Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-11, 12:56

Plan: hcg
Stats: 192/142/138 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauve
Maile, I too would be scared to increase the calories so fast. Do you need to because of hunger, or are you just testing your body?

I'm going according to a tested plan and that is to up calories by 250 per day until you reach your BMR + activity level. For me that is around 1800 -2100 calories. they key is apparently in the ratios with higher fat, mod protein and low carb. I'm definitely giving it a try, it would be nice to be able to eat a normal amount of food!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-11, 11:12
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Okay, I should report in here. I'm transitioning to P3... on D2 of no hcg.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-11, 13:00

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maile1
I'm going according to a tested plan and that is to up calories by 250 per day until you reach your BMR + activity level. For me that is around 1800 -2100 calories. they key is apparently in the ratios with higher fat, mod protein and low carb. I'm definitely giving it a try, it would be nice to be able to eat a normal amount of food!

Hi Maile, I just see this, don't know how I missed it before. Thank you for the info. Wondering how you are doing with this. What level did you reach successfully?
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-11, 13:33
Experimenter

BF:

I'm increasing to 750 calories today. Adding REAL salad dressing to my spinach and tonight the asparagus will get some garlic infused olive oil. Nummers! Other than that, staying fairly close to protocol except I had soup for breakfast... too hungry from yesterday's steak trial and I am putting cucumbers in my spinach.

Hmmm... I should defrost my bacon.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-11, 18:03
Experimenter

BF:

Oh hey! Anyone know if a glass of wine is allowed in P3? Say... a non-sweet one?
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-11, 20:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Oh hey! Anyone know if a glass of wine is allowed in P3? Say... a non-sweet one?

yes, but not suggested in the first week and if you do drop a fruit (so replace with the wine), really do be careful, a 3 oz glass of white might have been the trigger for me on Friday night to wake up to a gain on Saturday.

Last edited by maile1 : Wed, Feb-02-11 at 20:07.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-11, 20:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauve
Hi Maile, I just see this, don't know how I missed it before. Thank you for the info. Wondering how you are doing with this. What level did you reach successfully?

Doing well until Saturday, on the weekend I started coming down with a throat infection and added in too much coconut flour (I believe) and not enough sleep and it caught up to me. As of this morning I was 2.6lbs above LDW so did a steak day today and didn't stayed home from work. I hope if I can get some sleep that weight will be gone.

but calorie wise I reached 1800 before the roller coaster started and have, until today, kept eating between 1700-2000 and did not gain every day, just Saturday and yesterday.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-11, 21:02

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maile1
but calorie wise I reached 1800 before the roller coaster started and have, until today, kept eating between 1700-2000 and did not gain every day, just Saturday and yesterday.

So that is really good, I'd say.
Hope you are feeling better tonight.
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-11, 21:11
Experimenter

BF:

Being sick can cause weight gain too. I hope you're back on your feet quickly!
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-11, 23:09

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

So, p3 doesn't really work when you eat well all day and then fall head first into the hotel vending machine every night. Ten days of "p3" and I regained ten pounds.

Back to vlcd tomorrow. Not sure what spurred me to binge for ten days straight. I feel sick.
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-11, 08:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faduckeggs
So, p3 doesn't really work when you eat well all day and then fall head first into the hotel vending machine every night. Ten days of "p3" and I regained ten pounds.

Back to vlcd tomorrow. Not sure what spurred me to binge for ten days straight. I feel sick.

Yeouch!! get back in the saddle ducky! the hcg will take that off super quick!

have you got the holiday correction guide from HTA? its a 3 day program to get you back down up to 5 lbs after holiday/vacation if you are in P3 or P4. I used it after christmas and it worked very well.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-11, 08:45

BF:

Thanks Nancy and Fauve! feeling a bit better, I appear to have laryngitis, get is 2x year, every year, you'd think at the ripe old age of 45 I'd be bright enough to recognize the symptoms.

Did my steak day and down the 1.4 I put on the day before. also got some good sleep, took a gravol, will do again tonight to get 2 days in a row. Also planning a high protein day (ie very clean P3 day but extra protein) to see if I can't drop back to my actual LDW
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-11, 08:47

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

I don't. I tried an egg day and it dod nothing, not even an ounce. So, I decided to just go back to vlcd and do it right. Trying to do this on the road is a nightmare.

I did a high fat re-load yesterday, and I am starting vlcd at 164.4, just four pounds lower than where I was after my load days a month ago. Oh, well, it will be gone in two weeks. And then, I just want to do P3 right and stabilize.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-11, 09:05
Experimenter

BF:

Oh no, Ducky! I'm so sorry. I hope you get it going well again soon. Post here, we'll cheer you on.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-11, 21:18
Experimenter

BF:

I did 875 calories today. Couldn't quite get 1,000 in. Well, tomorrow the hcg should be out of my system. I did actually get quite hungry tonight.

Something that seems very different to me is that I don't feel all that full when eating meat. It seems to take fiber to make me feel full. I had 3 slices of bacon for a snack and that used to be about a meal for me. Today it didn't fill me up at all. But for dinner I had a steak salad and all that spinach sure filled me up, and the apple for dessert.

I mixed 3 vegetables in my salad! Will lightning strike me down?

I made some absolutely incredible caramelized onions. I used my SV to cook them for quite a few hours. Then I put them in a pan of hot garlic oil and cooked them until they turned golden brown and sticky with their own sugars. It was AMAZING with my steak.