Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 15:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214.9/187/150 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 43%
Cool I keep thinking I'll cheat, and don't!?

I can't believe this way of eating! I don't feel hungry, I get to eat lots of tasty stuff, I don't even want a piece of bread. I started this at the beginning of July and did not weigh myself at the beginning, so it is hard to say how much I have lost, although I have made progress since I did start weighing weekly, and I am a bit smaller. WooHoo! Although I am going along slowly, that is okay with me. I find it really easy to stay around 1500 cals and 20 carbs without too much thought. One problem is those pesky almonds and that cream. So...........I quit bringing cream to work and subsequently drink less coffee, as I have to go out and get it. I try not to buy almonds till the weekend, because I just want to eat them all. I haven't really "cheated" since I started, a couple of french fries and a lick of ice cream. I only think of it as cheating cause it was stuff that I am not eating now. A few times I have consciously gone well over the 20 net carbs that I am trying to maintain, but that is not cheating. Legal foods were used. Wine is legal, right?

For the last week or so, I have been thinking about having something "forbidden". I don't do it though. I just have the coffee and forgo the rest. It must be a mind set thing. Somehow when it comes to actually doing it, I don't. Who would have thought that it was that simple? Who would have thought that I would get to the point of thinking that a piece of fruit was a big treat? I think it may be time to start adding a bit more carbs to make things more interesting. Maybe I am just a bit bored and that has me thinking about granola bars and such. That's all from me. TTFN
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 16:01

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

CONGRATULATIONS!! You are are doing great!! Keep up the great work
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 17:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (7/28/03)
Stats: 272/218/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Me too

I keep having the same thoughts - maybe I'll have something "forbidden" today. In all my past low fat & low calorie attemps to lose weight, I've always cheated, but this time it's so different. Even the donuts some kind person brought to work this morning were just not that exciting any more - I'd much rather eat an Atkins bar. Strange......but true!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 17:35

Stats: 243/187/145 Female 5'5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 57%

You're doing great!!! I do the same thing...I think I will cheat & then I will change my mind & decide it just isn't worth it.

Keep up the great work!!!

~Amy
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 18:44
Airy Cats Eyes

Stats: 198/180/171 Female 5'5"
BF:diminishing daily
Progress: 67%

Hi Beadworker,
I often feel the same way! I just do not crave pasta, bread (ice cream a little, but I have not indulged). And now if I engage in binge-y sort of food behavior, it's with nuts or cheese.
Congratulations on your progress!!!!

Eri Z
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 19:05
Registered Member

Stats: 208/184/154 Female 5ft 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I know exactlyw hat you are all feeling. I was faced witht eh biggest temptation ever, my favourite ice cream parlour, but I was astonished at my will power! I had a black decaf coffee and 1 splenda, while my son munched away trhu a mint choc ice cream!
I thought seeinghtat they had pralines nad cream, the onlyi ce cream I really like, I would have capitulated, but no way ho say!

I love this WOE, so glad I finally ignored the critics and went for it, best decision I have ever made in myife - well apart from having my son lol