot of airports here. The weather for Christmas here is going to be stellar! Enjoy your time out with family.

LORI- I find it interesting there are so many types of Yoga. I am going to look up the restorative yoga. I mentioned in my last post I am so stiff lately and losing flexibility. I need to DO something in a stretching sorta way! Not a class but some stretching here in the morning.
Do you stretch before you go to the gym?

Cool you got another box. You are using Home Chef now? Never heard of it. Those boxed meals are all the rage now! You even see those male kits in grocery stores now! It really is nice to have a recipe and all the ingredients to follow!

BLUE- - You sound busy my friend! Are you getting the hand of your new phone? Did you You Tube any videos? I bet it can do alot. I don't have an iPhone- just a cheap android. People LOVE their iPhones.
Are you all set for the holiday? Any plans to go west any times soon?
Plane tickets are so high right now!

TRIG- - hey there! Is your kiddo off 1/2 day today as well?
Did you find any goodies at the drugstore? I have found some cool things there!
Is both mom's coming to your house? I know you said your mom was making lasagna. Did you know that and Pizza is the top foods make for Christmas even? I didn't know that until I saw an article about that. I find that so interesting people carb up like that PRIOR to a Huge Christmas dinner!
But looking back- the ex and I ALWAYS order Pizza Christmas Eve so we didn't have to cook and would wrap up the stocking stuff on Eve. So ya I can see it.
Cool though you have a plan for your food. I am not going to be tempted in any way. I am going to have a roast on Tue and take in left overs to WORK on Christmas Day!
----------------------------------------------------------
Good morning- I went to bed at 9 last night and slept through. I am going to rest this weekend. Although I do want to get some groceries in so I can stop BUYING food. It has been 90% fish though. It has been a good WOE week for me.

I am working Christmas- I mentioned that earlier- so it doesn't feel festive. I am totally cool with skipping Christmas this year! My Christmas will show up in my paycheck !!!! HAHAHAHAHAH- Plus I was less tempted to buy extra stuff. I bought the littles each a toy- and my kids all got a 50 dollar gift- Mom and her hubby got a gift card and done. It was still over what I planned as I have not had a check since Oct.

I am looking forward to getting paid!!!!
Today I think I will be in the Ortho unit with a different preceptor. I like her too. Well everyone has been friendly. It is a very small knit community I can see that.
Hard to believe I am a week down out of 13- 12 to go. This will go VERY FAST!!!! - Wow.

I am looking forward to ringing in a NEW and FRESH year! Even though it's another year gone by- I am hopeful that this year is going to be super positive in so many ways. Positive in growth in my career. I am just as interested in where this path will go as you all are!
Second- I am feeling more settled about my WOE. As my stress decreases- I am feeling good about NEXT year being the year to focus on MY needs for getting back into a healthier place. If I don't start losing I am thinking about an Endo consult. But I need to give myself a opportunity to adjust, get some rest and just eat clean!
SOOOOOOO ....... ready to turn the page as the song goes!!!!

Nothing else going on. I am so craving soup. Like cheeseburger soup- something rich, and hot and filling. Although there was a crab bisque that looked really good as well! The only thing - buying out you just don't don't know what garbage they put in it! I will fish a few recipes on line and pick stuff up for this week upcoming.

Today is a crap shoot as it is Friday and I am tired. I do know it will be most likely fish of some sort.
Have a great Friday all!

#3012   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-19, 07:27

BF:

Nicco….no we don't do stockings. Only did it for kiddo when very young. Now I just up stocking stuffer things under her giant lighted holiday bear decoration she has in her back game room. I just put the presents around the bear and she just checks out what is there and that is her stocking HAHA

hey, no there is nothing wrong with buying what you like and putting it in your own stocking, in fact we prefer that right? So we get what we truly want?

What your DS said is hysterical....his childhood has run its course!! Too funny!!

Your kids are so active in outside stuff, not my kid. No sports or no activites. Has 0 interest in any of it. Her life is her Xbox and phone. Then I drag her out to hike and kayak and she loves it when I drag her out, but she just won't do things like that on her own. Eh, she is who she is, I just let it happen

Cool DS is performing in the band and will watch. Your time is slowly leaving on all this stuff. All your kids getting older, enjoy what is left of 'the childhoods'. Time flies doesn't it?

Yes have the boys do the Come to Jesus talk with MIL. I know it is super hard for her, she sees her hubby maybe not improving fast and a decline happening, she changed homes and living with others and lost that independence. I can see her being a pill, causes heck I can put me in her place and I would be a pill for sure HAHA But I know in my heart if it comes down to things like this when a lot older with my kid, I won't be the burden type, I will suck it all up as it has to be and just let it go down ya know....but yea a good talk might help. I am sure it is hard as heck on all of them.
But don't get too in the middle LOL run, run, run

Lori you had me laughing cause I too am ready for Xmas to be over...you want Feb for your trip but heck I say skip that too straight into spring LOL

I didn't know your DH was into jogging? I don't remember you saying he ever goes with you? but like you said, see if he does go?

Hope your gym doesn't get annoying with too many new people. With it being winter so many are inside to exercise now....so yea I get it being more packed. No one wants out in the cold to exercise now...winter is nasty out there, inside warm in a gym is the place to be

Jaz....you are so right....your next 12 weeks are gonna fly by. I think that is why it is important to enjoy your time there. Relax thru it. Soak up the area, the people, as much as you can cause this time will fly for you. You will be heading home to your house, relax a bit and get yourself a new travel position.

hey how early do you need to do that? Like start ckecking about 2 weeks before this gig is over to get a new gig somewhere? interesting how this will go down for you.

Girl you already started your fresh new year a little early You are into something new and fresh and different and I see nothing but good times for you ahead in your new career. Hey use it for a while, enjoy it all and if you want you can go home and find a job close to your home and do whatever you want....skies the limit for you

HI BLUE! hope your hunkering down on the couch and enjoying your tv and relaxing is good!! I know I like days like that, I have a lot of them

hey all
cold as snot here, but Jaz I bet you are worse!

I hit a great deal on standing rib roast. Beautiful meat. Might have to buy a few more before the sales go off. I like they made smaller sizes of these roasts, usually they are big and hard to handle. They cut them into 2 or 3 or 4 prime rib bones together, I grabbed up the 2 bone and 3 bone sizes. I already cut them into slabs of individual ribeye steaks. Ate one up...omg so good. ONLY $5.99/lb. Oh heck yea. I think my freezer needs a few more so going into the new year I have plenty of low cost ribeye in my freezer.
Worth every penny to me

heading to moms later today. usual shop/visit.

kid off school today, no exams etc. heck they don't even want them in school when they don't do exams so easiest she just stay home. She loves it!!! But luckily she is excited to go back after the new year for new classes...so that is good.

just too cold for me. depressing literally. I can't stand it hardly at all. and to think I got new years at the beach. OMG I am praying for warmer weather when we hit there. Checking their weather they are only in the low 60s and 40-50 at night but got alot colder into the 30s.....I am SO hoping for an upswing. I just don't function at all in cold weather any more. It is horrible...truly a 'thing with me'. ugh. I got to find a way to make it work thru winter better for me. Will think on it LOL something to focus on and take my mind off winter some how.

off to get moving...all good, hope everyone has a great day
  #3013   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-19, 07:53

BF:

first one this morning....wee LOL

hubby home yesterday. no deer. just 1 this season. he had shots on some young ones but passed them by cause no use culling the herd now, let them live and grow he said for next year LOL
hey, whatever

Xmas all handled.

Gonna start cleaning up a bit. Little this and that.

Kinda do nothing days right now. All in fine form, everyone wants to relax and take naps vs. do anything LOL
again, hey, whatever

We got our New Years trip to the beach so that will get us away and do something a bit fun for this holiday season. It is enough.

will hit store later for a few more of those standing prime rib roasts on sale. Need a few more in the freezer. Great sale price, gotta grab now to hold a bit.

other than that, nothing doing

great day all
  #3014   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-19, 08:15

BF:

Good Morning!

Having a slow start this morning. Too freakin' cold! 17 degrees right now with a high of 33. Why on earth do I live in such a place????

DH got up with Gabby at 4:45 and I stayed in bed till nearly 7. Heaven. He is out running some errands right now and then we have some we're going to do together later.....if he can get me up and moving. Have to go get candy and crap for stockings, a couple gift cards and some cash at the ATM to put in cards for grandsons. I'll probably hit the grocery store too. I'm going to get my free ham(points thing at the grocery) and get stuff to make candied sweet potatoes for Betty. She absolutely loves them and I promised her some were coming soon.

Yesterday I did my run at the gym. It was a rough workout. This running app really makes me push myself. OY!

Monday I'm going to go in and talk to the lady in the office at the Rec Authority that DH works for. They are in desperate need of help in the office. She told him that I can set my own hours and it'll only be 10 or so hours a week. She just needs some help with data entry. I'll see what the deal is on Monday afternoon.

Ok......I need to find something to eat. I thought about having a DD today, but weighed myself this morning and scale still down, so I'll enjoy a LC, normal eating day.

Later!
  #3015   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-19, 09:06

BF:

As you all guessed this gal slept in!!! HAHAHAHAH

Thanks for hitting up the town with me last night! Rolled back here about midnight- everything was closed- and I was tired. Had fun.Love Urber!
Really to settle in and watch TV tonight with some roasted something. I HAVE to hit up the grocery today!!!!! I am tired of eating out. Although it has been great to not have to clean up!

Trig- - Loved your presents around the bear! Yea I am pretty much "over" the holiday and it hasn't happened yet! Such a scrooge this year!

Nic- - I bet you have a happy house this morning!!!! Tell us how you hubby took the great news regarding DS job!!!! Gosh- I can't even fathom heading off to the big city starting out like that! WOW oh wow.
Are things settling down at all with the IL's? We all saw that coming maybe not so soon.
Did you like the movie knives something? It is playing down the street. I might take in a movie tomorrow.

Blue- - Are you just loving your phone blowing up!!! ?????? HAHAHAHAHAH-
Trust me you will love it once you get the hang of it.

Lori- - I love that you are so into your gym! Lucky gal to be right where you want to be with your hot self! HAHAHAH
I am looking forward to seeing you and NIC before I leave. Sorta think about when you might want to drop in for the weekend! Door always open!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up with a raging case of big toe gout! I have eaten so much shellfish this week it has caught up with me! I get it every now and again when I over do the shrimp. Well I have eaten fish every night now for 8 days. Hard to believe that 1 week is done. 12 to go. I will not renew here.
I am loving being here. The gals I work with are such a hoot. You know I would consider this as my home facility IF it was closer to home. They are already asking if I will stay. I just sorta laugh it off. I am not saying anything until I absolutely have to.

I am going to take a two week break and find something for April/May/June- I think Florida would be stunning in the spring!
I need to get a few things shored up at home before I launch out again. Might take July off- then Aug/ Sept/ Oct- work again. I love that!!!!!

Besides the wine last night- I have been stellar on plan and dropped two pounds this week.
I am seriously wanting a pot roast tomorrow. Today- hummmmm something light. I want a light eating day.
I am not into chicken after seeing the chicken plants. That made me want to hurl!!!!! - I know it has to happen SOMEWHERE...... I just didn't want to see it.

Gotta have more coffee!!!!!!- Back at ya later gals! - ON PLAN AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Dec-21-19 at 09:11.
Closed Thread