Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 14:31
Rock, Ya'll

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/273/178 Male 6 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Okay - time for an update. I think I'm missing a few Log entries. I swear I've been going to the gym though..

Quote:
Abdominals:
(none prior to legs)

Weights: (legs)
4 sets - standing calf raises
5 sets - seated calf raises
4 sets - flat sled leg press
4 sets - incline leg press
3 sets - leg extensions
6 sets - seated leg curls
8 sets - total glutes (4 each side)

Inclined Abs:
skipped)
Cardio - Yoga
or Meditation:

21 minutes Tredmill (3.3)
7 minutes Eliptical

I 'cheated' this past weekend while in Natchez with Dana, although that really isn't a good name for it. lol.. I ate 1 and 1/2 deserts, one cup of rice while having Thai food, one small serving of hash browns at breakfast, and I had a few pieces of bread while eating at Dunleith Plantation. That's actually not much at all when I think about how I used to eat, but because of that I didn't weigh this morning. Also, because of it I'm going back on Induction again.

What I'm planning to do now then is surge through the next 10 lbs. Heretofore, for fear of losing muscle, I've really not been eating in a manner to shed the weight aggressively. I've been eating 240-60 grams of protien per day, about 80 grams of fat, and about 45-50 carbs per day. Now, I'm going to cut some of that down.

I'll be reducing daily protien intake to about 200, and I'll be cutting carbs down to 20-25. As per fat, I'm not really sure where that will fall. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. However, I'll be keeping red meat and pork to a minimum and trying to consume mostly chicken and fish.

I'm also going to slack off some of the supplements I've been taking for a while. Multi-Vitamins and Minerals I'll keep high. I'll also be keeping Glutamine high and I'll continue to take L-Carnitine. But I'm going to give myself a break from the literal handfull of pills I've been taking every day.

First weigh-in comes in the morning.

Hope everyone is doing well. Take care. And cheers!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Tue, Oct-19-04, 04:01
Getting back to me

Plan: LC WW
Stats: 176/167.2/145 Female 5'7" in
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hey baby! Good job on the workouts!

Here's wishing the scale cooperates...mine did!

{{{{{{{{{{{jk}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
  #168   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 12:44
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Hey Sexy...

I think I'm off to a good start..

Quote:
Abdominals: (trisetted)
1 set of 100 - inclined crunches
1 set of 33 - inclined abs (3)
1 set of 33 - hanging leg raises

Weights: (pulling)
4 sets - lat pull downs/ biangular machine / heavy
4 sets - assisted wide grip pullups
4 sets - seated rows - wide grip
4 sets - high pully / straight arm pull downs
4 sets - olympic bar / military curls
4 sets - incline bench dumbell curls
4 sets - preacher curls - hammer grip
6 sets - dumbell forearm curls

Inclined Abs:
none
Cardio - Yoga
or Meditation:
(no rest)
8 minutes treadmill
8 minutes eliptical
8 minutes stairmaster

Quote:
AM Weight - 228.0
  #169   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 12:56
Getting back to me

Plan: LC WW
Stats: 176/167.2/145 Female 5'7" in
BF:
Progress: 28%

Down a pound!!! Woohoo!
  #170   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 08:06
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

What has happened to you two?
  #171   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 09:54
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hiya JK, just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you guys.. (( hugs))
  #172   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-05, 06:49
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Hmmmmm.... were does a guy begin. lol

The last time I posted here I was 228.0. That was about 8 months ago, and I'm down 10 pounds since then.

Months 1-6 were almost all weightlifting. During that time I pretty much just maintained my weight. Then about three months ago I injured my left forearm while doing close grip bench (little league elbow - I think) and since then I've been resigned to cardio.

The last three months of weight loss then have really been the result of my cardio workouts. I alternate 60 minutes of eliptical one day and 60 minutes of Stairmaster the next. During any given week I usually get in about 5 days of training.

The arm is still healing (this is a really slow healing injury), but just last week I began squatting again. (*yea, ouch -lol).. Program wise, I've also changed to Burn the Fat - Feed the Muscle (BFFM for short). So far, I'm loving it although I have to admit that it requires more dicipline than the purely low-carb methods I've been following in the past.

Then finally, on an aside I'm also now 'working' at the gym, and that's been a very rewarding experience. I can't begin to tell you how many friendships I've made by meeting the folks who work out during the 'other part of the day.' It's also been really cool to pass on the limited amount of knowlege I have to those who are just starting out.

Anyway - I think I'll start posting here again. Today is an off day (bunch of squats yesterday - ouch again today - lol), plus I've strained the back-inside of my left knee a little bit by setting the resistance too high on the eliptical I think. I'm going to give everything a day of rest. Tomorrow, however, will be Stairmaster again - 60 minutes.

Best of luck to everyone. Good seeing you again. Stay sexy - And cheers!
  #173   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-05, 23:25

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Good to see you back to posting JK!
  #174   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-05, 04:41

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi JK! Good to see you back. Sounds like you are doing really great, other than those injuries. I also have messed up my forearms. I think I strained mine by hanging so much from the pull-up rack. It was really feeling good, and then it wasn't . Somedays it's worse than others, but the biggest pain comes when I rotate my hand, so I'm very careful when I do that. I use to work in a gym. I loved it too. That was MANY years ago, but still have good memories of the fun we had. Anyway, wanted to stop by and say "hi, glad to see you back!"

Are you still working on that ISSA study you got, or I guess by now you've probably completed it. My dh bought me a ISSA Certification and Continuing Education Program in 1998 and I've never completed it. I got it back out after reading where you were doing something like it, and it's still here on my desk, but still haven't done anything much with it. I really do intend to, however.
  #175   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-05, 20:42
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Hey Galatia..

As always great to see ya..

I left a note in your journal re the ISSA thing, but I might as well mention it here too.. I studied it for a while then put it down -not really knowing if or when I'd take it. However, when I started working at the gym I took an interest in it again. Now, whenever things get slow (as they often do) I pick up the book and read a little bit while I'm at work. As of now I'm about 3/4th 's of the way through. I guess I'll sit for the test when I'm done.

Good seeing you too, Spud.. You're looking great! And I love the Ronnie Coleman quote..

---------------

Exercise today:
60 Minutes Stairmaster
  #176   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-05, 20:54

BF:

Heya JK,

Good to have you back among us amigo! Take it easy as you get going again. Your body has to last you a while longer yet

Glad you like the Ronnie Coleman quote. I'm actually a *huge* fan of Yogi Berra quotes, but they don't go well with my gym log Thanks too for the kind words about my gallery. It took a *lot* of hard work, so it's nice to get a nod for it now and then!

Looking forward to seeing lots of posts in your gym log!

Mark
  #177   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 08:10
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Hey Mark..

I decided to post my meal plan in my gym log today..

Parody of Ronnie Coleman but inspired by you.. lol

----------------

Workout wise I'm going to do 45 minutes of Eliptical today. I normally do 60 but I'm feeling a bit of a strain on the back side of my left knee and the eliptical is what stresses that. As a result, I'll have a few less minutes today and not go so tight on the tension.

Weight-wise this morning I'm at 216... Had to update ma' profile...
  #178   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 10:10

BF:

LOL JK!!! I dig the R.C. parody!

That looks like a pretty good meal program. How well does it work for you?

I've found I really need to reduce calories (like 1500-1700) to really shed fat - and the protein/fat/carb ratios don't matter too much - but that's me.
  #179   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 10:39

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Thanks for the Kefir link. I haven't really read up on it, and this looks like everything you'd ever want to know about the stuff. My dd said, it's healthy, drink it. I said o.k.
  #180   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 11:05
Rock, Ya'll

BF:

Hey ya, Mark..

As per my diet, here's what I'm shooting for every day.. It's from Burn The Fat / Feed the Muscle.

I eat one meal every three hours. As per why they're arranged that way Venuto's book goes into 340 pages explaining it but in a nutshell it's eating in such a way that your metabolism catches fire. In fact, every 4th day I up my calories to somewhere between 2,700 and 3,000 just to keep my body out of starvation mode. When I do I maintain my targeted ratios which are about 40% carbohydrate, 40% protien, and 20% fat. If I were trying to gain muscle rather than lose fat I'd still stay with the same ratios but just adjust my daily caloric intake to about 300-400 more than I figured I was burning.

As per how I like the plan so far, I really really do. I feel like I'm eating a LOT healthier since I started adding some carbs back into my diet and there is a noticed increase in energy. Also, as per the metabolism I think that's working too. My weight loss, which had been stalled, is now moving steadily down again. My % of body fat has dropped by more than a point, and I've lost a little more than an inch in my waist with no corresponding loss in the other places I don't want to lose it..

Perhaps there is a diet out there that works better for me but if so I dare say that "spontaneous combustion" is likely to be one of the possible adverse reactions....

And hey to you too, Debbie.

I still haven't had a chance to read the Kefir thing but I'm planning on it. I'm not really sure what the enzyme product I showed you earlier is either but if you can make it at home and the shelf-product sells for 30 bucks a jar it sounds like this might be something worth checking out.

Cheers!