Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 17:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 325/304/220
BF:
Progress: 20%
Lightbulb great results...again

Awesome results. On Atkins, I have lost 21 pounds in two weeks. My size 46 pants and 54 jacket were were very tight. They feel a lot better now.

However, I have lost a lot of weight on Atkins before, and as I do this again, I am studying the psychology of it as I go. (At 55 years of age, I can no longer ask my body to lose and regain another 100 pounds.)

I notice that I do sort of feel like I am walking out on the family religion. All that cooing in the commercials about carbohydrate rich foods, all those images of camraderie over food, all the actual camraderie when someone brings in do-nuts or bagels, etc. But on Atkins, those foods might as well be card-board. I have no appetite for them. In fact, I have very little appetite for food in general. I actually forget to eat. For example, it's 3:30 now and all I have eaten today is four eggs, two ounces of heavy cream and six packets of Sucralose in a custard. I'm not hungry. I might have a snack later.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 13:38

Plan: Atkins Diet w/ a twist
Stats: 200/177/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default hi

I have learned by not eating- you can't lose. Maybe you should set your meals by a certain time each day.
Be careful of the custard also.
Sounds like you are off to a great start.
Good luck

Kassy