Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 05:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/232/196 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 32%

Ah well as for myself 3 days in and 5 pounds lost, happy with that as I'm sticking to my atkins plan very strickly, Probably won't lose anything next week if I lose too much this week that seems to be the way with induction, lose all your water the first week and then just keep it off the next week.

As I'm going to Spain for a week in Feb I'd better try as hard as I can to lose some fat in the run up to it.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 17:34

Plan: atkins/under 20 gr per da
Stats: 154/133/129 Female 5 8
BF:22
Progress: 84%

Dear Gagalina,

Found the ketone sticks in my local chemist and swear by them. However i do notice that if i measure urine in the afternoon it can be high but by the evening time it can do down to just a trace in the urine. Does anybody else use them? Is it just my urine that is letting me down!!! Jesus what a thought! Tried the chocolate and orange atkins bar and i though it tasted just like terry chocolate orange. It was gorgeous!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 17:07

Stats: 187/166/143 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi Aofe,

I'll have a look cause I always wondered about it. Especially at times when I'm not loosing. Do you use them everytime you use the bathroom or twice a day or something??

I don't like chocolate orange - I find the LC Rolo really nice, cant really taste anything weird about it.

Have a nice weekend all!!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 17:08

BF:

Wohoo, I got a second piece of meat in my logo ;-)
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 00:37

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Wow, how many people do you know that celebrate Christmas on January 29???? Not even in the USA do we do this, but the Adams family of Bellbrook, Ohio is doing it. This is the first weekend that all 32 of us could get together, it's hosted at our home every year and our Christmas tree is still up. I took two vacation days to clean the house and my hubby took off today and we rearranged furniture, since our daughter is getting married in June and has moved out, we painted her bedroom about a month ago and have spent the past two days moving things and cleaning behind wherever we go. I'm making roast beef in au jus, a cheese ball with crackers (I will probably only cut of a few pieces of cheese ball throughout the day as I go by it) and we provide the punch as well. If my oven holds out, I will make au grautin potatoes for those on carb lovers diet (aka the hubby and daughter and the rest of the family, I'm outnumbered here) Everybody else will bring side dishes. It's a hodge podge of things to eat but surprising it all ends up going together very well. My Mom comes since we're the hosts (and my sister in law's father comes as well... Maggie lost her mother two years ago, so she invites my mother to Thanksgiving at their house and we invite her father to our house in return)

Was very very sad today. I went to my "bird room" to feed the flock of 11, only to discover I now have a flock of 10. My beloved Lacey, a cockatiel, fell between the wall and an old stereo stand that I house my supplies on. I KNOW to let a gap between the wall and the stand, NUMEROUS times I've found Lacey, Kringle and Molly, the three that have free run of the bird room, lodged there, but even though it's been a close call, I've always rescued them. This time it wasn't a rescue. I feel bad because Lacey and Adam (a blue crown conure, a type of parrot, that I've had since 1987) are my favorites and I raised Lacey from the time he was 3 weeks old and he was 9 years old, he was a hand fed cockatiel. It's like losing one of my own "Babies". He was so tame and would fly to me whenever I opened the door. He will be sadly missed.

Sorry, I'm not usually this doom and gloom. Christmas tomorrow, more cleaning to be done and then I'll check in with all of you tomorrow night when the family leaves.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 16:44

BF:

Belated Merry Christmas to you then Rebecca, hope it all went well!!

Sorrry to hear about Lacey though - I've never had birds but I know what you're talking about. I've had dogs, cats, rabbits, gineapigs and sooner or later they all seem to meet their maker...

Do you have an entire room just for your birds?
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 16:41

Plan: atkins/under 20 gr per da
Stats: 154/133/129 Female 5 8
BF:22
Progress: 84%

Dear Gagalina,

Use the stips from time to time. Exercised like a lunatic last week and was on a high level on the ketone strips. Been out walking for the past couple of days and am just on a low level. Better something than nothing. It is great to know whether you are in ketosis or not rather than hoping and praying that the next time you step on the scales you will have lost weight. Lost nearly 5lbs last week. Know that i wont lose anything like that this week but hope something comes off!

Cant believe that i have stuck to this diet. On it for over two weeks and have not been tempted to stray.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 19:28

BF:

About my birds, yes I have a bird room. It's a room about 12'X12'or so, I'm not good on deminsions. The builders of the house used it for their deep freeze, the second owners used it for a toy room for their son, it's essentially where the fireplace should have been. It's perfect for the bird and their three cages, since hubby hates birds out into the living space of the house. \ The belated Christmas went well, dinner turned out well even though the over DID bite the dust and had to finish the beef up on the stove, it turned out the best that it ever has though, so that's good. Hubby is very mad at his sister and his niece, he caught them rummaging through our drawers in our bedroom, so next year he said the bedroom will be locked. Besides, the cats were hiding under the bed and the kids were terriorizing them, so another vote fromt our two cats to lock the doors next year. He said if people don't respect our privacy then we'll not give them the chance any more. Why do people have to nosey around other people's belongings????
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 10:38

BF:

Hi Aoife,

well done on the 5 pounds!! I got my car last week wednesday, so I'm loosing out on walking to the bus stop at work, but at least I can sleep an extra 45 mins ;-) So have my mind set to do a bit of yoga in the evenings, or even to get up earlier and go to the gym before work (we have a little gym at work which is really handy).

Hi Rebecca,

good to hear the belated X-mas went well. I'd hate other people to go through my stuff - even if its family - I know some people can be very curious - but there has to be a limit somewhere - locking the door seems to be a sensible idea - also a good option for the cats ;-)
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 19:14

Stats: 210/200/170 Male 183 centimetres
BF:
Progress: 25%

This is my very first post on this forum and I'm hoping it won't be my last! I'm on the atkins diet for 3 days now and have been researching the pants off all things atkins while i've been online. Just thought I'd see if everyone here knew about www.lowcarbsliving.co.uk, it sells loads of things that you cant get in the shops here and they deliver to Ireland no bother
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 10:14

BF:

Hi Connokra,

welcome to the forum. Why don't you join us in the St. Paddy's day challenge?? This one here has fizzled out a bit.

Are you in the UK or in Eire?

How are you getting on with Atkins - its a bit of a change isn't it - but to the better of course!!
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 14:51
Registered Member

Stats: 241/220/190 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 41%

just buzzing around the forums and stumbled upon your thread. I started atkins about the same time you picked it up again after Christmas. Good luck to you.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-05, 09:51

Stats: 210/200/170 Male 183 centimetres
BF:
Progress: 25%

it is a bit of a challenge yeah but i find it a hell of a lot easier than a regular diet. I'm livin in dublin, that's why i was so excited when i found one of these forums for here!!!! and i'll take a look over to that paddys day forum now
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 00:01

BF:

Wowwee, I'm back on induction tomorrow, I think. I took a few weeks off to just play around, eating the stuff I missed and now I feel the effects. It's now only about 3 months until DD wedding, I think 13 weeks exactly, it's June 11. I won't have any of this off if I don't get busy.