Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2296   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 07:59

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Oh duh, yeah, I see what you meant now.

It's a good thing she is smart and also a really good student. I don't know if she is taking AP classes or not but those will really run away with you if you miss school. Hopefully she has another year before she starts getting hit hard with that.

Yeah I did have another 100 or so to mess with but I wasn't sure of what I wanted to eat for only 100, you know? I need to study up on some food lists on Pinterest or something. Luckily I wasn't too hungry at the end of it though. That tuna wrap held me well.

Hey all, Jaz especially, look what I found!!! https://momrevamped.com/keto-fireball-recipe/

I will be doing this and giving it a try!
Sponsored Links
  #2297   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 09:16

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Trig....you hit the nail on the head! Yeah, we miss our fat on our "diet" days, but we can have it tomorrow, and it's important that we do! If this plan becomes low calorie on all days, it is doomed to failure.

I'm just having my first calories of the day. Around 100....some MCT oil and sugar free vanilla almond milk in coffee. I have my bone broth ready to heat up this afternoon when I'm ready to chew my own leg off!

I'm making DH a fried ham steak for dinner and I'll probably have a piece of that and maybe a string cheese or low carb yogurt.

I've been lazy today and didn't get out for my walk, so no extra calories allowed today. The only exercise so far has been a bit of oven cleaning early this morning and a few trips up and down the stairs with laundry.

Waiting for DH to get home to finish up my oven cleaning project. I just want it done, but I can't reach to the back and right side because of my bad wing. I have the bottom, door and left side and most of the top done. He came home a few minutes ago and then got a text about a problem at the park, so he had to dash off again.

Nic....Keto fireball?? Hmmm....

Later!
  #2298   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 19:02

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

You gals are sooo dam funny!!!!!! I just have to respond tonight!

LOLOLOL- Funny thing I read from NIC- "Lori it's a good thing I met you on here first- that would have done it for me... paraphrase.... cleaning a oven at 4:30 am"- ROFL ROFL ROFL!!!!

Then TRIG" - on her walk with the hubby:
Her - talk!
Him_ concentrating on breathing............. I almost pee my pant over that exchange!!!!!!!

Glad though you took the kiddo in for her knee. Any word on that????

So NIC- I read ALL you ate for 400-500 calories! I was super impressed! You have this down! That all sounds filling!!!
I know that progresso soups do VERY well for those watching calories! I know TRIG loves them too!!!!

Lori--you just always have your head in the right place with food. Calories OR carbs- you got this!!!!! So happy this is working for you.

TRIG-- I am going to be honest- my head would be like yours if I read: Eating day- have at it!!!!!!!! PIZZA or us! But your BBQ sounded like a total win. And good on you to stay away from those fries!

NIC- Fireball whiskey Keto style? Hummmmm- I think I would go for the real thing. That called for artificial sugar- It can't be that high on the sugar/ carb list. Some stuff ya just gotta have the real deal. That would be one of them!!!- Not like your drinking a bottle. What is a shot or two!!!
I like the way you are thinking though. I remember when you made your own LC Ice cream and LOVED it- remember? It was a real treat for you.
Maybe you could pull out that recipe and add peppermint flavoring and have it festive without the calories or carb? Just a thought.

So - the three of you are calorie counting!!!!!! - I just don't know If I can do that. I dunno. What I do know is I am watching you all very close. Loved the Progressive soup idea again. They have a NICE variety. I can't remember who thought of the Adkins frozen food thing. It would so take the pressure off of what to make.

I MIGHT think I could do a can of soup and a calorie/ carb counted already made dinner. = already plated and controlled.

THAT I COULD DO. But then it goes to a Jenny Craig type deal. People DO lose weight from that! (And gain back at warp speed). But I am slowly gaining a pound here and there and going the WRONG direction. So I need to turn this around at warp speed. Maybe I do just need to get the weight off then worry about keeping it off!
First things first!!!- Right now I am fat and EVER so miserable. Just being honest!

I had a hellish day. I was so tired from today I came home and started to chart and my head was going down on my computer. I ended up giving in to the fact I was just exhausted and took a nap at 5 pm and got up at 730. I am up now- but still yawning! I will be good to go back to bed about 10- and will most likely sleep though.

I was on the road from 8:15 - 4:30 and then had a meeting from 430-500. Slammed my computer closed and closed my eyes. I saw 4 patients today and it was so stressful.

My first patient I sent to the ER and called the squad for her. OMG- I was FREKIN out. She is a REAL heavy girl and had 1/2 of a leg cut off 2 weeks ago. She can't bend over to see her leg. It was open and LEAKING pus and blood on the floor. (HIV/ HEP C active as well!!!!!!) I kid you not.
She said she was wondering why her floor was turning brown. her leg was a ripping mess/ and the SMELL dear god the smell. She didn't know!!!!!- OH dear god-

Right after that- my next patient was drunk as a skunk at 10:00 AM after a 5th of morning breakfast vodka!!!!!- Breakfast of champions!!!!!!- She was vacillating between how much she loved me and crying for her dead lover. Awesome! She just got out of the hospital for falling/ blacking out from drinking.
So I just helped her back to bed- and closed the door behind me.

Saw 2 more after that- run of the mill- heart failure and diabetic! Typical day in the life of JAZ- I was pooped.
I am now behind in my charting and need to leave out of here by 9 tomorrow to hit up Gainsville. I will most likely try to knock out my charting in the morning so I might not get on here until after my shift is over.

I am SERIOUSLY thing HARD about carb cycling! I just know I am at a turning point. The carb creep is winning the weight war and I am miserable and the thought of going off the rails with a ALL YOU CAN EAT DAY is scary as H#ll. Something HAS to give.

So my work friends- who have become just friends- we no longer work together- are planning another girls night out! We had so much fun last moth we are thinking about a every other month get together!
So we are going to get together the 28th. See...... I guess I do have friends here! Ever slowly but surely. We have a group text the 3 of us- and text each other daily, mostly funny stuff!!!!

My Bella is tired too and has already put herself back to bed! When I die I want to come back as her. That PAMPERED POOCH!

Thats for the fun read- and I am going to go explore the carb cycling link a few pages back! I might give it a 30 day run- what the hello I have nothing to lose except weight!!!!! I am thinking soup, tuna, LC/ Low cal- frozen dinners. Predone- no cooking.
Who knows it might me fun to put kitchen on pause for a minute. I do know my portion sizes are needing knocked down, and I need to shrink my tummy.

I have said before that when bariatric patients are thinking of surgery they do a liquid fit 30 day prior to SHRINK the stomach.

Ok my lovelies - I appreciate you all so very very much! sometimes (today) my days are so hard, to read your posts are like a breath of fresh air!

More to come - tomorrow. Going to put up feet and have a glass of wine and mindless TV for an hour then to bed!!!!!!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Sep-04-19 at 19:15.
  #2299   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 20:36

BF:

OkI have gone back 5 pages and can't find that link/ Person Lori was referring to DD/ High eating- PLEASE SPOON FEED me HAHAHAHA
  #2300   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 04:48

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz....I didn't post a link about this plan, just referenced the book and author. It is "The Every Other Day Diet" by Dr. Kristen Varady. I only worry about calories every other day when they are to stay below 500. On the normal days, I eat basically what I want, but I stick to mainly low carb. As I said before, you really want to eat plenty of food on the normal days(up to around 2000 calories) as it's the disparity between the low and high days that keep your metabolism guessing!

You sure did have a he!! of a day yesterday. I sure hope today is a better one for you. Couldn't be much worse, could it?

Nic....so me cleaning my oven at 4:30AM would be a friendship deal breaker? I will admit it is not something a normal person would do.

Trig.....wondering how the DD made out with the Ortho Dr.? Hope it's nothing that requires any intervention of any type.

Blue...hope you continue to feel better. Is DH still under the weather too?

Today I'm going to hard boil some eggs to have on hand for the "diet" day. I think they will really work to quell the hunger. I'm thinking that on some of the "diet" days I may just eat eggs all day. I could eat up to 6. Probably some fried/scrambled and some hard boiled.

I woke up very hungry today after yesterday's low day. I'm up in time to eat a small amount before Yoga. YAY!

Be back later.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Sep-05-19 at 05:12.
  #2301   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 05:26

BF:

Lori- I will look up Dr. Varady- thanks!
I love eggs as wells. I prefer them scrambled with a drop or two of hot sauce on them!!!!- YUM

I was also reading an article that referenced Dr. Mercola Ketofast. I want to get that book too. It is about low carb cycling. I will hit up the library to see if they have any of these books. Love FREE!!!!!

Enjoy Yoga! - Today is catch up day for me. I slept and slept yesterday after I got home. Could not even chart- just had to sleep. I feel pretty good. But I am wearing out. I think they call it burn out. Stress is now affecting me physically. I just don't know gals!

Enjoying some coffee- Thinking hard about how I need to go with this WOE. I DO NOT want to give myself permission to go off the rails. I will tell you my clothes are getting TIGHT!!!!

However let me tell you what I did. So I really wanted something new. I have ALWAYS wanted a RED dress. Just something pretty, bold, and to go out in for dinner or something.
So I found a very pretty wrap dress with a flirty ruffle on the bottom of the skirt. It looked so pretty on those that bought it. I got it on Amazon.
It got rave reviews. People were saying it ran a tad oversize. So I bought it in my normal size. It is tight as heck and I look like a HUGE APPLE. Not flattering at all. -

I gave it a hard look- then went back to see those that already bought it. It looks great on them. So it isn't the dress. I think it would be a great dress to measure my losses. It does HUG every curve- so everything is there. I think it will be my goal dress. The day I am able to get in it and it is drapy rather than stuffed like a sausage in it I will do the happy dance. I have it hanging visibly as a reminder of what I want.

It was 25 dollars- so it wasn't like its a hundred dollar dress. It is 25 dollars well spent. I like having a goal dress!! -levaca Women's Plain Casual Flowy Short Sleeve Midi Dress with Belt- - Copy and past that into amazon you will see it. It comes in 15 colors- I went with red.

Well- I gotta run.
I flat don't know what to eat today- ............... I have to travel this morning, won't be back until later this afternoon. Than it will be charting catch up!

Have a great day
  #2302   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 05:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Darn Nicco I love it. Posting Keto booze on the thread! My kinda gal but omg I hate cinnamon which is why you guys never got me to drink my shot in Charleston hmm, I think Lori downed mine? I know one of ya did

Yea I chatted with her about that. Her honor courses etc means work and she can't 'get behind' like in 'little school' LOL She gets it, or so she says but I am already riding her butt. A little, can't burn her out too soon, gotta save the heavy convos for down the line into the school year, the heavy hitting ones, got a few up my sleeve I know will come out

Jaz, you job is f'd up to the max...but I guess you are used to it....holy moly...hold strong, possible layoffs are coming in Oct...ya might be one with a easy good boot out the door so stay strong on it. Give only what you can, pull back the rest of your energy for yourself....as long as that paycheck comes to ya....do what you gotta do to survive thru it for yourself and cash that check

YEA!!!! It is hard to think kcal count. I must stay extreme low carb tho. I know me, I am an addict. I get a few in my on my eating days and I know I will go crazy so......tight control on this.

but I did LA Weightloss back in the day and lost 70 lbs fast but I starved. Point blank starved. So NOW this is ALL about ME....in that if I take the best of everything I know suits me.....I think I can plan up an eating day and 500 kcal day and keep it in fine shape and lose. I am revisiting all my past success and building them all into one!

Like you lost great on seafood and exercise. So what if you do 1/2 hr exercise at night and eat only fish and small salad on a 500 kcal day and eat 'more normal very low carb' the next day....even 2 meals in a day if ya want....instead of OMAD......thing is what worked before best for you and how does it suit your life.....we can combine what works individually for us, put a few tweaks and MAKE OUR OWN DAMN PLAN and make it work best.

think on it

Lori eggs are fab. Also think maybe some hollandaise sauce over them for some good fat....also think small omelet with some swiss melted in it
so cool you are doing great in your yoga. I ain't got patience ever for yoga. I have to move move move, hiking does that and yet you are a runner and can still 'stay on a mat' and get'er done....you are so well rounded
cool

HI ALL

so did my low kcal day yesterday and did fine
I had a few twinges of I wanna eat and then I told myself to shut the heck up and it worked....yes I can easily tell myself you are being a baby and get embarrassed over just that and stop doing it to myself. the whine, omg I hate even when I whine to myself under my breath or in my brain...time for that crap to pass

best fat for a low eating day....BACON

takes very little to make me happy.....4 slices bacon...160 kcals
2 eggs.....140 kcals
1 slice american cheese melted into scrambled eggs to make cheesey eggs I love.....70 kcals

370 total and I know I am happy with bacon in my low day AND I still got a few kcals left to drink alot of broth or add in a a bit more bacon!
A few bacon wrapped scallops never hurt anyone LOL

Woke up not too hungry. Weather icky here, super cloudy, might rain? and kinda in a foggy head mode right now so food ain't a priority.

EAT day but kinda don't think I will eat too much today, will eat decent to keep kcals up a bit....cause like Lori said you need a jump between the 2 days....low is low but up means get into at least 1500 kcals and I can do that easily one big ribeye floats that boat

Kid is fine. Dr said bad sprain. 2 weeks out of gym and she is loving that!! Hobbling less. Ice, rest, and usual crap for knee so that is good. 4 xrays.
We had a military type Dr....I loved him He grabbed her knee and said do this, do that, does that hurt, up and down, flex and stop, pain level on it, and more of this and that and real fast he says, all ligaments etc good. Sprain. NOW do this and that to fix. 2 weeks no gym. You are good to go....hot damn we were in and out like a military black ops mission.....my kind of visit

off to moms in a bit. shop time. then home to do a few chores and not much more. not in the mood to do much today.

but hopefully weather is decent tomorrow cause it says it should be and hubby and I are hiking tomorrow. I am thinking Buffalo Creek Preserve trail. 4.1 miles out and back. Around small lake. Kinda easy to moderate it said.....so thinking another simple trail tomorrow before hitting UP the mt trails....hot in the 90s still....

Hiking again feels fab. I can't wait til we get out the backpacks and DO the biggie ones that tax me a bit. Easy trails is just walking to me, I need a challenge most of the time and will set us up for it.

great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Sep-05-19 at 06:54.
  #2303   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 07:26

BF:

Lori- Not a deal breaker but I sure would have wondered about you!

Jaz- IIRC, that Fireball recipe called for stevia, which I don't consider to be an artificial sweetener. I use stevia, erythritol (non GMO) and Xylitol (non GMO) for sweetening agents regularly. Now will it taste as good or not- that is the question! I might buy a smaller container of JD and half the recipe and see what happens. Did you know that regular Fireball has a ton of sugar in it? Fireball Cinnamon Whisky (66 proof, 33% ABV, 1.5 oz serving 108 calories and 11 grams of sugar per serving) – Doesn’t sound horrid until you start doing the math: at 1.5 oz, 11 grams of sugar (which is 2.2 teaspoons or .73 Tablespoons), this converts to 0.38 oz. which is a full 25.33% of the shot. That’s right – 1/4 of that shot of Fireball is sugar! At 33% ABV there’s almost as much sugar in each shot of Fireball Cinnamon Whisky as there is alcohol.

What a pretty dress you bought! It looks like it would drape beautifully. That being said, I suspect I would look like a snausage in it! I love that you chose red and have it as your goal dress..and 25 dollars is a bargain!

I am sorry you are so exhausted. I can hear how spent you are. All the big hugs to you! Reading about that woman's leg almost made me hurl. Ugh!

Lori- the eggs are a good idea. I wish I liked them more. They are such an easy go-to! Have fun at yoga.

Trig- I think it was me who sucked down your Fireball. I am not a big cinnamon fan either but DANG that was good. Of course seeing the sugar content, now I know why!

GIRL you did great on your DD. Really good! High five!

I know your DD is thrilled to not have gym for two weeks! Worth getting clobbered by a dodgeball, even!

Hiya Blue! I hope your recovery is nearing completion. HUGS!!

••••••

Man, I will be tired later today, I bet. I fell down the internet rabbit hole and didn't go upstairs until after 1 AM, and then it took me until 3 to fall asleep. Up at 6:20. Bad Idea Bear! (reference: Avenue Q.)

I had my UD yesterday. I think it went okay. No binging, in fact I wasn't really all that hungry for most of the day but did eat. I don't know if I hit 2000 or not but I didn't skimp. Back to a DD today and planning delayed collagen coffee so I can enjoy that, then soup later and a wrap with the last tuna packet around 4:30. I've got a CASA home visit this evening at 5:30 so I'll need to leave 45 minutes ahead to get there on time. Should be home around 7 or a bit later.

Took DS17 to get his physical done for his job. This kid does NOT like needles, and they had to do a blood draw and give him a TB test. So this big 6'2",158 pound kid was squeaking in fear and was so tense that the blood was slow to flow! Bless him! He may have to get a varicella booster (apparently he only had one of the two shots) so we may have more fun in our future!

I've got to do schoolwork, pay bills and go to the library today as well. Lovely weather at a high of 76. I took the summer hand towel down and hung up the Fall one!

Catch you all later!
  #2304   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 08:49

BF:

Trig....you think I drank your Fireball in Charleston?? Hmmm....that doesn't sound like me. Yeah right....I'm sure I slurped it down!

I'm with you on traditional Yoga....BORING!! The Yoga I do is called Sport Yoga and is referred to as a PiYo workout. A combo of Pilates & Yoga. Trust me...we are not lying on the mat....we are moving! When our instructor is not going to be there, they bring in a sub to do traditional Yoga....I don't go. Went once..never again. It's a snooze fest.

I love cheese on eggs, but on a "diet" day, I avoid cheese like the plague to keep calories down. I think eggs will be my diet day go to. Have some hard boiling as we speak.

Glad DD's knee is ok. Sounds like you got a no nonsense Dr....awesome! In and out...gotta love it.

Jaz.....love the idea of a goal dress! I have a pair of Camo skinny jeans that are my "jeans of truth" at the moment. I need a good 10 lbs off to make them comfortable. Onward. I love Trig's idea of taking all the things we've learned throughout our dieting lives and combine them into a working plan. Never give up!

Nic...I love how you said on your Up day you don't know how many calories you had, but you didn't SKIMP. That is the perfect way to look at it! Don't stuff yourself, but don't skimp.

Blue....looking forward to seeing your posts when you feel better. We're holding your place for you! ((Hugs))

I'll be eating some carbs on my Up day. I'm making a Green Chef meal tonight. It is Tuscan Chicken Penne. It looks fabulous on the recipe card. Sometimes I decide to eat pasta and then when it comes down to it, I really don't want it..we'll see. I won't eat a big portion cause I don't want the massive bloat tomorrow.

I'm also going to stir up some of the "cheesecake" fat bombs. I haven't had any in a couple weeks and I'm hungry for it. Easy to whip up and so, so good. I'll be having some of that to cap off my Up day tonight.

Ok....enough of my rambling. Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Sep-05-19 at 08:55.
  #2305   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 17:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

You guys are keeping me in good reading! I'm all caught up, now all I need is the energy to find some thoughts to type. Ever so slowly I think I'm getting better. Hubby has definitely taken a nice turn, although he is still sleeping more than usual.

Unfortunately, my sinus issues have kicked in w/the bug, and my head is just a foggy doggy of a mess. Plus my tummy is off from the night time meds so I can sleep. UGH.

LOVE hearing y'all catch some fall fever on the woes. Nothing like a good experiment that loses you some pounds to get the mojo up and going.

Despite some "I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired" treats I have not gained, and in fact have lost a pound that appears to be sticking. Thing is, even if I have a treat I don't eat much of it. Nothing tastes as good as I think it will. Nothing. Not carbs, not LC.

SIGH. Sorry to be such one note Charlene.
  #2306   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-19, 05:09

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast one and back to post up later

off for 4.1 mile hike. seems easy to moderate. thru a preserve, thru farmlands, forest, up little hill for overlook, and then along a small creek area. No loop, ugh, I hate backtrack trails but so be it

It is in the low 90s today and crap if the heat hasn't come back strong and still around....too hot for long trail mountain hiking for me.....easy simple trails til the weather breaks a bit, which is good I guess cause it is getting me in condition to do a very long hard hike soon. Baby trails thru this hot weather for me right now.

will eat out.....500 kcal day for me.
I think I will get a side salad to munch something while hubby eats the world.

tonight just do some tuna and mayo and some broth to get thru the day.

gotta get moving....day is a'wastin

Last edited by Whirrlly : Fri, Sep-06-19 at 05:16.
  #2307   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-19, 06:32

BF:

Good Morning! What is this? Going on 7 am and no LORI???!!!????!!!??!- Hey girl where are ya?

LORI- I like the fact you and TRIG are posting your food. I might wanna do that too. I think that somehow when you actually write it out and put it out there you get clarity.

You have a trip coming up don't you? I seem to remember something along those lines!!!!

TRIG-
- How is this new UP/ Down thing going for you? I just seem to be hitting nothing but UP days! - not so dam funny!
I am glad to hear you are getting into hiking this year! Plus- the hubby going with you!!! Do you wear boots?
It's still hotter than hades - Are you a sweat bag when the hike is over?

NIC- Leave it to you to SPOIL my head in the clouds whiskey shot!!!!! OMG- I had no idea there was that much sugar in a Fire ball! - Wow....... I think I snagged Trig's too!!!!
Are you getting any rain from the storm?
Funny story about big men- squirmy from a TINY needle! I swear they are all alike. They are bruno until a needle is in sight. It is sorta funny. Both my kids ended up with a booster for chicken pox! They both also had the series they are supposed to get before collage. I can't think of it right this second! I will think of it after I close the laptop!
Awesome you had a nice lite week! Are you doing the up/down days as well?

Blue- welcome back to the land of the living!!!! Get your strength back! I am glad it didn't go into a secondary infection! Urghhhh- so it was the FLU? UGHHH-
Hitting early! So glad you are feeling better!
--------------------------------------------
Speaking of FLU- I stopped in to see two patients yesterday and they are an elderly couple and both were so sick! They had already seen their doctor. They just needed some broth, chicken soup and ginger. But they don't drive, or have family.
I see this more than you know. People truly alone, and elderly and struggling to make it!
Yes I went and got them what they needed. I may HATE my job- but I still love the patients. My struggles are not their fault.

I am hours behind in charting. This charting is over the top. For every patient I see I have 1.5 hours worth of charting after I leave. It piles up fast. That does not include driving time- or prep time. They (corporate) keep piling on more and more required charting. It all takes time. My actual face to face time is so small - I know why doctors are bailing! This issue is not just with me- the industry itself is broken.

Those of us that actually give a dam are being burned out and leaving healthcare at warp speed. It is a sad state of affairs! Don't get me started.
I can't even think about the fact it is Friday- I am so behind!

Goal - to stop working by 7pm and get caught up so I can truly enjoy the weekend and not work.
Sorry another work tirade!!!!!-

Still hot and oppressive here. Mid 90's and no rain for the entire next week and no end in sight!
You know what I found interesting yesterday? I was driving back from Gainesville GA yesterday. Gainesville is north Ga near the boarder. Anyway it is hilly and pretty country side. Lots of farms and trees. I noticed that the tress are starting to shed leaves due to drought. No color change- just dropping leaves. It was shocking. We haven't had good rain for weeks and weeks. It has been sporadic here and there when it did. It was a brief shower and gone. then the sun comes back out and it's brutal. The foliage is feeling it. The trees have lost the deep color. My grass is turning brown.

Blue-
I envy your cool and crispy air!

I have got to get my Sh*t together with my eating. I know that fish and veggies and working out was the ticket for my the first time around. That isn't going fly this time around. I have the taste for more fatty meats, and I am a slug bug (I was running 4 miles daily before and going to the gym. I was a true gym rat). I need to change my mind set! Success starts in the brain.
I know things need to change- just need some mojo.

I need to develop a PLAN of CARE like I do for my patients and stick with it. I even considered joining a rec center- haven't ruled it out. I just need to DO IT!!!!!!

I have an empty fridge and a bottle of wine on the counter for after work! I am not going out tonight. Thought about it. It's hot- and I am waiting for some cooler air. There is a music fest at the square tonight. The bugs are going to love the people fest.
I am wiped out Friday nights!

Ok- what to have with wine for dinner? Maybe Fireball?????- HAHAHAHA- I could be a liquid diet today!

OK- I have to tell you all a funny - to at least end on a funny. So I was thinking I STILL smelled "something" in my fridge. Maybe it was just me now thinking it's still there. So I am doing the sniff test. I came across a old bottle of parma cheese. Well it was old and I decided to start tossing old condiments.
So what did I do? I opened the part cheese and dumped it in the trash can which sits in my kitchen.
Fast forward this morning I am making my way to the coffee post half asleep when a GROSS smell of TOE jam hit me in the face! OMG- where was it coming from. OH yea- the part- splattered in my trash. BARF.....It was all I could do to close the bag- open the window and put the bag in the garage! I will take it to a dumpster next door this morning so it doesn't stink up my garage!

I tell ya- I am afraid to put anything in my fridge. I swear I can still smell something- but it is truly now empty. I have washed it with lysol soap and hand dried it- looks new!
nothing underneath either.

Gotta start my day........ back t ya later when this is over!
  #2308   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-19, 08:18

BF:

Good Morning!

I was here early, but decided to wait to see what was up with some of you.

Trig...good for you for getting out there getting a hike in this morning! I love early morning walks, but lately I've just gotten into the habit of just sitting and drinking coffee in the morning. Bad habit. I need to move!

Jaz...hope your day goes well and that you can get caught up early this evening so you can enjoy your weekend. Your charting should be interesting if your dinner is wine & Fireball!

You asked about my trip. Yes, DSis & I are going to Virginia Beach in 2 weeks. Just watching hurricane coverage now and hoping our hotel is faring ok. Fingers crossed. I have a friend near Wilmington NC and I'm waiting to hear from her this morning. The worst has passed there. How frightening.

Nic....funny about DS and the needles. When I was younger, I used to just about pass out whenever I got a shot. I remember as a kid getting a shot and then having to lie on the Dr's exam table for a while. I'm better now after years of blood tests etc. I still get a little woozy if I'm getting a blood test and they have trouble finding the vein or whatever. Ugh.

Blue....now if you can just get the sinus thing cleared up, you should be on the mend. It sure hit you hard and fast.

Today is a diet day for me and I need it. That darn hummus and pretzels really derailed me this week. I still did my diet days, but would gain a couple on my Up days due to the darn carbs. Up & down the same couple pounds all week. I've also been having some digestive issues this week which is not helping the situation. Onward. I also need to get back to walking/running. I keep saying that, but just can't seem to get into a good routine. I'm also going to stop weighing every day....just nuts. I'm going to only weigh on the morning after my diet days at the most. Who needs to see that number pop up after a normal day? It will go down again....just normal fluctuations.

Ok....sun is shining and it's getting nice out. Was a little chilly this morning. I have a load of laundry in the dryer and then I'm going to head out for a walk. There, I've said it.....I have to do it, right? Hello? It will help pass some of my diet day time.......until I start eating eggs! Yep.....today is all eggs, all the time.

Later!
  #2309   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-19, 09:57

BF:

Good morning everyone!

Blue- I am sorry that you are still feeling icky even though it is improving. A pound down is the least your body can do for you, right?

And you are not a one note Charlene. You are sick, so that is what you are talking about. We share day to day things and sometimes that is the day! We've all been there!

Trig- Have a great hike today! So is it 4.1 there and back or 4.1 each way? I think you are doing the right thing by building up. LOL on 'hubby eats the world!'

Jaz- Bless your little clients' hearts. I'm glad you were able to care for them. Do they not have MoW there? Many low income folks should qualify and that would be food they could count on, plus a daily visitor. It is nationwide and operates on a sliding scale.

The charting is just ridiculous for your job. I feel for ya!

We are losing some leaves here due to low rainfall. They are turning yellow and dropping.

I wonder what in the world is up with your fridge? I do have a to smile at the 'toe jam' stink coming from your garbage. In my house I seem to be the only one who notices or cares when the trash is stinky. My Dh just will let it go bc he doesn't want to change it out and walk the bag ALL THE WAY to the side of the house so at most he will put it in the garage- which then makes the garage stink!! MEN!

Lori- I got the book and joined the EOD FB group you are on. Do you have any others to recommend on there?

Also, I'm curious. With you doing DDs on MWF, how do you manage Sa and Su?

•••••••

Happy FriYAY!! Things have been quiet for me, overall, since school started. I've taken on much less work shifts for now bc I am avoiding the 9-5 weekend shift, which is most of what has been coming up lately. So I'm doing my school class, which is minimal work, and my volunteer stuff. Cruising along.

DS17 DOES need the varicella booster so I will need to locate that for him. Apparently Patient First doesn't have it. He also needs to go get his TB test checked. So we'll be doing that over the next couple of days.

I took the dogs in to be bathed and get their nails clipped. I'm going to go on a walk in a bit before I go get them. High of 75 and cloudy.

UD today. I've had a single serving of stovetop cooked oatmeal today, which is a favorite of mine and delicious. So good. I am doing pork rind breaded pork loin and asparagus for dinner. Not sure what I will eat in the middle of the day. Right now I'm just chilling with food pretty well.

Hugs to all!
  #2310   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-19, 10:12

BF:

Nic....I use the weekend for catch up diet days as needed. For instance, this Sunday will be a diet day for me because we are invited to meet up with some friends on Monday(my diet day). If it's a normal week, I will just have Saturday and Sunday be Up days. I just want to get 3 diet days in a week.

Send me a friend request on FB if you want. I don't post much, but I read every day.
Closed Thread