Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 13:49

Plan: CAD
Stats: 154/146/135
BF:
Progress: 42%
Question Snacks between meals

Help!
I have read and reread all the information in the book and can´t find anywhere that it talks about between meal snacks. Are they not allowed on CAD? I understand which foods can be used outside of the RM but are those only for the other two meals with nothing in between? I can just hardly get by now and then without something and I´m not sure what, if anything, is "legal".
Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 14:20

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Post CAD

CAD doesn't recommend snacks unless you're losing more than 2 lbs per week, but I'm not sure about CALP.......

-animaldoc
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 14:37

BF:

Oh, I was afraid of that!! Well, so much for the late night ham and cheese. Thanks for the info.

Nice to see you are from MI. I am living in Sweden but was originally from Cadillac and Saginaw.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-02, 16:07

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Talking Snacks........

The CALP book comments on snacks in a few places. Basically snacks are just fine as long as they are Craving-Reducing foods only.

Here is a quote from CALP, page 117:

Quote:
Craving-Reducing Meals and Snacks should be well balanced and should include both high-fiber and protein-rich choices. The amount you eat is not critical as long as you include both protein and high-fiber vegetables at any Craving-Reducing Meal or Snack.

Libby
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-02, 23:40

BF:

Thanks, Libby. I read that part and was not sure if it meant between meal snacks or what. I do fine during the day but after dinner (before bed) it seems I need just a mouthful of somthing....maybe meat or cheese. This should help a lot!