Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 18:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/234/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default I am soooo sad!

I stepped opn the scale this morning and I had lost another half a pound. But the sad part is I also lost my cat Wally. We are doing some remodeling and he must have jumped out a window we are replacing and we did not notice it. He has been gone over thirty hours and I am worried sick. I and DH walked the cornfield next to our property and along the pond but... no Wally. I know this isn't about weightloss but I am so sad and want to just cry cry cry....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 18:50

Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

I feel so sad for you. I love my cats the same way you love Wally and can't imagine something like this happening to them.. Have you tried attracting him back with some canned cat food or something else? Hopefully he will come back. Keep us posted!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 18:50
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

hey... me and my boyfriend have 3 cat's... Marley, Mau, and Merlot...

they are indoor cat's... but when they get out... they will investigate.... and have once or twice...scared us... with not coming home for days... like 3-4.

Wally will show up... you need to leave out some food... and the light...
and keep looking...
I will pray for him to come home.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 18:52
Registered Member

Stats: 267/256/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 8%

Oh No!!!

Cats have a way of taking off...then coming home. If Wally is an indoor cat, he's likely enjoying the heck out of a bit of freedom.

DON'T give up hope...he'll most likely come home when he's good and ready. I've been through this a few times!!

A big scare came about 3 months ago when my roomie's de-clawed totally indoor kitty took off...and was gone three days.

She came home filthy yet healthy.

Please take care and hang in there!

Dana
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 19:09

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

He'll probably come back don't worry. Every time I had a cat they ran away for days, but always came back.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 19:16

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Praying that Wally will show up. Don't give up hope. If you are remodeling, could he have gotten in anywhere he shouldn't have? I ask this because my sister had her closet door open and her himalayian cat somehow managed to get in between the wall and the insulation! It took hours to lure him out. Now she has to be careful that she never leaves that door open because he always wants to go back there. Prayers going up!!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 19:31

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

I'm sorry to hear about your cat I hope he comes home soon!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 19:33
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I know it's extra hardd on a holiday when everything is closed. Tomarrow make sure to call all the pounds in your area and the local animal control officer to have them keep an eye out. Talk to your neigbors as well. If one of them was grilling you might find your cat curled up in thier living room suckering them out of food. Look up as well. I have had two seperate cats that have been lost and we found them stuck up trees very close to the house.

When you find him you may want to talk to your vet about getting a microchip installed if he doesn't have one already. It is a small injection in the neck. When a cat is found he is scanned for a chip. The animal control can use this to call you and notify you in case of emergancy, or to let you know your kitty is resting comfortably in the animal jail and you have to post bail
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 19:53
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

We have a "wanderer" too. I was so scared when she didn't come home for WEEKS...we live in a small town surrounded by highway and farmers!

She came home, demanding food, acting like WE were the ones to blame...
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 19:58

Stats: 238/234/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Wally has been found!!!!

I had just finished posting my story when I heard my DH hollering for our golden retriever Benny. Benny would not come up to the house, he was down by the horse barn and would not listen to DH. So DH went to investigate and he saw Wally hiding behind some stored stuff (junk to me, treasure to DH!). DH had been mowing some tall grass near the pond so I don't know if he scared Wally up or what but I am sooo happy he is safe and sound! He looks filthy. Wally is a long hair tuxido cat and his "little white gloves" look like he has been working pretty hard! But he is his arrogent little self. He has the look on his little black face like "what is the big deal!" Don't you just love how cats can cop an attitude. I just wonder where he spent the night, spooky with all the geese and other wildlife around here. When we walked the cornfield earlier we saw so many different spots where the deer have been bedding down. I wonder if Wally encountered any on his adventure? We adopted Wally about three years ago. The HS thought someone may have lost him over the Thanksgiving holiday because that was when he was found. He was about 7 months old and declawed and neutured. He is a beautiful cat and I can't imagine why someone would go through all of the expense of declawing and neuturing and then get rid of him. That is why they thought he was lost by someone visiting or something. Their loss has been my gain.

Thank you all for your posts! I know this was not about weightloss but I always know there is someone who cares on this site no matter what it is about! God Bless you all!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:10

Plan: Atkin's Nutritional Approach
Stats: 190/165/150 Female 68 inches/ 5' 8 1/2"
BF:39/32/25
Progress: 63%

oh... I know what it's like to have a kitty come up missing. I am kitty-krazy, cats are my love!

I know how it feels.

I sure hope you find your kitty.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:22

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

There is nothing worse than not knowing.

One of my cats goes away for weeks at a time, the longest was 3 months!! yes 3 months, my son saw her a few acres away, called her and home she came! Now we think she goes and spends 3-4 days at a time, at her second home every now and then.

She is 12, her Mom is 15, and we will be having her put down once winter sets in, cause she is on her last days and I don't want her to wonder off and not come back.( she has an incurable tumor)We are just giving her the best summer, then will let her go.

I wish you the best ((hug)) Kathy
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:29

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Yay!!! I am soooo glad you found Wally! I know it was a scary experience. Are you going to have to bathe him now? If so, I'll pray some more for you. I bathed a cat twice in my life...my first time and my last time. LOL. Can we just say it was not a pleasant experience for me or the cat. I know you will be sleeping better tonight with your baby home safe!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:40

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%

I am so happy you found your baby. I have a love myself. Her name is Lexi and she's almost 3 years old. Be careful during your construction. My cat is neutered and declawed on all four paws so I make sure the screens are in tight and she wears a bell on her collar so we can hear if she tries to skip out of the door.

Give your girl a kiss (grimey or not) and then give her a sponge bath. She just might like it. Lexi does.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 21:58

Plan: low cal,less pro. atkins
Stats: 138/130/118 Female 179 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 40%

aww, I'm relieved he is back! I love cats, and I am glad this story has a happy ending. I used to have the same kind of cat as Wally...
His name was Spaz and he was such a nice cat. He left one day though and never came home, but he was always adventerous.
My current cat, Kaede, I can not bear to leave when I have to go away. I always have to face traveling, and I wish me and my cat could go on the plane together. But I wouldn't want to put my cat through that anyway. Luckily I am not an animal person and I only love cats and horses...and tigers.