Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 09:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Question Weigh in....

By the way, how often do you folks weigh in to check progress? CAD/CALP had me doing it daily, but I thought that through Induction I would do it weekly. Any advice? I don't recall reading about this in the book.

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 09:32

Stats: 194/174/120
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Weigh in

I weigh in every day. It keeps me honest and focused. I am currently on Induction, since 1/2/02 and have lost a mere 3 pounds. I am expecting to experience a drop in weight soon, and my goal is to lose a total of 10 pounds by the end of the month. Fitday is working great for me in reaching this goal.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 09:39

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

I think most people weigh in whenever they feel the need

Some do it every day, others once a week, some every two weeks.

If you do it daily, avg out the highs and lows for the week. Daily weigh ins will flux 2-4 pounds depending on time of day and water drank etc.

For instance the other morning I weighed 155, yesterday I woke up and weighed 159, this morning I was back to 155.5. *shrugs*

Scales are interesting in the jokes they play.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 10:20

BF:

I know what you mean about the averaging the daily weigh ins as well as the jokes scales like to play on us, Agonycat! I think I'll just be flexible about a "schedule" for weigh ins.

Thanks!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 10:44
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

YOu may be interested in having a look at this link DW and following the link in Nat's post. It's great!

Weighing In!

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 11:15

BF:
Thumbs up Excellent link...

Thanks. Karen. The link you sent provdes an excellent overview of using a scale. I had never considered all of the issues/factors reflected in the numbers. I will look at this in a new light!

Thanks
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 12:23
Registered Member

Stats: 222/217/160
BF:
Progress: 8%
Smile weigh in

i like to weigh in every otherday...like someone said previously it keeps you honest!!! Keep it up .......
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 12:13
Registered Member

Stats: 154/148/133
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Weighing in....

Personally, I think I am going to keep my weighing in to once a week - I think once a day is too much and slightly obsessive. If you are doing what it says in the book and being honest.....you have a treat every week.....!

I am on Day 4: and as most of you know the Irish have an intimate relationship with the Potato - that's why you've got so many of us living there.....the year the blighty crop failed us was around 1845 when Ireland lost it's potato and famine reigned in the land - so as you can imagine when we got the potato back we boiled them, chopped them up and fried them, we roasted them, we sauteed them and we eat them ...........a LOT of them - the Italians and Chinese freak with the Irish because when we eat Pasta or rice, we eat potatos with them..............I am explaining all of this so that you might understand...........I miss the blighty spud! I feel as though I am neglecting my Golden Wonders, Brass Tans, Roosters (all types of potato) I see them waiting to jump on to my plate and I cannot but feel I am letting my country down when I walk on by............

who sings that song? 'Walk on by.........'

Hope you are all doing well - as you can see Day 4 is having an all too traumatic effect on my brain - must start Journal - have to stop boring you.....

Slan. (goodbye in Irish)
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 12:34

BF:

Actually Burkey, your post made me LOL a bit and was not at all boring! I wish I had some words of wisdom for you regarding potato withdrawal, but I'm also only on Day 4 of Induction. I'm happy to report that it's going well for me and that my cravings have been almost non-existent. I also did a test last night and registered ketosis, which makes me feel that I'm doing this right.

Have you looked at the recipes to see if there are potato-imitating recipes that you might try? I found one yesterday that uses ground pork rinds and parmesan cheese to coat chicken before baking and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Anyway...keep up the good work and know that you can have some 'taters later on!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 12:59
Registered Member

BF:
Default Replacing the Spud

Well I never....replacing the spud.......I have decided instead that I will take my finest and place it in a deep frame and hang it in my bedroom. It is a sad end but the republic of Ireland will forgive me on the basis that we have 4.5 resident irish who will make up for my lack of potato noshing.......

Forgive me!

Anyway on Day 4 I am drinking loads of water adn the more I drink the more I need it would seem. FUnny how you can get through the day on no water and then all of a sudden you are drinking gallons of the stuff......

I saw this in a crossword once......5 llbs off the hips of the person who guesses the answer.....

Across
1A HLMNO (5)

Got the answer?
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 13:00
Registered Member

BF:
Default Mistake in Clue...

Don't know what happened there the clue is this......

Across
1A HIJKLMNO (5)

Got the answer now?
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 14:29
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%
Cool Potaotes.....

I missed potaotes too. I now use cauliflower in its place. I clean the cauliflower and measure how much I am allowed to have...it all depends how many carbs I still have in the bank*wink*. I place it in a glass bowl with a lid. Nuke for about 15 minutes. Put a glob of butter on...maybe some garlic and salt. THEN.....I get out my handy~dandy hand blender (with the blades) that I bought for 10 bucks and I whip it right in the container I cooked it in. Some people add crem cheese...but I LOVE it as it is. WAAAALLAAaaaa...mashed potatoes!!!!

#13   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 14:41

BF:
Thumbs up Mashed cauliflower...

Oh yes, cauliflower is yummy that way. I nuke it and mash it like 'taters with butter and some cream cheeze and it's yummy. At least that's what I did on CAD/CALP 1.5 years ago when I lost 60 lbs. I'd forgotten about how much I like it. Thanks for the reminder!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 17:23

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Yes!! Mashed cauliflower with butter!!

Never had it til I started LCing! Its as good as mashed potatoes!!
Ellie